Trade in Price

Gonna be saying goodbye to my vRS shortly, getting myself a Toyota GT86.

Just wanted to get people's views on an acceptable trade in price for my current car which is a 60 plate with 23,000 miles on. Anyone recently traded one in?

Been offered £8,500 by Toyota, but not sure whether I would make much more than that if I tried to sell it privately?

Thoughts please....

not sure thats a good price mate, i got offered 10k on a 61 plate, 15k miles, against a festa st which is quite a bit cheaper than what your getting

i always look on auto trader for prices of ones for sale

Not knowing much about UK prices I won't comment on that, but as a general advice I would always sell a car privately, unless you really need that car as a downpayment for the new car (i.e. short on cash) or unless you get an exceptionally good offer on the new car. You would probably get some 10-15 or even 20% more by selling it privately, depending on the car of course, and depending on your selling skills. It's more hassle, I know, and it's always nice to just swap keys and drive away with a new car, that's why most people do just that. Selling a used car is always a loosing game, and trading it in with a dealer is definitely a no-win situation.

Edited by jankph

Not that many people buying a Twincharger vRS privately though.

Many Ex Demo and very low milage 12 & 62 Plate Toyota GT86 are sitting on Forecourts around the country with 'Asking prices' as low as £20,000 even under that and can be had for well below asking prices,

(real bargains can be had for anyone with cash making an 'offer' or with a car to Trade in' that the dealer thinks they can make a good profit on.)

so looking at Autotrader gives no idea what a Dealer would give anyone as a trade in against them.

(So great used deals to be had means, possible great discounts on buying a new car.)

http://www.autotrader.co.uk

(at least 100, vRS for sale on here & a very cheap 12 plate one.)

http://www.broadspeed.com

Fabia MK2 vRS are also sitting all over the country for sale with the first cars now going out of warranty and not many buying the cars with less than a year of the original warranty on them.

Some are going at auction for well under £8,000 & Trade in offers of around £8500 seem to be where it is at.

Many Non Skoda Dealers are now becoming aware of the problems they might get landed with when taking a vRS as a Trade In and re-selling to a customer and will not take one in unless they have someplace in the Trade to move it on to..

Using WBAC is as good to see how much is being offered , then consider your car could be worth at least £600 more than that.

george

PS.

Be aware of Emissions and road tax with GT86's, (this year and then possibly changes with budgets in the future.)

164 g/km, for the Auto is £175 first year then £175

181 g/km, for the Manual is £375 first year then £220

TRD manual is 192 g/km & £475 first year then £260 

TRD Auto is 181 g/km

Just wanted to get people's views on an acceptable trade in price for my current car which is a 60 plate with 23,000 miles on. Anyone recently traded one in?

Been offered £8,500 by Toyota, but not sure whether I would make much more than that if I tried to sell it privately?

Thoughts please....

£8500 on a 30k mile 11 plate.

Thoughts please....

I will go with the others, trade-in sounds spot on, I got £8500 for my 60 plate with 50k on. love the GT86, If had more money I would have considered it when I changed! do give us some pics and a review when you get it :) (and bring it along to a meet so I can drive it! lol)

• Like 1

I will go with the others, trade-in sounds spot on, I got £8500 for my 60 plate with 50k on. love the GT86, If had more money I would have considered it when I changed! do give us some pics and a review when you get it :) (and bring it along to a meet so I can drive it! lol)

I will be sticking around on here once i get it, i think it will be the only Toyota with a Briskoda 'B' in the window! and of course ill get myself to a meet and you can give it a thrashing round! ha. 

• Like 3

doesn't the toyota have a better warrenty?

I am a Subaru fan, but have to admit I'd buy the Toyota as I believe it does have a 5 year warranty and also the dealer is a lot closer...

Every one I see on the road is a Toyota.

In the UK, it is said and proves to be true.

Toyota were allowed 90% of the allocation & Subaru 10%.

(different countries were allocated different percentages.)

why there are many more Toyotas GT86 available than Subaru BRZ

I have driven both in Automatic form and i prefer the handling of the Subaru & the looks.

Magazine Journalist seem to disagree and prefer the Toyota.

Plenty stuff online from magazines. GT86 vs BRZ

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/cargrouptests/287836/toyota_gt86_vs_subaru_brz.html

george

• Like 1

just out of curiousity why the gt86 and not the brz after all it is more subaru than toyota

The BRZ is much harder to get hold of. They are only allowed to bring one in when Toyota have sold 10 or something, that's what the dealer was saying to me, and there is a waiting list for a new one.

The Toyota gets more kit as standard with sat Nav, have to spec that on the BRZ and it's pretty pricey.

Toyota warranty is 5 years vrs Subaru 3 years which was also a factor for me.

Because Toyota build in the UK and aren't affected by import restrictions. Subaru don't, so do.

It's why they used to import LOADS of Impreza WRXs and not a lot else...knew they could shift them.

Toyota are still affected by import restrictions, but by building in the UK, they can offset those to the total sales, therefore can bring in more cars than subaru who don't build here. That's why Toyota build volume sale cars here in the UK. 

The BRZ is much harder to get hold of. They are only allowed to bring one in when Toyota have sold 10 or something, that's what the dealer was saying to me, and there is a waiting list for a new one.

The Toyota gets more kit as standard with sat Nav, have to spec that on the BRZ and it's pretty pricey.

Toyota warranty is 5 years vrs Subaru 3 years which was also a factor for me.

didnt realise there was a difference between warranties on them. I will say though the gt86 seats are comfy (sat in one at goodwood last year) unfortunately subaru werent there to try theirs, if i could afford one I'd buy one in a heart beat

Edited by kaa

Worth checking what you are told about Warranties with the Dealer or Manufacturer.

GT86 & BRZ have 5 years according to my local Dealer.

http://www.subaru.co.uk/why-subaru/warranty

both interiors where comfortable for me, and i used the paddles on the autos and liked them and the autobox.

Yet i never use them in a vRS, just the stick.

(My problem was the embarrassment of not getting out the car very neatly.)

Not as bad as in a Cayman where 2 Salespeople were required to release me from the car.

george

Not as bad as in a Cayman where 2 Salespeople were required to release me from the car.

george

lol this post is pointless without pictures, sorry i shouldnt laugh as im getting as bad now myself, god knows what i'll be like in a few more years, sometimes i feel like 90

• Like 1

Strange to compare a vRS to a GT86...only 2 doors and 2 adult seats and costs nearly twice as much.

Also the Toyota is all about great handling but rather underwhelming performance,the Skoda very average handling IMO but with good performance that's always within easy reach.

The more relevant comparison for me,since the other car in the family is a 350z,is new GT 86 versus nearly new 370z.

• Like 1

I drove a GT86 a few months ago and it was a mistake purely because every time I think about it I want one. Handling was brilliant, a joy to swap cogs in, heel and toe spot on. I wasn't allowed to turn traction control off but it felt really balanced and didn't feel as if the back end was all over the place. You could turn on throttle really easily. There are roof rack options but not from Toyota so I could still carry a kayak, seats folded truly flat even in my driving position which not even the Fabia estate can do. It's definitely on my list of what to go for next but I'd be buying used. 

What I would be faster in down my favourite roads is a tough one. vRS probably more consistently as I'm used to it and DSG but I think once I'd got used to it there wouldn't be a lot in it.

• Like 1

You can have a virtually unused, 12 plate, done only a few thousand miles GT86 on your drive for under £19,000,

hard to get a 370z for that.

george

Fair enough,I didn't know they had lost that much money.