Sorry but I prefer my Octy II

Fellwalker

Quite!

As reported on the TV earlier; crime figures are now the lowest they have been for more than a generation

(except if you read the Daily Fail)

I can see the DF headlines:

• Cameron vows to introduce compulsory privacy glass in the rear of all cars to stop reduce thefts/kidnaps/cancer in rats etc
  • Cameron vows to introduce new police powers to enter any vehicle with cars with dark rear windows in the name of security.
  • Much smaller DM headline: Cameron introduces additional window tax on cars with privacy glass.

Just jesting peeps :think: :wonder:

Hi Ciderman

Thanks for that it was something I had not considered when I Placed order for the Yeti I do not play golf that often to be a problem The majority of posts i read on this site and elsewhere convince me I have made a good choice

I class myself as a bit of a hacker, but enjoy the beer after ! Hopefully your kit will fit. There's no doubt you have made a good choice.

I'm one month into ownership of Yeti number 2. Fantastic vehicles.

Did you at any point slide the rear seat forward and THEN tried to fit the golf bag? You gain a surprising amount of space by doing this. Alternatively also by just having the rear seats in their most upright position instead of fully reclined you also gain a bit (the backrest have quite a few positions).

No, I'm afraid not, but yes that could be a solution. Before the test drive I had considered that for 99% of the time, I could even take out the back seats completely. The issue there is one of how do I hide everything from prying eyes. I've looked but cannot find any form of semi-hard, or window blind like, cover to put over it all. That then means an old blanket, or curtains, spread out and lumpy all over the place. As I visit other golf clubs, and have to stop for rest facilities on my way, or park outside hotels and B&Bs overnight, this is not just a one off consideration. If I were to jump ship, I'd want a neat solution.

Sadly, with the new Octy not having a right foot rest (in a bigger car, and seriously uncomfortable rather than the probably manageable yeti) that car is not an option either, so at some point I will have to move away from my now 4 year old Octy.

Am I alone in wondering just how many car-breaking-into-toe rags would actually be interested in pinching some presumably heavyweight golf clubs, chunky batteries, and sets of wheels from the back of a car........??

Seems like it's a bit of imagination at play... ... But then, some folks are always thinking the sky will fall in on them!

If they could smash my quarterlight to take an 8 year old wind cheater jacket, that you could have bought for a quid in a charity shop, then I think the thought of £600 of golf gear might just tempt the thieves.

Sorry but it's either Octy or tbe Superb if you want to keep your bats out of view mate. It's one of the reasons I bought the Octy, my hatch gobbles up 2 powakaddies and 2 powacaddy cart bags, plus all tne gubbins batteries shoes the works. You can't tell they're in there either which is a big plus. I suffered the smaller boot on our Seat for a few years and fighting your bats into the boot is no fun especially when it's p1**ing it down. I know how you feel about having them on show even if this lot don't! Trouble is as far as boots are concerned you've been spoilt

So true. Damn those Skoda people, creating a perfect car and then discontinuing it. (The new Octy is too big, and getting too expensive)

So, the lesson is if you want a damn good car, buy a Yeti. If you want a golf buggy, buy something else. Sorted. Time for a :beer:

• Like 2

So true. Damn those Skoda people, creating a perfect car and then discontinuing it. (The new Octy is too big, and getting too expensive)

All Skoda's are getting expensive, my neighbour loves my Yeti, but says he could not afford to buy one when he recently changed his car, settled for an Astra instead. I think the prices will continue to creep up with every new model, so I think with the mileage I now do my Yeti will be with me a fair while

Or take up proper golf rather than big-golf. Then you only need to carry one golf bat at most, and the majority of proper golf places will happily give you a slightly sticky golf-bat along with the ball, pencil and score card when you pay at the little booth.

I tried pitch-and-putt once (or walky-whacky as I think it should be called) and frankly that seemed too much effort. Why take two golf bats when one will do the job?

Instead of using a bat can't you just throw the ball?

Even better, just carry the ball round the course in your pocket, stand over the hole and drop it in?

• Like 2

Time for some lateral thinking.

Golf bats won't fit in car so get bigger car? NO! Get smaller bats!

Why not design a set of golf bats with a shaft that screws together in the middle - like a snooker cue. To save weight and cost you could have a single top half into which you screw the bat of your choice. Less weight to hump around so you don't need a cart, shorter bats that fit in any car boot.

Simples!

Maybe I'll apply for a patent!

The men in white coats will be along to collect you shortly.... :giggle:

Instead of using a bat can't you just throw the ball?

Sorry Graham wrong sport (unless you're talking about the wimmin as most of them could throw it further than they can hit it!) ;)

Even better, just carry the ball round the course in your pocket, stand over the hole and drop it in?

I say old chap that's the sole preserve of presidents of the good old U S of A :rofl:

Fore!

• Like 1

Actually I think I'd be pretty good at this game ... I've already got the knack of walking round with my hands in my pockets juggling ... just need to learn to aim at the hole :giggle:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

OK, having got over the facetious comments about golf, some of which are quite amusing, does anyone have a serious idea about covering the extended load space when the back seats are folded down?

In theory, I still fancy a Yeti, but I need to have a way of covering that load space when it has gear in it.  Whatever that gear - forget the golf!

I could put a blanket over it, as my brother does with his Ford Kuga (yeuch), but that feels so makeshift.  Is there a roller blind type of thing, or a hard cover that actually fits in a yeti?  What do other people do if say on a touring holiday and carrying suitcases or anything that doesn't fit in the boot with seats up?

My X-Trail had a roller blind, fine for covering the shopping but, due to the sill line being lower than the Yeti's, severely restricted the packing height.  Two suitcases, loaded flat, with a coat on top = max.  When going on proper holiday, two suit cases like that, walking boot bags and backpacks squeezed in alongside.  Anything else - and there's always a lot of that (starting with sleeping bags...) - and the back seats went down.  Leaving a genuinely flat front-to-back load floor and the blind perched from its side mountings at the back like a mezzanine floor (it was usually left at home).  The Yeti allows vertical packing, as said, but is a bit short in depth. 

The real practicable answer for long, relatively thin loads is to have a double-cab pickup with a lockable hard cover over the loadbed.  :giggle:

The best answer would be a multi-leaf rigid pull-out horizontal shutter, to be fitted behind the front seats with fixed runners down the sides.  Anyone know of one - or be prepared to design and make one?  :S

• Like 1

I tend to take out just the one seat and cover stuff (big photographic bag with lighting in it... sorta same size as golf bag)..with a black blanket as with the privacy glass and the height most herberts dont notice anything... but know where you are coming from.

Hopefully one day Skoda will do a Grande Yeti as the storage with the rear seats in is really the only problem that the car faces (and frail :bandit:  windscreens..)..

Great on holiday but not so great trying to get all and sundry there...