Just got around to putting on my cupra r lip spoiler today

Just got around to putting on my cupra r lip spoiler today read the how to post but had a wee bit of trouble fitting because of the two wing clips in the middle but after a bit of measuring and cutting out some holes I think the fit is much better than cutting them off and screwing and glueing them on what do you think

post-98919-0-71511200-1371921647_thumb.jpg

post-98919-0-52551300-1371921673_thumb.jpg

post-98919-0-17700400-1371921683_thumb.jpg

Thirsty work mate, love the tin of Carling in the pics. lol, seriously VRS looks ace.

• Like 1

Part number is 1ML805903 Alex.

is it necessary to screw thru the middle bits? or can I start from where the splitter sits flush and screw outwards both sides.

What length self tapers did you use? I think 20 is too much haha

10 mm self tappers I found it a wee bit tricky to get it in the centre you need someone else just too hold it in place.I screwed from each side of the opening and cut a little more than 3cms from each side that needed trimmed

Looks good Joe, pretty much the same as all the others ;)

Mine's not screwed or glued in the middle.

Have found that means that if you nudge it into a high kerb it just flexes a bit rather than ripping screws out of your bumper!

Where did u get the badge

I sold it to him

See this group buy thread

Expect another group buy to begin next week at some point

Which TPS is doing the trim for that much ? I'm sure mine was about £36, coventry back of seat

- Oh and you don't need to trim holes in the bumper to get the same shape as that....you trim the lip down instead :rofl:

£36 trim cut down or expensive bumper with holes in it....erm, I think I'll take the latter :giggle:

Still, well fitted, well done

• Like 1

Was it easy to fit the cutting and that??

Was it easy to fit the cutting and that??

bit of a pain trying to get the two wing clips to go just were i wanted them too,paper templates measuring for the centre and so on you can like other people have done and cut the centre wing clips off then screw and glue them on but I thought I would spend a lot more time in clipping them into the bumper for a cleaner stronger fit