A complete P155 take!

Where is the logic in this then? My son asked for a quote today from Adrian Flux, he has just passed his test and is looking at buying a cheap (£600) Seat Arosa, on recommendation he called AF for a young driver quote, this is what he got;

af-car-insurance-quote.gif8.jpg

Reference: *********************

Dear Liam,

Thank you for requesting a car insurance quote.

You're now just one step away from a fantastic deal with Adrian Flux and we are delighted to offer you our highly competitive rate as shown.

To proceed with this quotation, please call us on the freephone 0800 081 0448 or use our callback facility and one of our experienced underwriters will contact you.

Please take a moment to read through the attached file and understand our policy terms and conditions.

Yours sincerely

Adrian Flux Insurance Services

ANNUAL PREMIUM

£8,136.44

Selected additional policies

see attached PDF for details

£0

Total Payable: £8,136.44

button-callback.jpgphone-08000818989.jpg

household.gif

A mere snip at over £8K

the best quote we got was off DirectLine at £2880, so the driving will have to wait for a while.

How can the quotes differ so greatly?

That's unbelievable.

I love how they have the cheek to say

You're now just one step away from a fantastic deal with Adrian Flux and we are

delighted to offer you our highly competitive rate as shown.

What planet are they on where over 8 grand to insure a 600 banger is either a fantastic

deal or highly competitive??? The mind boggles.

• Like 4

I had a quote that high from them for my first car too (Astra). I wouldn't go black box because I don't like being monitored. At the time I went Directline for £1600 TPFT but that was a long time ago.

I had a quote that high from them for my first car too (Astra). I wouldn't go black box because I don't like being monitored. At the time I went Directline for £1600 TPFT but that was a long time ago.

That's £1000 more now lol

it really is unbelievable, I have had an email since asking for me to comment on my Adrian Flux experience today, of course I have obliged.

Needless to say, our search is now going on for the perfect, car for a cheap cheap insurance quote or closer to £2K at least :sweat:

AF are in business to make money, if some mug wants to accept their quote without shopping around what's the problem?

When I sell something I always try and get the best price possible and when I buy something the lowest price possible for the product I want

Regards all

Juan

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs

Edited by Its me

I understand AF have to make money and the quotes change on a monthly basis etc BUT what really gets my goat is how two companies quoting on the exact same scenario can be nearly £5K different.

I think there needs to be regulation and some standardisation across the whole industry so as the system they use is a bit more transparent and bring quotes/prices more in line with other providers. It will never happen though and we will spend the same number of hours or days every year hunting for the best deal!

I insure our VRS for £239 a year for me and the Wife to drive, we asked if my lad could be added to this policy....... quote was £18,000 :wonder:

Different companies have a diffident perception of risk and how they will "profit" from that risk - after all that is why they are in business. AF are obviously more adverse to young drivers that some other companies therefore set premium at a level that say "we don't really want to cover you but is you insist this is what it will cost"

You will probably find that they are very competitive for some other areas of the risk spectrum. Another example of this is old drivers. My Father in law's premiumrenewal quote went up £1200 when he reached 85, but got it back down when he changed company

• Like 1

I went for a quote from Adrian Flux on the Disco I owned, with discount from the Disco owners club their quote was 2.5 times what I was paying Hastings.

I reckon the premium on my Superb is about £225 (insured part way through year & refund received from original policy). We took the frre7 day insurance from Skoda when we collected the car, they offered to quote me for a policy, same car, same drivers, same mileage over £900!!!!!

It's a lottery whatever age you are.

we keep wondering, as we're panning a family soon, what will happen in 18 or so years time when our child starts driving, what the hell we'll be paying to insure him/her...?!

think we should have started saving 10 years ago for car insurance and University....!

Al

Hooray, we have found a quote for £1300!!!!! :party: BUT I have to buy a brand new Citigo for £9,000 to get that :wall: If you buy the cheapest Citigo the insurance goes up as it doesn't have esp and all that.

Talk about catch 22, we have decided to stop looking for a while, he will be going to Uni and therefore any car will stand for most of the time anyway.

A guy at work just passed his test. Bought himself a 59 plate fiesta titanium with 9k on the clock. His insurance is 1100. 1.2 Eco boost engine too.

Buy a fiestie seems to be the answer lol

Update, we have spoken to many many insurance companies and my faith has been restored by Nationwide building society of all people, AF quoted £8K+ Nationwide for the same car £1600 for same cover and with extras like legal cover and the like.

SO, this begs the question how can a regulated industry be so different?

My nephew was quoted £36,000 on his 1.2 Punto recently. With two about to hit the road in their own cars the cheapest I can insure my eldest on her 1.05 Polo is £1180- fully comp. If I opt for tpff it goes UP to £3000. The car is worth next to nothing and packs a massive 40bhp and i'm stumped as to how it can cost so much. I'm unwilling to place one of those black box things on it as to my mind it is merely prelude to charge by the mile driving.

Insurance is like banking, regulated in nothing more substantial than words. Insurance companies put yearly record profits at the forefront of everything they do- if their business is such strife and their costs so abhorrent i'm certain they wouldn't still be in the game! With the law prescribing a policy for every vehicle, they have us over a barrel. I've noticed that despite full no claims and having not had to cause payout by an insurance company in 15 years policies on two of my vehicles have gone up this year.

• Like 1

We have gone with Nationwide, policy and car registered in my name as I will drive it because it is quite nippy, we have told the insurance that my son will be the main driver and cover si straight third party F&T, excess is standard £250.

All paid and he is out and about, we have a lesson on brakes on Saturday as new pads and discs along with drums and shoes will be fitted.

This seems to have been the sort of situation that has been going for at least the last 15 years. Most insurance companies have a target client base, if you don't fit that they give you a stupid quote to make you go away. That way they can say they haven't turned you down.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2