Official Mk3 VRS Pics and spec

Just released to dealers apparently:

A real driver’s car.

Amongst the innovations for the new Octavia vRS the driver will be able to select his preferred engine note (presumably through a switchable exhaust system).

That could be accoustic / generated sound by speakers. They do that on some other VAG cars.

That could be accoustic / generated sound by speakers. They do that on some other VAG cars.

That was also my guess. I doubt they'd spend the money on a properly engineered exhaust valve setup.

I love the look of this Mk3 vRS, when teh standard Mk3 came out I wasnt really that keen, having seen a few on the road I still wasnt that kee, but seeing this it has made me think, yes please, that looks nice! White hatch, diesel DSG with 18" wheels would be very nice, be interesting to see the UK standard spec mind.

However, even though I am one of those that always wants the latest models etc I feel quite happy knowing that I will be waiting 12-18 months before even thinking about one, hopefully some nice price incentives by then!

But, overall I think Skoda have done well, beefed it up to make it look more modern and sporty, yet still kept that 'sleeper' look too, fantastic!

Now then Skoda ! That more like it. Gives the dreary looking MK3 a much needed shot in the arm !! Lets hope that Skoda UK don't balls it up by making daft spec decisions, like no MFSW on manual cars and standard bluetooth.

I'm liking that fact that the figure of £22.5k is being banded around (hope thats OTR) - means one could well be in range come change time. Might get a lot higher by the time I look at the DSG Estate though.. :(

Just released to dealers apparently:

The car will also be available to order, for the first time, in the stunning new Meteor Grey colour.

That's it then, meteor grey estate on 19's.

:)

• Like 2

I'm liking that fact that the figure of £22.5k is being banded around (hope thats OTR) - means one could well be in range come change time. Might get a lot higher by the time I look at the DSG Estate though.. :(

I suppose it's not out of the question that that's the petrol manual hatch.

Add £1000 or so for diesel.

Add £1000 for the estate

Add £1500 for DSG

Add £1000 for the panoramic roof, and you very quickly get an expensive car.

Is this the 'flat' grey we saw with bright yellow wheels on the Sports Pack demo?

If so, a ballsy purchase!

mmmm looks nice but will it be a better tower than the last one?

Id presume towing wouldnt be the primary market for the VRS model tbh.

Towed extensively with 3 examples of the previous Octavia vRS ... all 170 TDi's. My friend who is a caravanning journalist also had one for three years.

Great towcar, no issues whatsoever towing just over 1300Kg. Only changed to the Yeti as we wanted a heavier 'van.

I may have another ... the estate looks awesome ... we are in the process of ordering a lighter caravan for 2014 to make the vRS an option again, though a facelifted Yeti will be in the running too.

Personally, I doubt its going to start at £22,500 as magazines are predicting....

And....

If it does I think its going to be a very bare spec indeed!

• Like 1

well they are giving bi xenons and rear led lights at standard but i have a feeling the rest of the spec will be pretty weak

I reckon it may be that that's all you get as standard niceties - stuff that makes a difference externally and separates it from the bog standard models even more... 18's as standard I reckon also, with no option to go smaller, just larger.

They've said that there's a choice of 17,18 and 19" wheels.

but a dealer confirmed to me today that that info WAS NOT specific for the uk market VRS hence my comments above. :)

Got the following from a local dealer today, a little disappointed really that the hatch will not even be available until January/February

The New Octavia VRS will open for ordering on 17 July.

Customer estimated deliveries:

Estate Late September 2013

Hatch Jan/Feb 2014

Prices not yet announced.

The new Octavia vRS is available with two engines - 2.0 TSI 220PS and 2.0 TDI 184PS - with six-speed manual or DSG transmissions. The petrol option with manual gearbox offers a top speed of 154mph and accelerates from 0 to 62mph in just 6.8 seconds; the diesel engine with the same gearbox has a top speed of 144mph and manages 0 to 62mph in 8.1 seconds.

Compared to the second-generation Octavia vRS, the new engines provide more power and consume up to 19 per cent less fuel. Stop/start and brake energy regeneration systems are fitted as standard. Sports suspension is also fitted as standard and the car sits 12mm lower than the standard Octavia.

"The new Octavia vRS is in a sports league of its own," says ŠKODA CEO Winfried Vahland. "It stands for horsepower and fuel efficiency and, at the same time, for emotion and rationality. Never before has an Octavia vRS been so fast and dynamic, yet so spacious, convenient, safe and comfortable.

"This car sets new standards in the sporty compact class and takes the brand's sporty genes with it on the road. It's the perfect car for free time and everyday use; it offers power, the latest technology and great value for money,"

but a dealer confirmed to me today that that info WAS NOT specific for the uk market VRS hence my comments above. :)

It's on the skoda uk press release, which suggests that it does apply to the uk. If past history is anything to go by, dealers are often in the dark and just make **** up.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/news/new-octavia-vrs

Still, we'll find out in a month or so.

The last paragraph of the press release isn't clear on the stereo though - its confusingly worded and sounds badly translated to English to me.

• Like 1

It's on the skoda uk press release, which suggests that it does apply to the uk. If past history is anything to go by, dealers are often in the dark and just make **** up.

http://www.skoda.co.uk/news/new-octavia-vrs

Still, we'll find out in a month or so.

The last paragraph of the press release isn't clear on the stereo though - its confusingly worded and sounds badly translated to English to me.

Totally agree on the dealers usually talking rubbish but the strong hint was that Skoda UK hadn't finalised which equipment was to go on as standard and which was going to be optional! Surprised if it is the case as this late stage imo

I just had a look at the VW GTD, and that has a DAB radio without nav as standard.

The Amundsen equivalent is a seven hundred and something quid upgrade and the Bolero equivalent is £1735!!!!!!!

With the options I'd want its over £29k