XBOX One or PS4?

Rumours going around that in GT6's course creator you may be able to upload GPS data of drives to make tracks. Not sure if it will be for GT6 or they'll hold it back for GT7 on PS4 but sounds fantastic if they can pull it off. Imagine driving your favourite road then driving it virtually in any car. 

• Like 1

Im probably going to stick to PC for the forseeable... PC gamers are the real winners here :-D

In other news, ive managed to blag a ticket for the Xbox experience - basically 5 hours playing xbox one games a week before the consoles release :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well i did the xboxonetour thing last night and had a play of some of the launch games:

COD

BF4

FORZA5

Dead rising 3

Killer instinct 

Ryse.

And.... i left disspointed!

Now to give a bit of context - i am a PC gamer, so "next gen graphics" mean nothing to me - there was nothing that really stood out to me.

The highlight for me was the new controller - it just feels better than the 360 one, as well as being just as familiar.. - it has rumble motors in the triggers, which are amazing for forza - giving greater feedback, so you know exactly at what braking point the ABS gets triggered etc.

TBH from everything ive seen so far of both consoles, the only game that has piqued my interest and actually looks to do the next gen consoles justice is Resogun on the PS4..

PC gamers are the real winners here :-D

PC Gamers are never winners ;)

seriously though if i had the knowledge and cash behind me id love to build a gaming PC but for ease of use and playability ill stick to consoles.

Not looking at either console tbh. Think the XB360 will keep me going for a good while especially with the PC as well.

BTW POL - building a PC is not a difficult thing. Reasonable amount of patience, some care and very little skill required tbh. I wouldnt rate myself highly in engineering skills or DIY but I have now built 3 from scratch (as well as working on another 7 or 8) and all have ran fine with no problem.

Edited by kilted

PC Gamers are never winners ;)

seriously though if i had the knowledge and cash behind me id love to build a gaming PC but for ease of use and playability ill stick to consoles.

Actually, I'd say PC gaming has come a long way in the last couple of years as they're now surprisingly easy to use - games will now frequently detect your hardware and offer suitable settings rather than having to spend a lot of time tweaking, games keep themselves updated so you don't need to worry about finding patches and for games better suited to the controller, many now support the 360 pad natively so they're not just preconfigured for it but they have all the tool tips as well so instead of saying press Joy15 it says press A and shows the correct graphic of the A button.  Steam (which supports a vast array of games now) goes a bit further as it offers a 'big picture' mode which gives a large interface designed to be used with a controller on a TV.  Between the Humble sales, Greeman gaming, Gamefly and the Steam sales themselves I can frequently pick up decent games for not much money which is appealing as while there's a lot of duds, you come across some real gems.

The reason I say a couple of years is that at one point I was really sick of PC gaming because of the hassle, at times it was just taking so much time to get certain games working that I just couldn't be bothered in the end.  One game in particular which was an expansion pack took about a week of trying to get it working, initially Steam and it weren't getting on and I couldn't find out why (eventually ended up just leaving it for seven hours straight sorted it), then the game needed several huge day one patches, then Games for Windows Live wouldn't register the game, then when the game started I was missing a lot of textures so started mucking about with graphics card drivers with no success.  Eventually I had to edit a config file to disable anti-aliasing, this was an error that occurred if you had installed the original game which was a prerequisite to install the expansion pack?!  

That sort of nonsense pushed me back towards the consoles for a while until I upgrade my PC to improve its video rendering speed (and its graphics cards *ahem*), I've hardly had any hassle with games for a while and I don't need to worry about the 720p/1080p arguments for the Xbox One/PS4 as I've been running 1440p for a while at high framerate and detail.

At the moment there's nothing of interest with the Xbox One or PS4, once they both a good selection of exclusives is when I'll probably pick them up.  Seeing the Audi E-tron Quattro in Forza did make me have a slight hesitation but reviews of it sound disappointing, its sounds a very safe by the numbers game which has less tracks than Forza 4 (which didn't have that many to begin with) and the same annoying freemium style stuff from Forza Horizons.

John

I really can't see any personal benefit to be had from upgrading...  

I expect they will stop making games for the PS3 over the next 18months or so

and I suppose I'll have to jump on the bandwagon then... But apart from better graphics,

what's the point. These new consoles seem geared up toward getting your gameplay  

up on social media sites and that's about the only difference other than the graphic

upgrades. I don't have a facebonk account, nor will I ever have one so I fail to see the benefit.

I might grab a high memory capacity PS3 when the price plummets I estimate about next  

summer would be the time to get a bargain buying one. I have about 70 PS3 games and have

not completed most of them tbh, as far as I can tell the new ones won't recognise PS3 discs

so it's just not worth the expense at the moment.

• Like 1

Yeah me, in very pleased with it too :)

Good, How are the snap features and voice control?

Yep got mine and it's really pretty damn good. Heard there's a few people with disc drive problems though.

Seen some video's with those disc drives doesn't sound nice. 

I'm looking forward to friday now even more!

The voice control is very responsive :) have tested it just to see if it works but will probably never use it.

I heard about the blu ray drive eating discs too hopefully I don't get this issue

I have one and its been fine (touches wood). A few issues with download speeds for the initial game updates on Friday but that's to be expected on launch day.

New controller is fantastic - feels good and high quality, and rumble triggers in Forza 5 are good. 

I think it will be next year before the games really come into their own as there's nothing out at present that really sells the console. Ive also got Assassins Green Black flag which looks nice and plays well but its essentially the same game as the 360 version with some extra sparkle.

• Like 1

Some ps4's are having a system failure referred to as the blue ring of death! (Although it's the blue line on top that flashes) which renders them useless. At least u can still use digital games on the xbox if the drive fails.

I ordered 2, 1 from Argos and 1 from Amazon.

Amazon have let me down so I have 1 hiding upstairs that I dare not open because its a Christmas present and If I don't get my Amazon order before then I would be in trouble.

Tldr: I have one, can't play with it :(

My bro had a PS4 on order from Game, right from the day the preorders went up.

He got an email at 8pm last night saying that he wouldnt get one today and they were hoping to get one to him by xmas. ****ing disgrace.

My bro had a PS4 on order from Game, right from the day the preorders went up.

He got an email at 8pm last night saying that he wouldnt get one today and they were hoping to get one to him by xmas. ******* disgrace.

I don't think he's the only one, I've seen a few other people complaining that they were in the initial group but wouldn't be getting one unless they went for one of the bundles which unsurprisingly are not good value for money.

John