Windows question

Rev Tony B

No, nothing to do with the computer. Just wondering if anyone else has found their Yeti windows doing things on heir own. A couple of times I've found my car stood on the drive with all the windows down. I NEVER wind down all the windows, indeed up here in t'Pennines I seldom wind down more than one at a time, anyway, but they were all down. The other night, the same thing happened in our church car park - I came out after a meeting, and the windows were all down. Fortunately it wasn't raining...

There has never been any suggestion that someone has been tampering with the car - nothing out of place, nothing broken or missing. The hypothesis which occurs to me is that someone else's remote has sent a signal which has the effect of lowering my windows. There was certainly one other car in the car park near mine when I went in, which had gone when I came out. I haven't yet spoken to the dealer to ask if they had any ideas, but I thought if this was an issue it might have cropped up for someone on here.

Any thoughts?

You fill find this question has been asked a million times on all the VAG forums. So you are not alone:

See here.

9 times out of 10 the key was in a pocket and the unlock button had been pressed for longer than two seconds. :giggle:

• Like 1

Agree with Johann, and to add it is now almost impossible for "blips" to transmit to another car, as they are all coded. It can be done but needs a laptop present to interegate the codes!

I agree on the accidental button pressing. Lost count of the number of times I've left the garage door opener in my pocket bent down and magically opened the door.

My reflex action is to shout 'yes dear', dinner ready?'.............. :giggle:

on my last Octavia this was caused by damage to the wiring where it went between the carbody and the tailgate . It can also becaused by water getting into the control unit inside the driver's door.

on my last Octavia this was caused by damage to the wiring where it went between the carbody and the tailgate . It can also becaused by water getting into the control unit inside the driver's door.

I think every time this has come up here the "button inadvertantly pressed" syndrome has been found to be the cause

The other night, the same thing happened in our church car park - I came out after a meeting, and the windows were all down.

Come on Vicar, surely you know that "The Lord works in mysterious ways" :bandit:

I think every time this has come up here the "button inadvertantly pressed" syndrome has been found to be the cause

That's a bold statement!

Philpark states that a fault in the wiring was found to be the cause in his case, 1st 2 search results refer to keys a.) hanging on a hook, & b.) on a windowledge.

Still - if you've made your mind up!

Edited by Skoda Al Coda
  • Like 1

it,s living in the Lower Calder Valley

Aha, another escapee! I too served a sentence in that dark and gloomy place.

Thanks, folks! I have just conducted the test experiment, stood in my study and pressed the button and watched the windows roll down. Fortunately, pressing the lock button rolled them up again, or I'd have had to go out into the frigid icy blast again. I never thought of that as a possibility. Ah, well - in the words of a contemporary prophet - d'oh!

As to living in the Calder Valley - we've actually enjoyed our time here more than we thought we would. But this summer I retire, so we're moving back up north to the Promised Land. I've been a Geordie missionary to Yorkshire for 15 years - time to go back to Northumberland.

Thanks,

Rev Tony B