Detail and de-badge due tomorrow...

Just dropped my car off to an esteemed detailer (from this forum) and looking forward very much to seeing the results of the detail, correction and de-badge tomorrow evening!

Needless to say, pics to follow tomorrow! :sun:

• Like 2

The car is back from its detail and looks stunning......  :rock:

Will get onto sorting out the 1,000,000 pics i took and get some on here soon!!!

• Like 3

This thread is no good without pictures!

Haven't kept up over the last month, did you get the car back as expected or did Skoda have to do something special for you?

• Like 1

I agree  - it does need pics and they will come tonight - promise! Just got to decide which few of the 100-odd (seriously) I'm going to add!

As for the car - after two paint attempts I got it back in reasonable shape, but now that Baker21 has worked his magic on it, it looks like liquid paint!

Still waiting to hear from Skoda regarding recompense, but last I heard from them, they offered to pay part of the detail cost. Needs to be a little more than that methinks! 

Still, the car is awesome and now looks awesome too... Pics tonight - promise! (once I've finished work - 9-ish!)

• Like 2

Really very pleased with the results!

A great job done by Baker21, many thanks for all your hard work. I'm really liking the de-badged and de-stickered clean look. All I've got do now is keep it looking clean!!!

Edited by zouche
  • Like 3

Really very pleased with the results!

A great job done by Baker21, many thanks for all your hard work. I'm really liking the de-badged and de-stickered clean look. All I've got do now is keep it looking clean!!!

Get ordering all those bits and pieces now buddy :)

Loving the debadged look! I'd like to do that on mine when I get it today, but would be scared of damaging the paintwork.

The all black looks properly mean, good job!

De-Badging can be done easily if you have a heat gun / hair dryer and some dental floss.

Once you have heated the area, run the dental floss down behind the badge ensuring it's pulling on the back surface of the badge and not contacting the paintwork and as you move the dental floss down through the back of the badge and adhesive tape pull away from the paintwork to pull the badge off. Follow this up with some AS Tardis or equivalent Tar and Glue Remover and your sorted. 

Depending on how long the badges have been on and also if you mark the paint during the removal may or may not require the use of a machine polisher afterwards to leave a nice finish :)

Have I missed something here? Was the car damaged? You make reference to stickers. Whats the back story to having your paint sorted? Could maybe point me in the direction of another thread if there is one....

Your Fabia looks great.

• Like 1

Have I missed something here? Was the car damaged? You make reference to stickers. Whats the back story to having your paint sorted? Could maybe point me in the direction of another thread if there is one....

Your Fabia looks great.

Have a read:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/276391-vrs-picked-up-today-great-car-not-a-great-dealer-experience/#entry3270332

• Like 1

Your Fabia looks great.

Yeah, it's quite a saga... As far as the stickers are concerned, I had the ones under the side repeaters (the IIRC ones) and the one from the rear window taken off - very pleased with those removed. You would never know they were there.

Get ordering all those bits and pieces now buddy :)

Yep, gonna have to get the card out and order my shopping list of car goodies!!  :$$$:  :$$$:  :$$$:  :$$$:  :$$$:

Edited by zouche
  • Like 1

Sorry OT a bit,

but rather than start a thread on it.

I do not fit mudflaps on my cars, but would if i had a black or white one.

?Anyone know how much these flaps cost at a dealers,

or any others the same as these but cheaper, who or where from ? Quite neat IMO.

(i should have asked at the dealers.)

• 2 months later...

Thanks very much for posting this write-up, a fascinating read. For the price I paid, I'm amazed at the sheer amount of work that was involved. It really paid off though, the car still looks great - a simple rinse, prewash, two bucket wash and dry is all I've needed to do since this detail was done and the car still looks absolutely great - the shine is still superb. I just need to get some of that blackfire stuff to top up soon I think.

Thoroughly and totally recommend Baker21 for any detailing work you need doing, top bloke and amazing work done. Thanks again mate, I'm really pleased! I really hope I'll be able to get it to you for its first birthday treat top-up detail next year!!! :)

• Like 2