Buying a CRD-T tuning box from DTUK

Hi Andrew/Stuart,

thanks for the extra information on the phone.  When I opened the box it was actually set to 2;0 so I have adjusted to 2;2.  I am still testing it out but initially there does seem a bit more grunt compared to 2;0 so I am going to see how this goes for a while.  I must say I am really enjoying the experience of the extra power and as many people have said my Scout now feels like a different car.  My commute is very hilly so the extra torque when I put my foot down is very noticeable. 

Thanks again.

thats what we like to hear :)

any problems or questions, you have my number.

• 3 weeks later...

As were celebrating our 8th Birthday in december we've created a limited run of 100 Black Edition CRD-T's,  the differences are purely cosmetic so offer no benefits over the normal CRD-T module other than looking a little different.

1470225_10151742576760756_1128574863_n.j

I personally think the black casings look a lot smarter than the usual grey, but again thats just my personal opinion.

These are available to order now, and the usual Briskoda discounts apply.

Well I've just read this from the op to the end. Very interesting. What did people say to their insurance companies and how much extra has your premium gone up?

Before you speak to your insurers give us a call as we have something up our sleeve to keep any increases to a minimum

Before you speak to your insurers give us a call as we have something up our sleeve to keep any increases to a minimum

Interesting

Most insurers base increases on %age power gains, so I'd have thought the only way to limit increases would involve being 'economical with the truth'

I know that some insureance companies don't charge you anything extra if the tuning box is designed to improve your economy rather than give you more power (even tho the eco boxes give you more power anyway). I remember reading this stipulation in my admiral policy about 3 years ago so I don't know if they still do it.

I know that some insureance companies don't charge you anything extra if the tuning box is designed to improve your economy rather than give you more power (even tho the eco boxes give you more power anyway). I remember reading this stipulation in my admiral policy about 3 years ago so I don't know if they still do it.

That's why we offer our Green Eco 3 and CRDe fuel saving systems ;)

Yes

I do things properly if I'm going to do them

That's great to know, as I wouldn't expect anything less from someone like yourself who lives in a perfect world..

The rest of us unfortunately live in a place called reality

Nice to see that I'm not the only one living in the real world :)

Well as long as its sold as an eco box then there is no question about the legality of it then. What sofeware goes into it is your decision and if the performance maps are same as the eco maps then so be it.

Hi Folks

Can some please have a wee look at this box and tell me what setting this is I think it is 2+2 but not sure and I'm now confusing myself .

I bought the box from a member so don't think it's factory setting .

I'm going to fit it with this map post-10772-13864208919591_thumb.jpg

Thanks

Regards whoosh

That's great to know, as I wouldn't expect anything less from someone like yourself who lives in a perfect world..

The rest of us unfortunately live in a place called reality

Sarcasm...........a wonderful ingredient of business acumen ;)

Hi Folks

Can some please have a wee look at this box and tell me what setting this is I think it is 2+2 but not sure and I'm now confusing myself .

I bought the box from a member so don't think it's factory setting .

I'm going to fit it with this map {style_image_url}/attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByTapatalk1386420888.651003.jpg

Thanks

Regards whoosh

It's 2 plus 2

I would suggest going to zero first then move up in stages :)

I was considering buying a used CRD-T system. For the price I was offered it at how could I refuse. However upon contacting my current insurer, they said they would not insure me if I modified they car. So I decided to get a quote off one of the forum sponsor insurers. Chris Knott Insurance (Many thanks Martin) knew exactly what the box was and what it did, unlike my old insurer. The increase in premium was only just over £40 over the year. I was also able to declare some other mods at the same time which I plan to do in the future (i.e. RARB, Powder coating of wheels). Insurance now swapped. I have just fitted my used system and all I can say is wow, this is how the car should have been from the factory. Coupled with the DSG box the car is a pleasure to drive. A big thanks to Andrew and DTUK couldn't have been any more helpful even though he knew I was buying a second hand system. I am running 2+2 straight from the outset as this seems to be the sweet spot from the forum reviews and I have no plans to mess with it.

:happy: 

I was considering buying a used CRD-T system. For the price I was offered it at how could I refuse. However upon contacting my current insurer, they said they would not insure me if I modified they car. So I decided to get a quote off one of the forum sponsor insurers. Chris Knott Insurance (Many thanks Martin) knew exactly what the box was and what it did, unlike my old insurer. The increase in premium was only just over £40 over the year. I was also able to declare some other mods at the same time which I plan to do in the future (i.e. RARB, Powder coating of wheels). Insurance now swapped. I have just fitted my used system and all I can say is wow, this is how the car should have been from the factory. Coupled with the DSG box the car is a pleasure to drive. A big thanks to Andrew and DTUK couldn't have been any more helpful even though he knew I was buying a second hand system. I am running 2+2 straight from the outset as this seems to be the sweet spot from the forum reviews and I have no plans to mess with it.

:happy:

Glad you got it sorted ;)

After debating for some time if I should get a remap or tuning box. I've finally weighed in the pros and cons of both and decided a tuning box would suit me better. A couple of emails to Andrew and a nice Briskoda discount code later and I have a CRD-T box on order.

I have a que of friends looking for a test drive and feedback once its fitted as I'm sure there is on here so I will report back once it's fitted!

Hi I just thought I would update you all as I have now had my box fitted for a little while. All I can say is wow. This is how the car should have been from the factory. If you are debating about buying one or not all I can say is take the plunge. I bought a second hand one and Andrew at DTUK still gave me help, so I can safely say that if you were to encounter a problem DTUK customer services is second to none. As for the box its self I am running 2 + 2 and have been straight from the outset, I also have the DSG gearbox. The car changes gear less because it is able to hang onto the gears more due to the extra torque. 

• Like 1