Pics of the 'Berb Facelift-precursor of the Yeti?

Freshacre

Skoda UK has just published on their facepuke page two photos of the FL Superb.

I feel faintly underwhelmed, and yet grateful that it isn't too much of a differentiator. I wonder if this VERY subtle set of changes is a harbinger of the Yet FL.......

And I DON'T like the chocolate brown steering wheel and interior colours - might get tempted to lick it whilst driving. Yuck.

Not for me I'm afraid, and I hope the poor Monster doesn't get the same IMHO cut and shut approach, to forcing the new corporate nose on a design not designed for it, if you get my drift.

TP

Skoda have really lost the plot. The rapid, the new Octavia and now the Superb all look the bloody same. Same car but bigger. Bravo Skoda for such imagination...! Go on, change the Yeti into this blandness.

• Like 1

Skoda have really lost the plot. The rapid, the new Octavia and now the Superb all look the bloody same. Same car but bigger. Bravo Skoda for such imagination...! Go on, change the Yeti into this blandness.

At least they're recognisable as Skodas.

3-4 years from now, (nearly) every Skoda will have an equivalent VW model, just slightly different specs & different badges.

Add a few??? more years & maybe we'll only have VAG cars?

Cherish your Yeti I tells ya, cherish it or be damned!

Edited by Skoda Al Coda

Given that they have changed the badge (which looks equally as bland as their new car designs) you need something to standout....trouble is, you don't know what car your looking at !!

Why do some Yeti owners what to change to the the new badge ?????? Dont get that one. Talk about destroying a classic.

• Like 2

3-4 years from now, (nearly) every Skoda will have an equivalent VW model, just slightly different specs & different badges.

Add a few??? more years & maybe we'll only have VAG cars?

Cherish your Yeti I tells ya, cherish it or be damned!

This trend smacks of the late sixties early seventies when I worked at a Rootes group dealership. We had the Hunter/Arrow range which consisted of a Singer version (a bit posh), a Hillman version (basic to nearly posh and the sporty GLS with twin side draught Webers!), Humber version (really posh with a wood dashboard and overdrive!) and Sunbeam with a fastback body(really,really sporty especially the H120!).The term then was badge engineering and BMC were the real masters of this. Lets hope VAG don't go down this retro path!

The "new" badge is not new at all but pre-war. I think it will suit my black L&K which has silver as it's only highlight. I quite like the green but it doesn't really chime with any overall look.

Should actually be a blue winged arrow but vag changed it to green to look eco friendly and yes sad to see the old badge go, thought it looked quite smart when it first appeared on the Felicia after the 'painted' silver on black affair on the Favorit. Full circle then bar plastic chrome plating :S

skoda_history.jpg

Oh strangest place I've come across the winged arrow is on the crankcase of a Daimler Benz DB601 aero engine fitted to a Messerschmitt BF109 G (now residing in Hendon museum).

TP

Edited by The Plumber
  • Like 3

This trend smacks of the late sixties early seventies when I worked at a Rootes group dealership. We had the Hunter/Arrow range which consisted of a Singer version (a bit posh), a Hillman version (basic to nearly posh and the sporty GLS with twin side draught Webers!), Humber version (really posh with a wood dashboard and overdrive!) and Sunbeam with a fastback body(really,really sporty especially the H120!).The term then was badge engineering and BMC were the real masters of this. Lets hope VAG don't go down this retro path!

Humber version? Sceptre - correct? I had one - great car. Had quaint little transluscent covers that you could pull down over the turn indicator illuminated dash lights (left & right) at night, to stop the dazzle. Same engine as the GLS if I remember correctly (twin webers).

The "new" badge is not new at all but pre-war. I think it will suit my black L&K which has silver as it's only highlight. I quite like the green but it doesn't really chime with any overall look.

Keep the badge that came with the car. Blimey, if I had an 'E-Type Jag' I would not change the badge to a more modern version of 'Jaguar' or stick an older version on it for that matter.. Some plastic sticker(or whatever it is) to cover the original is a bit tack for me. Sorry.

Keep the badge that came with the car. Blimey, if I had an 'E-Type Jag' I would not change the badge to a more modern version of 'Jaguar' or stick an older version on it for that matter.. Some plastic sticker(or whatever it is) to cover the original is a bit tack for me. Sorry.

Now now - you can't compare a Yeti to an E-Type. I agree that on a classic car, you should and must keep everything original. Like JCP, I have changed all my badges apart from the rear to the new design - not plastic sticky items, but OE Skoda ones because I prefer them to the green ones. But, everyone has a choice remember.

Should actually be a blue winged arrow but vag changed it to green to look eco friendly and yes sad to see the old badge go, thought it looked quite smart when it first appeared on the Felicia after the 'painted' silver on black affair on the Favorit. Full circle then bar plastic chrome plating :S

skoda_history.jpg

Oh strangest place I've come across the winged arrow is on the crankcase of a Daimler Benz DB601 aero engine fitted to a Messerschmitt BF109 G (now residing in Hendon museum).

TP

I like the gold one with "skoda" written in the middle....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Now now - you can't compare a Yeti to an E-Type. I agree that on a classic car, you should and must keep everything original. Like JCP, I have changed all my badges apart from the rear to the new design - not plastic sticky items, but OE Skoda ones because I prefer them to the green ones. But, everyone has a choice remember.

Only joking :blush: ........anyway the Yeti is far better than E-type.

Humber version? Sceptre - correct? I had one - great car. Had quaint little transluscent covers that you could pull down over the turn indicator illuminated dash lights (left & right) at night, to stop the dazzle. Same engine as the GLS if I remember correctly (twin webers).

Yep, Sceptre was the Humber version, had the same front end (twin headlights) as the GLS but only had the 1725cc engine with twin 150 Strombergs. As far as I can remember only the Rapier H120 and Hunter GLS had the 1725 engine with the twin side draught Webers. I had the distinction of being the only one who could set the ruddy things up which was a bit of an art at the time!

Mind you, when they were on tune the H120 and GLS went like pongy stuff off a highly polished shovel but got a little constipation relieving when attempting to corner in anything approaching a brisk manner :whew:

• Like 2

Back on topic . . . . .

The hatch rear now looks less lardy and more Audi-esq (particularly the lights).

As for the front, personally I quite like the new corporate end.