Skoda Superb facelift official photos!

The new lights might fit in the old cutout - if you take a run at it.........

Even if they did physically fit in hole, the fixings might be different as well as the wiring loom/connector.

All Audi's have the DRL dim on the side the indicators go on. It is also a standard setting on your current car's software than can be activated via VCDS. I had had it on my Yeti, but because the DRL on a Yeti is so far from the indicators I felt it looked weird and reverted back to the normal settings. And unlike on an Audi with LED DRL lights mine was a solid ON and OFF and not the nice fade to (nearly) out as you get on an Audi.

So this is really not a difficult thing that is "technically more difficult" to do! Your current car can already do it! :giggle:

You misread my post, I was referring to the relative difficulty of integrating LED light pipes into the bars across the indicator lens rather than the more simple (and cheaper) method of inserting a row of LEDs along the bottom of the headlamp unit as seen on the Mk3 Octavia :wonder:

I am well aware of the duty cycling or switching off of DRLs with indicators (make/mode dependant), I did that 2 years ago on my 3T5 but turned it off as it was quite pointless and made my car look like British Leyland had wired it up.

Enabling my 1Z5's cornering fog lamps in 2008 also caused many odd looks and the occasional 'you've got a bulb out mate'.

You misread my post, I was referring to the relative difficulty of integrating LED light pipes into the bars across the indicator lens rather than the more simple (and cheaper) method of inserting a row of LEDs along the bottom of the headlamp unit as seen on the Mk3 Octavia :wonder:

Ah ok! Apologies I did indeed misread your post. :giggle:

AFAIK no engine changes so far.

The combination of 4x4 has changed, TDI140 BHP with manual and TDI170 BHP with DSG.

Stop Start has been added, and they say up to 19% improvement on emissions, but the power outputs are still 140 and 170bhp for the diesels, so it's still basically the same engine.

Based on that video and that particular car - going to say I don't like it.

Front end especially the bonnet doesn't work for me. Back is OK, but only OK.

Understand it has to fit into current corporate Skoda style - it works with the Octavia and Rapid but not here. Prefer the current curves.

Well not sure for current model MK2, however information from Skoda dealer is, that they probably won´t go in 3.6 VR6 based engine in future. I am also not sure if Skoda will be permitted to share all engines portfolio of concern. As not many people know, Skoda develops many things for concern, in this case small engines - 1.4TSI and 1.6TDI for concern use. However V6 TDI and TFSI is under development of AUDI and that engines are not for use out of AUDI. Even VW does not have full V6 engines in their offers.

Really depends what the powers in concern will be. The colors are not so bright for Seat recently and in marketing words the concern leaders need to make decisions where Skoda will be accepted to play the role.

Of course the Germans are too much surprised, they defined some technological and equipment barriers, what great success Skoda made and how finacially strong it became even it is more cheaper that other brands, that its too late to take Skoda down, but how to live with her beside german traditional brands.

K.

Does anyone know as to when this will on sale here in the UK? I'm due to replace my current car in Nov and was wondering if its replacement would the current version or the face lifted one?

Does anyone know as to when this will on sale here in the UK? I'm due to replace my current car in Nov and was wondering if its replacement would the current version or the face lifted one?

It would be the facelift. It goes into production at the end of May.

Gotta love the boot on the hatch. I would buy one tomorrow if everything aligned properly. The rear of my 59 model is UGLY. Not so keen on the front. The Superb was an amazing looking car from the front, almost aeroplane like but now I think it looks a lot cheaper and more blunt (just my untrained eye). But oh for that boot lid.

A friend says you only get to know your car when you wash it and I have been impressed with the curves of the current model. The changes are reasonable enough, but I'm not fully won over. A bit too angular for me and I don't like the sharp lines around the numberplate which started with the Rapid. Also I don't see it as a simple facelift, but more of a mid term 'new model' in the front and back design. I'm worried that it is sufficiently different to affect the residuals of my current model. I really like my car and the fact that it was different from the other models in the range, especially the Octavia. Now we have the same exterior features in three sizes Rapid, Octavia and Superb. I suspect there will be a loyal fan base for the styling of the 2010 model, especially the combo.

If I were changing now I'd think very carefully about a new Octavia 4x4 over a new Superb. Cheaper, not that much less room and now looking pretty much the same as a Superb. And if I were thinking of an Octavia, there are other estates at that size which deserve a second look.

Also not a fan of the new steering wheel look, but do like the neater DSG shiftstick

Edited by Ashmount
  • Like 1

If I were changing now I'd think very carefully about a new Octavia 4x4 over a new Superb. Cheaper, ....

You might want to check that. I priced up a new Octavia with spec comparable to my Superb Estate 170SE and I there wasn't a lot in it at list

You might want to check that. I priced up a new Octavia with spec comparable to my Superb Estate 170SE and I there wasn't a lot in it at list

This was true before the full model change, I came to the same conclusion back in 2010 when selecting the Superb Elegance Estate as a company car. But as a company car driver 'down-grading' ( :giggle:) to a fully loaded Octavia Combi V3 (which has grown is size) is compelling on the basis of tax liability alone. The swap will give me an effective increase in net salary of £1,500 / year.

In addition to the new engines (hence the drop in CO2 emissions) Octavia now has all the other MQB platform related improvements such as the new Amundsen/Columbus which you won't see on the Superb until 2015. By the time the Superb goes through a full model change it will appear quite dated.

Best regards