Climate control

I have read all the posts on this but cant find a definitive answer, hence this post.

I have a 2012 170 cr 4x4 with the dual digital climate control. Compared to my previous car which had a BMW system it is very erratic. On Auto its sensitivity to cabin temperature seems to be non existent at times blowing warm air when it patently should be cooling the cabin down. On other occasions, even with the dual climate function off it sometimes blows warm air through one side and cold through the other.

I can see on here that others have had similar issues. The only advice seems to be to turn it off and then turn it on again which seems to work. The BMW system I had before was set to 20 day in and day out and maintained that temp.

Is this a fault with my car or something they all do to a greater or lesser degree?

If it is a fault has anyone had it rectified?

Cheers.

John

Seems it might be an issue with your car. My climate control works fine from day one although generally I choose not to use it as the "preferred" setting is too chilly for me. Not hard to control aircon yourself is it really!!

I've never had a car where climate control works. TBH I'd much prefer dials where I controlled the temp of the air coming through the vents rather than the car blasting out hot air to raise the overall temp by one degree.

My car does what you're saying, so did my previous 58 elegance, so did my 07 Leon (awful car anyway) so did my 04 superb. It's just that climate control is cr*p..

Climate Control on my 2012 MY1.4 TSi 'S' works as it should. My only criticism (and not the first to mention this), is the fact that the temperature setting increments in steps of 1 degree at a time. My previous car (2005 Mondeo) had half degree steps. Weird how sometimes the ideal temperature is at that half-way point !

NB., 'S' spec Superbs would normally come with manual air-con, but mine (an ex Skoda UK car) had dual-zone climate.

I've got mine set to 22 all year round. Works fine at this temp.

But I remember that it got confused once and started to blast really hot air, when it was already hot inside. I had to switch it off and on and after that it was fine and it never happened again.

Thanks for the the replies. Seems like its the system and not a fault. Its going back (again) for a new rear light cluster that is letting water in so I will get them to check it for me as a precaution.

My only issue with my climate control on my Greenline is

that the increment between 20 & 21ºc. 20 is too cold and 21 too warm. Its seems like a much larger difference. Waiting to get my Superb looked at as on a hot day the fan went to max as l started the car and has blown some ducting off behind the dash. Anything above mid fan speed and the whole dash and steering wheel vibrate.

Mine seems pretty stable - agreed that the 1c increments can be a pain at times but to try and counter it, I've been having, for example, the drivers one at 21 and the passenger at 20. Kind of gives a middle ground.

Jury is still out though on whether it actually helps!

I've never had one act as it says it should either, basically any time the heat in the car rises it will blow cold and vice versa, simply opening a window or a door will send it haywire for a minute or so until it's happy, a lot of people don't keep the sensors clean and this leads to more hot cold hot cold colder experiences.

I've never had one act as it says it should either, basically any time the heat in the car rises it will blow cold and vice versa, simply opening a window or a door will send it haywire for a minute or so until it's happy, a lot of people don't keep the sensors clean and this leads to more hot cold hot cold colder experiences.

`Sensors``...where would they be then?

Been a bit hot recently, and such a big car seems to take a long time to cool the rear seats. Is there a way of getting more cool air to the rear seats, more quickly?

2 methods

1 - Close all vents other than the two middle dash ones and full blast on re-cycle

2 - Close all vents and select foot and re-cycle,

hth.

If it is a fault has anyone had it rectified?

I had the same issue as you, having jumped from cars that had a decent climate control. After resorting to reading the manual, ;) I found that to get the system to work well you have to open all dash vents wide open and have them pointing up. Then selecting desired temp works well in most situations. Sounds bizarre thing to do, but this is advice for it to work in Auto, and it does actually work.

I had the same issue as you, having jumped from cars that had a decent climate control. After resorting to reading the manual, ;) I found that to get the system to work well you have to open all dash vents wide open and have them pointing up. Then selecting desired temp works well in most situations. Sounds bizarre thing to do, but this is advice for it to work in Auto, and it does actually work.

That will work as well, getting re-cycle on is important until the car is cooled enough as it speeds up the cooling of already cooled air, also you should to start with an open window about an inch so the cold air can push the hot air out easier, plus warm air rises so allowing it to escape naturally also helps.

Do you ever read the actual post by the OP, or just devote your spare time, which you obviously have a lot of, to just writing spurious helpful/unhelpful hints?

The OP question was about climate control and getting the Superb system to work like a climate control should.

Do you ever read the actual post by the OP, or just devote your spare time, which you obviously have a lot of, to just writing spurious helpful/unhelpful hints?

The OP question was about climate control and getting the Superb system to work like a climate control should.

Replying to Jake tbh, having issues getting the rear seating area cool, but got mixed up with you replying to Caulk

Been a bit hot recently, and such a big car seems to take a long time to cool the rear seats. Is there a way of getting more cool air to the rear seats, more quickly?

Edited by Supurbia