Octavia Vrs

Hi All

This has probably been posted somewhere already but ive just come back on to the forums and couldnt find it with a quick search but has anyone seen this picture.. I know its probably someones normal Octavia made to look like a Vrs but i think it looks great... whats your thoughts

skoda_rapid_rs_by_marko0811-d5ju9nl.jpg

http://www.briskoda....skoda-see-this/

Page 2 half way down.

Octavia has a gap of bumper between the grill and the lights, this does not and is a Rapid.

Spray it yellow and it will look like Richards when his is done :rock:

N.B. Also doesn't have the 'kick up' on the rear door.

Am really liking the exhaust setup. Combine that with the low profile spoiler and those black alloys..add in a little race blue and that's one quality car.

Also - I can't get over how much better the car looks with lowered suspension!

Edited by foregonereality

Am really liking the exhaust setup.

I can't even see the exhaust in that picture, never mind how it's arranged or set-up?

The car looks absolutely awful if that really is a vRS, even taking into account any extra bits that might be on it to try and 'camouflage' the true appearance.

I dont doubt that the vRS will be a great car, im just concerned its pricing might let it down.

28k buys you a MK7 GTi 5 door manual with the performance pack and the low end nav; one of these with a decent level of discount could be very tempting if were looking at 25/26k for an equivalent spec vRS with none of the Golfs performance pack bits. 28k sounds like a lot of money but thats buying you a car that would have cost over 30k as a MK6 as it comes with LOTS of standard kit inc Bluetooth, DAB, light assistant, ACC, folding mirrors, front and rear PDC and bi-xenons. Its actually much better value than the MK6.

I just really hope Skoda load the vRS with spec, are sensible about its list price and offer some decent discounts not too far down the line just have a feeling that rather than offering more value they'll be offering less

Edited by pipsyp

I know what you mean re. pricing and hopefully the vRS will have a decent spec as standard. However, it wouldn't matter how cheap the golf was or how well equipped it was it wouldn't be an alternative for me because it just ain't big enough!

Sarge.

• Like 1

I dont doubt that the vRS will be a great car, im just concerned its pricing might let it down.

28k buys you a MK7 GTi 5 door manual with the performance pack and the low end nav; one of these with a decent level of discount could be very tempting if were looking at 25/26k for an equivalent spec vRS with none of the Golfs performance pack bits. 28k sounds like a lot of money but thats buying you a car that would have cost over 30k as a MK6 as it comes with LOTS of standard kit inc Bluetooth, DAB, light assistant, ACC, folding mirrors, front and rear PDC and bi-xenons. Its actually much better value than the MK6.

I just really hope Skoda load the vRS with spec, are sensible about its list price and offer some decent discounts not too far down the line just have a feeling that rather than offering more value they'll be offering less

Doesn't 30k get an Audi S3 (296hp) or a M135i (320hp).

http://www.autoexpre...oda-octavia-vrs

Latest spy pictures show the Skoda Octavia vRS undergoing final tweaks ahead of its July debut

The Skoda Octavia vRS is set to be unveiled at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on 11 July, but there’s still some last-minute tweaking to be done, as engineers continue to thrash prototypes around the Nurburgring.

There’s still a bit of light disguise on these models, but you can still see the more aggressive bodykit, larger alloys and subtle rear spoiler. Skoda has previously said that the new vRS will be "longer, wider and lighter than its predecessor", as well as becoming "the fastest road-going Octavia yet".

We’re expecting the Octavia vRS to use the same 217bhp 2.0-litre engine as the latest Golf GTI, giving it an extra 20bhp over its predecessor. Skoda has confirmed that a diesel vRS will also be available, which will most likely be powered by the 2.0-litre diesel from the Golf GTD, producing 181bhp.

There’s no word on its price just yet, but we expect the Octavia vRS to go on sale shortly after its July unveiling from around £21,000.

skoda-octavia-vrs-front.jpg

skoda-octavia-vrs-front-three-quarter.jpg

skoda-octavia-vrs-profile.jpg

skoda-octavia-vrs-rear-three-quarter.jpg

skoda-octavia-vrs-rear.jpg

More here: http://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/skoda-octavia-vrs-spied-nurburgring

Edited by Ultima
  • Like 1

I like it, very much. Still not hopeful about the pricing being realistic, though.

Same here. The front is very well disguised though what with the fake fogs, black tape etc

Doesn't 30k get an Audi S3 (296hp) or a M135i (320hp).

The Golf isnt cheap but you get a proper LSD and to spec the BM to a similar sort of level youre looking at nearer 35k maybe more. V few people would buy a base spec m135i as its standard spec isnt anything really to write home about. Dont know about the new S3.

Edited by pipsyp

I'm guessing people realise this is just a test mule and is out there testing the drivetrain and suspension setup. It won't look like that when it hits production! :)

• Like 4

I'm guessing people realise this is just a test mule and is out there testing the drivetrain and suspension setup. It won't look like that when it hits production! :)

Heres to hoping, however how much is disguise. The curved rear spoiler just doesn't fit the angularity of the rest of the car, hoping that gets binned. Wonder if the twin output exhaust/black bit at the rear is also a fake. The black strips front and rear don't look right either. Also the colour is rubbish. Wheels also look terrible in black with a silver car.

Be interesting to see the finished version. :)

I think the new one will look great, most people will have seen the configurator photos by now and its obvious its the finished article; Skoda "accidentally" put real pics of the pre FL MK2 on the web way before its launch, its all a ploy to gauge public opinion.

Providing the standars spec is great like it is on a Golf GTi and it continues to undercut the Golf by 3-5k as it has done up until now it will fly off the production line.

Yeti Man........dont you have the mad K04 330hp 1.8 TSi Yeti??