Byeee

calmac

If you look through my history you'll see some comments about dependability.....being left in limp mode on roundabouts and on the A19. Basically down to two major faults...turbo shim needed and problem with cylinder/coil. However though nothing said to be wrong with it car sounds like a diesel on first start up,really really rough. Definitely not right and now coming up to 3 years old. Definitely going to cost money so I want rid.

I start again with a Nissan 3 year warranty and hope for the best. Loved the Yeti for about 2 years but lost confidence after that. On the plus side the trade in offer was astonishing so little has been lost.

I'm sorry to hear that your recent Yeti experience hasn't been great, I hope you have better luck with the Qashqai, I would have got one if it wasn't for stupid local dealers. It's a nice car, although I wouldn't change my Yeti now. Although some features on the Qashqai I wish I had (ability to set max speed, on steering wheel cruise buttons and all those cameras with shiney screen!)

Which engine have you gone for? best of luck

Is it that easy for you to just say bye and leave?

I wouldnt be surprised if we hear from you soon saying you regret ridding yourself of your Yeti.

After smacking my head on the boot of a Quashqui I went off them. :)

I would have the Qq in the frame for my CR170 Yeti replacement and happy to consider it in principle, but (i) to my eye it just looks clumsy and ill-proportioned - the original jacked-up hatchback; (ii) no powerful engines available AFAICS; and (iii) no DSG, which is the only auto option I'd prefer to consider (absolutely not CVT and a conventional auto needs a pretty powerful engine to be effortless, though they are getting better I believe).

Edited by prodata
  • Like 1

Is it that easy for you to just say bye and leave?

I wouldnt be surprised if we hear from you soon saying you regret ridding yourself of your Yeti.

Not really likely to happen. There are superb aspects to the Yeti and for 2 years I would accept it as the best car I'd ever owned. Then my luck changed and I couldn't depend on it. I can't regret getting rid of a car that latterly couldn't be trusted.

Not really likely to happen. There are superb aspects to the Yeti and for 2 years I would accept it as the best car I'd ever owned. Then my luck changed and I couldn't depend on it. I can't regret getting rid of a car that latterly couldn't be trusted.

I respect that.

Please come in every now and again and tell us about your new Nissan Q and how it compares to the Yeti.

there is a 150ps 4x4 Automatic (6 speed).

But that engine is 'only' 150PS/110kW and gives a quoted 0-62 of 11.0 secs!! I'm not too fixated on 0-60 as a performance measure but it does give a useful idea of available power. And I'm tempted to say that there's only one word for an 11sec 0-60 - pathetic! I'm guessing the auto is a slushmatic and will also give highish CO2 and poor MPG.

I couldn't be persuaded to swap my CR170 Yeti for that I'm afraid.

Edited by prodata

Quoted is not always actual.

And if you are going by figures on things like co2, no point guessing just check the Quoted.

Never much point talking about how gearboxes perform without actually going and trying them.

There is a 181bhp Kia Sportage if Power is important.

(158 co2 compared to the 155 for your 170ps, but 189 for the automatic.)

& quoted 0-60 9.4 in the manual.

383Nm @ 1800-2500rpm Manual, & 392Nm 6 Speed Auto

Strange where someone is not fixated on 0-60, but seems to think it matters.

Can i ask what you do with all the 1 or 2 seconds you save each time you get when achieving 62 mph quicker?

Do you often do it in 8.4 seconds in your car?

Do you Tow, and give thoughts to the capacities & capabilities for that and is it important?

george

Quoted is not always actual.

Sure, but it's the only generally-available guide you've got.

There is a 181bhp Kia Sportage if Power is important.

But it's an odd beast and I'd be much more likely to look at a Tiguan or Q3 where higher-power petrol engines definitely are available AND in combination with DSG.

Strange where someone is not fixated on 0-60, but seems to think it matters.

OK, let me just clarify: Any 0-60 figure can be out by 0.5-1.0 secs, so I agree that there's absolutely no point in trying to argue the toss about differences in 0-60 of eg 0.2 or 0.3sec. And in practice, the 40-70 time is more relevant in everyday use, but you'll never easily find such a figure and the 0-60 is the only available surrogate.

Why do I want it? Probably most important is that I just do - just adds a touch of enjoyment to everyday motoring.

But also in these parts where the roads are typically busy, often with HGV and agricultural traffic, but dual carriageways are scarce to non-existent, good acceleration is desirable to overtake quickly and safely in the limited number of places where it's possible to do so.

Very few people ever drive using maximum 0-60 acceleration and most journeys employ not much more than 2CV performance.

Some of us like to get a shift on now and again-otherwise we'd just buy very slow vehicles-George why do you describe your car as

"

mainly from manufacturers starting with S or K"

I like to get a shift on as well sometimes.

But i usually overtake from around 30-70, maybe @ 50 mph - 80 plus.

Slip road joining into fast traffic, maybe 50-60 mph accelerating.

0-30/40/50 is often only for traffic light grand prix and that can be a waste of time when you need to stop again quickly as you just reach the car in front quicker and wait longer until the next wee blast.

(my cars include a Kia Picanto with a quoted 0-60 of something like 14 seconds,

or a Jimny @ 17 seconds,

but they actually do 0-40 amazingly quickly if needs must.)

Described as from manufacturers starting from S or K because they usually are.

Sometimes there are ones from other manufacturers not starting S or K, but not that often.

george

From a standstill the fastest away is seldom the quickest car but the driver who reacts swiftly to opportunity and anticipates and observes well.

I have had slow cars original minis which just were slow and Fiat 126 for a time when I needed to slow down.Usually not left behind!!

After smacking my head on the boot of a Quashqui I went off them. :)

Seems if you are fairly tall the have designed the tailgate to give you a nice whack on the forehead, as the whole real panel is angled.

I did exactly the same thing the first time I open the boot on a QQ

The next QQ will look totally different to this one and is out in less than a year and it will look something like this concept:

2014-Nissan-Qashqai.jpg

6959492179_ca40b66041_b.jpg

Nissan-Hi-Cross-5.jpg

Sad that you got a one in a million defective Yeti... But now you have a one in-a-million-and-they-are-everywhere car instead! :rofl: Enjoy.