LED DLR Bulbs - What Works, Confused?

I'm still running mine daily and I have had no flashing or problems. All is well. Love the look of them also. Enjoy AVTUR.

• 2 weeks later...

You wouldn't have to inform your Insurance company as things like tyres, light bulbs etc are wear and tear items that may need replacing at any time.

I work for a big Insurance company and I've just fitted LED bulbs in my DRLs, that's how I know so don't worry about it.

You wouldn't have to inform your Insurance company as things like tyres, light bulbs etc are wear and tear items that may need replacing at any time.

I work for a big Insurance company and I've just fitted LED bulbs in my DRLs, that's how I know so don't worry about it.

Apart from when they decide it's the aftermarket non-manufacturer approved LEDs that you installed that caused the crash... :-D

Xenons would need to be declared then it would be up to your insurance company if they would allow it or not.

Some will, some won't, just the same as some may want to charge you a loading premium for having them fitted.

how about xenons is that the same or is that a big no no ?

When you say Xenon do you mean a full HID conversion? Don't forget that because the Monte doesn't have headlamp washers you would fail an MOT. which is a shame cos it's the first thing I would do, done it to all my previous cars and it's so easy.

Just stick with changing the DRL bulbs, side lights, front indicator bulbs and head light bulbs. ... next on the list is the bulbs in the rear cluster and finally all the interior bulbs.

Lighting, it's an expensive obsession!

Can I just get some brighter bulbs for The headlamps or does it not work like that? :l edit: as in can I buy some 4300k bulbs and they will just work? I apologise I am not good with cars

Edited by DanMonteCarlo

You can buy after market bulbs with a standard filament inside as a direct replacement something like Osram NightBreakers but y you couldn't fit 4300k hid xenon bulbs as they need ballasts and additional wiring, they are gas discharge.

4300k give off a good light but my personal preference has always been 6000k. They are more than enough and very white.

Some people don't like the 5 second warm up it takes for the lights t to reach full intensity but I don't see it as a problem.

Ask any questions on here, no stupid questions exist. The forum is where you learn. You chose a monte so you can't be too bad :)

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I plan on a 35w slim ballast 6000k HID conversion. At the moment I'm running the standard bulbs. I'm going to raise the beam from the lens itself as I've read they are set at the lowest tolerance and there is room for legal movement.

Lots of people switch to osram or phillips but they are just imitations and for a 'few' more pennies I would rather go the whole way.

I've changed the drls and sidelights to CREE bulbs and they are just awesome. I have put pictures on another thread you should go have a look the links to the sellers are all there too.

In my opinion I tend to spend more money on lights and tyres and brakes (EBC Green/Red stuff) is all about safety and then personal choice.

I have asked the same question in another thread. I have heard that Skoda have the height set at the lowest end of the tolerance. I'm going to have a look under the bonnet.

If I am successful or heat on the other thread I will post it here too. Please do the same if you get any where

Cheers Jonro2009, will do.

I had a look yesterday but couldn't work out where the adjuster was located.

Didn't want to mess about in case I mucked it up and started dazzling everyone or turned my headlights into downlighters !!

Cheers Jonro2009, will do.

I had a look yesterday but couldn't work out where the adjuster was located.

Didn't want to mess about in case I mucked it up and started dazzling everyone or turned my headlights into downlighters !!

Have you had any luck finding out how many turns and in which direction to turn the hex?

I've actually just bought a full 6000k HID conversion kit :D

Had a go last night.

There's a plastic grub screw on the top of the headlight unit which you turn anticlockwise I think to raise the beam and vise versa.

Not had a proper chance to see if it lights the road better yet, just did it against my garage door!

It's going to be trial and error I think.

Had a go last night.

There's a plastic grub screw on the top of the headlight unit which you turn anticlockwise I think to raise the beam and vise versa.

Not had a proper chance to see if it lights the road better yet, just did it against my garage door!

It's going to be trial and error I think.

Great thanks I will have a look over the weekend >_>

• 1 month later...

I fitted a pair from e,bay £5.

Changed the wiring about in the wiring plug & they work fine.

Much better light as in White light, not yellow as the originals are.

9-LED P21W BA15s 1156 Stop Brake/Tail/Indicator Car Light Bulbs - Super White

Item number:

Ten mins per side fitted.

When you say you changed the wiring about in the plug, did you just unplug, rotate 180 degrees and plug it back in to change the polarity or is it more involved?

When you remove the whole light fitting the bulb holders twist off the lamp.

The wiring Plug pushes onto the bulb holder. Its that Plug you have to swap over the wires.

As just change the wires by pulling out the terminals and swap them over. You will need a sharp tool to open the Terminal from the plug.

I'll get a photo Sat.

CD

When you remove the whole light fitting the bulb holders twist off the lamp.

The wiring Plug pushes onto the bulb holder. Its that Plug you have to swap over the wires.

As just change the wires by pulling out the terminals and swap them over. You will need a sharp tool to open the Terminal from the plug.

I'll get a photo Sat.

CD

Perfect, thanks. It must be luck of the draw then depending which way round they have been wired up at the factory. Obviously it doesn't matter with filament bulb its only when we change them for LED style ones. Usually you can just spin the bulb round but obviously not these types of bulbs.