Best phone for Superb

Anyone have a list of rsap compatible phones suitable for full connection to the Superb system, my phone contract is due for renewal very soon and I want to get something that will give me full function availabilty

Samsung Galaxy 3 works brilliantly with my Columbus -I only use as a phone though - no streaming MP3s the iPod's for that!

I think what you're really asking is will an iPhone 5 work ok, the answer is I really don't know but my last upgrade I chose a Sony Xperia Z and it is the dogs twitcher of a phone tbh,

Why not go into Currys or CPW, Phones 4U etc and ask if they can demo it in your car, guy in Currys did this for me when I wanted to see Mirrorlink in action from a compatible phone.

My iPhone 4S works well using BlueTooth, but I use a jack plug to connect it up to the sound system, which produces good quality audio.

Probably the best way tbh, plus not all car BT supports streaming anyway, not sure if the Skoda units do or not but the VX BT doesn't.

iPhone 5 works fine in both the carkit modes. My htc one x works ok in the less integrated mode (can't remember what it's called but it's the one that doesn't use rsap).

Both will stream music over a2dp.

I have a 2011 superb with the Columbus nav.

Jon

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think what you're really asking is will an iPhone 5 work ok, the answer is I really don't know but my last upgrade I chose a Sony Xperia Z and it is the dogs twitcher of a phone tbh,

Why not go into Currys or CPW, Phones 4U etc and ask if they can demo it in your car, guy in Currys did this for me when I wanted to see Mirrorlink in action from a compatible phone.

Thanks Does your Sony Xperia Z conect to the Message menu and give you SMS readouts

Thanks Does your Sony Xperia Z conect to the Message menu and give you SMS readouts

I'm sorry bud I can't help on that as I don't have a Skoda anymore and my Insignia lacks BT, the Z has to be put into mass storage mode in options to get the USB port on the car unit to recognise music folders for playback incase you have that issue later should you get one, I only really put it up to say what a great phone it is tbh.

My iphone 5 works well, both as a phone (thats novel these days I know) and streaming music over BT, very pleased with it.

I eventually received the approved list from Skoda customer services, absolutely useless ,most of the phone on it are 2008/2009 models and Berra no resemblance to the current phones, come on Skoda get the finger out and produce a list of the phones which are available NOW, which give full functionality , failing this surely VAG group has enough clout to approach one of the phone manufacturers and get something suitable designed

I have both a Blackberry 9320 that will connect in both RSAP and HFP profile, the latter is the best one to opt for as the RSAP will not automatically transfer a call from handset to car or vice versa but works perfectly in HFP as does a HTC Sensation. Both will also stream music via Bluetooth as well in HFP mode. I can think of nothing more frustrating then having to hang up a call every time you get into or out of the car on RSAP, HFP all the time.

Nokia Lumia 920

Fantastic phone and works very well with the Columbus DESPITE not having rsap.

Music streaming is flawless even track and album listings. Steering controls all fine etc.

The only thing you can not do that you can with the phone is start a voice to text message but you can reply with voice to one you have received.

Apart from that you get great voice call quality and a phone with great pictures and video taking ability, I hear some detractors say that there are not enough apps for windows phone 8, That may be true but I have not found myself wanting an app that was not there.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been looking at handsets for work and I can tell you about the following:

Blackberry Z10 - HFP

Blackberry Q10 - HFP

Blackberry 9900 - RSAP

Nokia 820 - HFP ( Windows 8 phones don't support RSAP)

IPhone 4,4S and 5 - HFP

Samsung Galaxy S 3 & 4 - RSAP

Samsung Galaxy S 3 & 4 mini - RSAP

Samsung Galaxy Grand - HFP

Hope this helps?

• 11 months later...

Anyone have a list of rsap compatible phones suitable for full connection to the Superb system, my phone contract is due for renewal very soon and I want to get something that will give me full function availabilty

The 2009 Superb I have connects to my Blackberry z10 very well as the latest version of the O/s for that phone does have Rsap, you have to go into configure on Bluetooth enable menu and enable it from there the phone will then save the connection when the car gives you your 16 digit code to link them together under the profile Skoda_rSAP, also the version of bluetooth it supports is a Low Emissions mode so it doesn't kill your battery like the older protocols of Bluetooth did

Another vote for the Samsung Galaxy S3 which works with rsap. This has two primary benefits to me.

1. Texts appear on maxidot and Columbus

2. Makes use of the car's phone antenna, so you get a much better signal.

My next phone HAS to connect via rsap.

I use my Motorola RAZRi (an 18 month old phone) with Bluetooth streaming no problem. Works well as a phone too, with access to my address book on the Columbus I have as original fit too. I haven't tried texts with voice readout, mind!