A bit about ICE, security and me!

Hi guys,

I have been heavily into car audio for 22 years now. I've run a stereo shop and auto electrical work shop and although I've been out of the trade for 2 years now I know a bit! Lol!

If there is anything you want to know please ask.

Although there is plenty of people on here who obviously know they're stuff I have read a few posts where weekend warriors are making suggestions which aren't good and some of them are fire hazards and dangerous!

I'm not saying this to put any noses out of joint or big myself up, I'm saying it because I want to help, because I love I.C.E. and well I'm just a nice guy :-0

Rule 1 is if you spend a £1000 on ICE equipment it's gonna cost you the thick end of £100 or more to connect it up properly. Don't expect to wire it up with a bit of bell cable and get show stopping sound. 50p of cable = 50p of quality!

I'm not going to bang on for ever, which I could quite easily do but I'm here please use me!

Nice to see there's more than just 2 (me and thejoose) audio enthusiasts on here lol

With the cost of metals these days £100 would be cheap to wire up a full install if you include everything imo.

As above though, there are audio enthusiasts on here and we are more than happy to help :)

I'm also a big car audio enthusiast,I'm always over on talk audio forum,just purchased a nice dls a6 to run my sub,been on the look out for a while for one.im currently running active off an old school off an alpine mrv-f545,controlled from a pioneer deh-80prs.

I'm also a bit of an audio guy. Been around it for 13+ years.

Only just got my Octavia vRS but will be looking to put in my Focal / Audison stuff along with building another custom enclosure for my H2. Only problem being 4 month old twins taking up all my time!

Maybe this should be a thread for all the enthusiasts to come out of the woodwork lol

Now you say that chap I recognise your avatar from TA, I use the same one as I use on here

I will have a look out for you on talk audio.

You can add me to the list - though the vRS is standard fit ICE at the moment. I'm hoping to run a simpler system than my last car and have a passive setup with a bit of EQ run from the Factory Columbus.

My A3 had a two way Active setup with an Alpine DVA-9861Ri linked Optically and AI-Net to a PXA-H701 (with the RUC in the glovebox) L1Pro tweeters and Focal 6" Mids.

• 3 weeks later...

Is a basshead the same as a enthusiast ?

I'd say a bass-head listens to systems while an enthusiast listens to music.

I listen to music!

• 2 weeks later...

For all the tech guys.i have a 2009 skoda fabia greenline.i didnt like the standard stereo so replaced it with a newer swing model from an elegance..i have two problems with it. Firstly it wont turn off with the ignition which i presume is to do with thw can bus system. Secondly the radio sometimes turns itself off but will turn straight on again.

I thought both being skoda stereos it would be a case of plug and play

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a new Fabia owner and I was immediately unhappy with the sound of my Amundsen+ so the dealer swapped it for a Kenwood DNX521DAB for free but I was still not happy with the harsh distorted upper mids. I got an installer to fit Rainbow components and an amp but still not much better so here's what I'm thinking of doing. Any advice welcome!

Replace my Rainbow DreamLine CL 6.2 components with either the Audison Voce AV K6 set, or this set from JBL which gets excellent reviews:-

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/index.php/index.html/_/reviews/speakers/jbl-ms62c-two-way-component-speakers-r1172

As I'm unable to hear each set beforehand, has anyone compared or listened to them? I'm looking for a smooth distortion-free treble which I do not currently get with the Rainbows. I'm also thinking of adding this sub in the boot:-

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/index.php/index.html/_/reviews/subwoofers/alpine-swe-815-active-subwoofer-with-wired-remo-r1381

Is there anyone in the Wolverhampton area willing to advise or even fit for me? Thanks!