Fully loaded fuel consumption (with trailer and kayak)

• 3 weeks later...

Well as I said in the above post we'll know in a month what will happen to the fuel consumption with one extra person (four in total), two more tents, lots more gear and three mountain bikes on the roof. Add to that torrential rain and wind going out of London on Friday morning and high winds coming back yesterday and the result is:

943281_10151364496036324_1471644594_n.jpg

296167_10151364443126324_1398519251_n.jpg

But more importanly we had TWO days of sunshine in North Wales. What a peculiar experience that was. Only to have the heavens open as we were packing the (now very wet) tents away. Such is life camping in Wales. :rofl:

• Like 3

Sounds great Johann, considering the load on the engine. :) And what a good weekend to have been away camping! :sun:

I however dont believe for one second that you visited Wales and it wasnt constant wind and rain! :happy: Im off there for seven days in two weeks time again and on every previous trip its done nothing but give me rain - usually sideways carried by circa 40mph winds!! :rofl:

With pleasure comes pain (normally). So the rain didn't bother me (too much).

And yes I guess 31 mpg is not the end of the world, all things considered. It felt noticeably more sluggish with all that extra weight but still overtook with gusto and kept up a good rate of knots (a rate I won't quote here :giggle: , which also has a bearing on the final average fuel consumption... North Wales to London in 4:37 (actual driving time excluding breaks) and average speed of 52,1 mph).

Looks like you had a good trip, Johann.

And I can confiirm that Saturday and Sunday was very warm and sunny here in Mid Wales. It was bloody freezing yesterday though!