Sun Shades

I've been looking at uv car shades and found they're based in my town mansfield. I was going to pop round one day to take a look and see if I can buy from their unit.

Can you pop round and have a word as there are now three confirmed do not fit posts?

Three and counting then. Oh and still no reply to email. It does say can take 5 days to reply. FIVE DAYS!!! Mmmm, I wanna refund me thinks!

I'm posting them back tomorrow to vanstyle. I've already sealed the box up ready to go.

I'm posting them back tomorrow to vanstyle. I've already sealed the box up ready to go.

Who's paying for return postage? Is it you? Then are you in hope of a refund of shades, sending postage and return postal costs? I want to return them but knowing my luck they will go missing and I won't even have a wonky set of window shades!

Edited by Pumatron

I'm sending them back tracked and they will be refunding my out of pocket costs. I expect their supplier messed up with this first batch.

I'll try and pop round on Saturday and see if I can see them for myself. I'll have a word with them about the non fitting issues.

• Like 2

Vanstyle just called me. They say they fitted shades to an estate yesterday but had to use different clips. I explained that as three of us can't get them to fit then its unlikely to be user error.

I'm going to try to get down to Mansfield week after next so they can see them. They have ordered some more for the Hatch.

If you have shades that don't fit call them and ask for "Chris".

Sorry I've lost this particular plot here, Vanstyle have good fitting O3 HB shades or not ?

Link would be good too, I'm on a dumbed down Smartphone, ok yeah yeah, it the operator errors that are dumbing it down, so what, move along, nothing laugh at here.

Sorry I've lost this particular plot here, Vanstyle have good fitting O3 HB shades or not ?

Link would be good too, I'm on a dumbed down Smartphone, ok yeah yeah, it the operator errors that are dumbing it down, so what, move along, nothing laugh at here.

Undeceided.

After speaking to Chris at Vanstyle today and much faffing this evening my conclusion is that the fitting instructions and provided clips are incorrect but the shades probably could fit. Its an absolutely average solution as I expected much better after reading other customer experiences.

For now do not order MK III shades From Vansytle AKA Palm automotive AKA uvsunshades until these issues are resolved.

This is going to cost me personally 4 hours time and 100 miles to rectify but I'll go to Mansfield soon and sort this out for BRISKODA members. I'll update my post if Vanstyle compensate my costs for their suppliers' failings.

I have decided to return mine for a refund and wait until they have sorted out the problems with them and then reorder. They just are not good enough in any area for me to want to keep them at the moment. Still not heard from uvcarshades either which is quite disappointing as well. :wonder:

I've been up to Vanstyle this morning to see about a set of shades for my estate. They seem very nice people. Chris mentioned the issues people have had and showed me the correct fixings that cure the problem. He said the fixings are being sent out to people. They haven't got a combi set in until later this month and when they come in they'll give me a call and I can pop down and they will fit them for me. Whilst I was there I also had a look at some Rearguards bumper protectors. They seem a better option than the superskoda ones, although I'm undecided what colour would suit my silver octy.

• Like 1

Vanstyle sending me alternative clips and chris confirmed that supplied instructions were incorrect. Their supplier messed up.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

You will get them guys. I've seen the jiffy bags ready to go to you last weekend.

Thanks Andy.

Maybe they forgot to post them. Not that it matters now the sun appears to have gone away again.

Still no clips so I have had enough. After another session looking at the side ones even with new clips it will be a bodge as they are the wrong size.
Today I posted back to vanstyle asking for a full refund.

I cannot recommend either these sunshades or Vanstyle as their customer care is non-existant apart from one chap.

Dissapointing

Still no clips so I have had enough. After another session looking at the side ones even with new clips it will be a bodge as they are the wrong size.

Today I posted back to vanstyle asking for a full refund.

I cannot recommend either these sunshades or Vanstyle as their customer care is non-existant apart from one chap.

Dissapointing

Completely agree. I've sent mine back as well. Fed up of waiting for these mysterious clips.