Sun Shades

Hi there

Sure, here you go. Not a lot of sun here nowadays, but I hope it gives you the idea. I also have the factory tinted windows.

Cheers

Gyuri

thanks a million!

You've done exactly what I was thinking so it's great to see it in some real photos.

Last thing, do you happen to know what percentage the factory tint is?

I have the SuperSkoda shades and can't fault them other than the adhesive clip things that hold the rear window screen in place.

I am currently using three of these about 3 inches apart each and they keep coming unstuck and dropping the top of the shade slightly and its really annoying!

I wondered if I get some of that Gorilla double sided tape and fix 5 of these clips, would that hold the bugger in place?

GOR-6055002-2.jpg?1461567950

• 1 month later...

I have the SuperSkoda shades and can't fault them other than the adhesive clip things that hold the rear window screen in place.

I am currently using three of these about 3 inches apart each and they keep coming unstuck and dropping the top of the shade slightly and its really annoying!

I wondered if I get some of that Gorilla double sided tape and fix 5 of these clips, would that hold the bugger in place?

GOR-6055002-2.jpg?1461567950

Have you sorted this yet mate?? I've just ordered the super skoda blinds and hoping the mounting clips hold them in place....might just try the gorilla tape from the start....??

Have you sorted this yet mate?? I've just ordered the super skoda blinds and hoping the mounting clips hold them in place....might just try the gorilla tape from the start....??

No Mate, haven't got round to it yet as I have got used to the bloody thing being lower than the trim.

Still thinking I should tho, will wonder why it took me so long i'm sure!

Thanks Dan, I'll wait too see what the quality of the fittings are like first...do they stick to plastic surround or the window?

they stick to the glass itself (that's where I put mine anyway!)

they stick to the glass itself (that's where I put mine anyway!)

Ahh right nice1...I've got some rubbing alcohol I use to clean the inside of my windows, gets them completely grease and streak free so will see how the clips adhere to that for now.

cheers

Mike

Edited by vRSmiked
  • Like 1

Got these today, fitted in 10 mins no bother that included giving the rear window a good clean before hand to remove any grease/moisture etc.

So the job very well and are very secure...not as dark as I thought they would be but I don't have factory tints so I can live with that.

Good value in my opinion at 99 euros and came from Czech Republic in 4 days....thumbs up to super skoda!

I've always preferred window tinting to clip on or suckered on sun shades. Most just look naff.

Even added extra proper tint to a couple of cars where the OE tint was quite underwhelming.

I foolishly ticked the box for rear window blinds on our old Superb, but the little ones do like playing with them.

Latest Octavia will probably remain on standard tints - which are disappointingly light - as it's on PCP.

I've always preferred window tinting to clip on or suckered on sun shades. Most just look naff.

+1

Shades was my only option really as I'm in a pch and only have the car two years...the costs for tints also the fact I'll have to remove them (was told this by the dealer) before car goes back was the reason I opted for cheaper and easily removable option of blinds.

Much prefer tinting tho...!

Well as expected the sticky mounts keep comin off the rear window and looked crap anyway so managed to use one of the spare metal clips for the side windows and it's absolutely solid....keeps the blind held right up to the trim too.

post-147201-0-79989400-1480261469_thumb.jpg

post-147201-0-63613500-1480261757_thumb.jpg

Edited by vRSmiked

• 2 years later...

Interesting topic.

I've applied opaque black static cling vinyl to my Octavia estate for three years because we travel overnight to our holiday destination and my family sleep better if all the rear windows are completely blacked out. This worked particularly well last year when the only thing I did differently was to completely degrease the windows with isopropyl alcohol before applying. The vinyl has stayed in place since July 2018 even when the car was left in hot sunshine. I just adjust to having the rear windows blacked out by making more careful use of my door mirrors, as most commercial vehicle drivers have to do. This is a low cost solution (usually a roll of static cling vinyl costs around £35) but biggest issue with this method is the complete faff to cut the vinyl to the correct shape. I usually make cardboard templates first.

Since we're changing our car next week to a Kodiaq, I'm revisiting options for shading and blacking out the rear windows completely. I like the look and price of the Laitovo shades:

https://www.driveden.com/car-accessories-c1/car-sunshades-c166/skoda-kodiaq-2017-2019-tailored-window-shades-p98249

Although I see that the Sonniboy shades offer a similar product:

https://www.windesa.com/shop/en/detail/index/sArticle/5959

I figured with these, I could still completely black out the windows by cutting a cardboard template and affixing it to the metal frame with strips of double sided adhesive tape. Once we have completed the overnight journey, I could peel off the cardboard and just deploy the shade as originally designed for sun shading purposes.

Doug

Edited by --Doug--

• 10 months later...

Now I see that sonniboy doesn't offer for hatch, carshades I don't like 2 part rear end and these superskoda with non-sticking clips on rear are also not reliable, if so.For now still looking, any other top quality for hatch? 

• 1 month later...

Just installed Laitovo sun shades on hatch, difficult to install around third stop light, luckily I ordered also additional magnetic/adhesive holders, happy with result, thanks briskodas for reviews👍

IMG-20200429-144526.jpg
IMG-20200429-144240.jpg
IMG-20200429-144626.jpg
IMG-20200429-142011.jpg
IMG-20200429-144229.jpg
IMG-20200429-141645.jpg
IMG-20200429-141914.jpg
IMG-20200429-141458.jpg
IMG-20200429-150007.jpg
IMG-20200429-145519.jpg
IMG-20200429-220031.jpg

Edited by FrankLK
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/05/2020 at 11:25, FrankLK said:

Just installed Laitovo sun shades on hatch, difficult to install around third stop light, luckily I ordered also additional magnetic/adhesive holders, happy with result, thanks briskodas for reviews👍

I am after some sun shades as well, my car is the same colour as yours!

Did you get the premium or the standard shades?

Premium, I think standard type for sides is useless against sun, rear is standard mesh by default for visibility and due to hatch angled window even standard type reduces visibility more than side premium. 

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi...so for anyone that maybe comes here in search of info about superskoda shades. I ordered 3 peace shades for hatch (Octavia 3, MY16). They arrived in 3 days which is excellent. However, rear window shade does not fit.

I checked their video (which btw does not demonstrate this for my model of car but older one I guess) several times. I read on screen instructions multiple times before started. You dont have to be scientist for this kind of work. 

In short, shades are not properly cut for 3rd stop light part on rear window. Shades have very oval cut out and it goes over this plastic housing. That causes a frame to be too far away from glass so those sticker clips fell off in a few minutes. I have stuck the shade under the trim towards bottom of glass as much as its possible, still not enough.  There is no possible way to fit those on my car. Car is stock, never did anything with trim or rear hatch.

I of course contacted superskoda about it, we'll see what they say. I have not attempted rear side windows yet until I resolve this with superskoda. If nothing, i will try to improvise something, but i simply dont see how to fit those without them lumping when driving. But it all points to a wasted 100 EUR.

Edited by Tivan