XBOX One or PS4?

Will be exactly the same as this generation, marginal difference in graphics that the majority of people wont notice. :giggle:

Though I will be disappointed/underwhelmed if both consoles cant "easily" push out 60fps at 1080p.

Just seen Amazon website. LOL. £599 for consoles and £89.99 for games.

Sony and Microsoft have obvioulsy decided that they both dont want to sell any games from now on then.

This cant be true otherwise its a goodbye from me and hello gaming PC. This is the last thing i want to do but at £89.99 they can forget it.

Im kinda hoping this is just total speculation an amazons part but why on earth would they do this??

Madness.

Edited by Jockdooshbag

They have to put *a* price on there, but don't want to risk advertising it at too low a figure and then having to sell consoles at a loss. Until MS and Sony release pricing information they are obviously being very cautious.

My guesstimate is £399 for the consoles and £45 to £50 for new top tier games.

They have to put *a* price on there, but don't want to risk advertising it at too low a figure and then having to sell consoles at a loss. Until MS and Sony release pricing information they are obviously being very cautious.

My guesstimate is £399 for the consoles and £45 to £50 for new top tier games.

Yea apharantly zavvi have the games at a more "normal" price. Phew, was panicking for a moment.

Deveopers must be well on with making stuff for these new consoles so you would think we will know more soon about back to back direct comparisons between these two consoles. I would think that despite any real technical advantage that one console may have over the other would be irrelevant as surely games will be made equally for them both otherwise it means making two seperate versions of the same game?? or is this not the case??

If one console is more powerfull then an exclusive title may take advantage of that console full potential but surely it makes more financial sense to make games for each console hence why im assuming the games will be identical as they will just write the game to work on the lowest specced machine and then port it to the other machine.

Edited by Jockdooshbag

Zavvi have got the XBox One marked as £399.99 and Game are showing as TBC

I don't think any pricing has been announced yet, so it's all just guessing but i would imagine the Zavvi price would be the closest going by the prices when the 360 and PS3 were released.

Yea apharantly zavvi have the games at a more "normal" price. Phew, was panicking for a moment.

Deveopers must be well on with making stuff for these new consoles so you would think we will know more soon about back to back direct comparisons between these two consoles. I would think that despite any real technical advantage that one console may have over the other would be irrelevant as surely games will be made equally for them both otherwise it means making two seperate versions of the same game?? or is this not the case??

If one console is more powerfull then an exclusive title may take advantage of that console full potential but surely it makes more financial sense to make games for each console hence why im assuming the games will be identical as they will just write the game to work on the lowest specced machine and then port it to the other machine.

Given how close the architecture of the two machines are, it's not like making two separate versions as we have on the current gen.

It's more similar to making one version of a game that will run on different spec PCs, with some variations in graphics options and frame rate.

£429

Not far off £500 with a game and extra controller. :giggle:

I thought it looked pretty impressive watching the presentation earlier, almost PC quality.

Still not sure on the always on Kinect or the second hand stuff.

Edited by Chronicbint

PS4 gets my money. Decent price, more focussed on gaming which is all I want. Used games are fine, Plus carries over as will gamertags. Looks good and will fit next to my ps3 nicely.

Hard drive is still upgradeable too. Comes with 500GB but I'll be buying the biggest one I can find so it's sorted from day one. Playstation Plus carries over which is good as I renewed not long ago. People are having a moan you have to buy Plus to play online. But Plus is a bargain compared to even the current Xbox Live. You get so many free games every week it's paid for quite quickly. Microsoft have shot themselves in the foot with all it's restrictions. I've had all the Playstation consoles but was more than happy to consider what Xbox was offering but the PS4 does more for less.

• Like 1

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/comment/plugged-in/playstation-4--up-close-with-sony-s-next-gen-games-055233085.html#xzPl4cH

There was question before, which one to go for, ther isn't any more! PS4 all the way, there is nothing XBOX does either better or cheaper, quite the contrary!

Yay, that will be the first ever games console I buy - PC man through and through! Just upgrade to i7 and GTX Ti660 and F1 2012 looks like a race footage at all settings maxed out :)

Game Set and Match Sony! Que the Massive embarasing 'U'turn from Microsoft similar to the re-emergence of the taskbar/start button in Windows 8.1

I would have loved to hear the 'behind closed doors' discussions between the marketing management and the software devs in that meeting. :wall::rofl:

Some one should call bill gates and play rage against the machine 'killing in the name' down the phone at him "Fu$k you bill i wont do what you tell me"

That said being a tech nerd ill probably still buy one lol

Poor question tbh, Betamax was superior to VHS, HD DVD was superior to BR and PC's are years ahead of consoles, it's not about the hardware spec and never has been. It's down to the closed system that developers can optimize code for that hardware.

As to what I'll buy, I won't. The previous gen consoles proved to me how little I game now, it's just not something I'll spend that kind of money on. If I were going to then clearly Sony has had this handed to them by MS. As to the Bill Gates comment he has virtually nothing to do with MS and even less to do with the gaming side from what I understand.