My first Skoda is here!

Navigation through a bit of a wobbler, the location is Lepe Country Park overlooking the Solent and the Isle of Wight, yet the map says "Le Manche" which is French for the English Channel.... if the Isle of Wight ferries use the same system then the passengers will have a long crossing

post-102014-0-47906500-1370637509_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Back home, both my Nokia work phone and my own iPhone connected flawlessly with the Bluetooth system and transferred the phone books from both to the Amundsen; connected up the Mitsumi lead to the iPhone and connected first time, music controls very good from either the steering wheel or the infotainment system itself, when playing music even the album cover is shown on the screen - brilliant!! Sorry about the crappy photo - the screen itself is crystal clear!

post-102014-0-00330600-1370638015_thumb.jpg

Edited by Timoctav
  • Like 1

Timoctavia is now a very contented chappy!Taken delivery of a really great car from what on first dealings seems to be a very good dealer! Rolled up at 1:00pm with my trusty Clockwork Rat to turn it in for my new steed. Very detailed handover, painstakingly went through all the paperwork, the car was presented and all the controls explained. I was introduced to the service and parts team; bought the rubber bootliner for those runs to the tip, sill guards already fitted and collected the Mitsumi Apple device lead. My only initial grumble was the apparent policy to let the cars go with next to no fuel in them, when I met Andy the Business Manager to go through a quick customer satisfaction survey which I have to say was glowing except for the fuel issue and how mean I thought it was after spending £20k on a new car not to at least half fill the fuel tank. Salesman immediately despatched to fill up the tank so that was that sorted!

Nice relaxing drive home in fairly light traffic and of course find somewhere a bit scenic to take some photos to post here. I found the comfort and refinement really good, ok, not the sharpest car to drive by any means but it isn't meant to be so can't really criticise it for that. Very pleased with my choice of denim blue as well. On the run home the trip computer was showing 52.2 mpg. Not bad after only 30 miles in a brand new car with a tight engine. So, some photographs :

Nice motor miine also is race blue with Bi-xonon like the DRLs Can you tell me the build date and when you ordered it ? Mine seems to been on order for ages and as yet no info from the dealer apart from that it is on hand.

Nice motor miine also is race blue with Bi-xonon like the DRLs Can you tell me the build date and when you ordered it ? Mine seems to been on order for ages and as yet no info from the dealer apart from that it is on hand.

Hi Darnell - thank you, it just gets better every time I drive it! Fuel consumption now 57mpg....

In answer to your questions, car ordered Saturday 23rd March, build week "first week of May".

Thank you for the compliments one and all. Went back to Sparshatts this morning as Her Indoors had noticed lots of tiny scratches on the plastic B pillar trim, duly polished out. I was going to buy some top up engine oil as well, but Skoda are supposed to supply some free of charge, they had none in so the Business Manager raided his demonstrator Octavia and gave me that. Nice cup of cappochino in the showroom whilst they polished the B pillars for me. Definitely very impressed with Sparshatts, that's for sure.

Set up "Eco tips" in the display to remind me to change up, close the windows with the air con on, I'll probably get fed up with it and turn it off again at some point in the future! Love the attention to detail, if you've got a mobile phone connected to Bluetooth you even get a message on the infotainment screen reminding you to take your phone with you when you switch off. As mentioned above, average fuel consumption now 57.2 mpg.....

• Like 1

Hi Darnell - thank you, it just gets better every time I drive it! Fuel consumption now 57mpg....

In answer to your questions, car ordered Saturday 23rd March, build week "first week of May".

Thanks for the info found out now mine how built week 22 and on the way to the por. Now the long wait to get my hands on it Thanks also about the oil to be supplied must put that down on my list to be supplied.

• Like 1

Are you on fuelly yet? Will be great to have a few 2.0CR owners on. I do 25000 miles mainly motorway so should get high mpg regularly

Hi David, not yet but will do - never even heard of that site until I came here! Kind regards Tim

Are you on fuelly yet? Will be great to have a few 2.0CR owners on. I do 25000 miles mainly motorway so should get high mpg regularly

Hi David what is this Fuelly???

Here

www.fuelley.com - Share your mpg,

FYI - just make sure you change settings to british mpg as default is US mpg ( their gallon is less than ours.

• Like 1

Here

www.fuelley.com - Share your mpg,

FYI - just make sure you change settings to british mpg as default is US mpg ( their gallon is less than ours.

How do you set up the full Fuelly info in your Briskoda signature? I could only work out how to paste a link but does not show current mpg, etc.?

Edited by Matt Pez

Navigation through a bit of a wobbler, the location is Lepe Country Park overlooking the Solent and the Isle of Wight, yet the map says "Le Manche" which is French for the English Channel.... if the Isle of Wight ferries use the same system then the passengers will have a long crossing

Have you checked what version maps have you got on the SD card. I have seen a site on this forum which allows the maps to be upgraded.