New 2014 model Citigo

Donlon

According to the german skoda site, there are som minor updates to the 2014 model, like a small rearview mirror to keep an eye on backseat children and a front passengerseat that folds front flat.

I just ordered my Citigo Ambiance here in Denmark to be delivered in 8-10 weeks, the dealer says it will be a 2014 model but that he havent heard about these changes.

My question is, are there anybody who own a 2014 model Citigo that can confirm these changes, or are they only for some countries like germany ?

Thanks

John

Just had a similar problem with a Roomster on order. On UK orders, this child mirror is not available at all..but I think it is available on all other European models.Very strange..although I think it has to be ordered .It comes as no suprise that Skoda have not kept their dealers informed..

Shocking Skoda UK not giving us the same options as our European cousins.........surely not!

Check the other forums it happens alot! Colours options etc.

• Like 2

Skoda are pushing it as a safety option, rather than a difference of trim or colour....hence their selectiveness appears somewhat strange..

• Like 1

the changes came in at build week 24 or 28, so cars should be arriving soon so we will see if we get any changes / upgrades

my wifes new citigo not due until 1st September

Flat folding front seat would be a nice welcome. I've only just ordered my citigo - so in about 3 months time - I'll hopefully get delivered a 2014 model with FFFS (I was gonna write FFS, but that just turned out wrong :P). Now, i'm fully aware that getting a 2014 model at this time is no certainty, but I'll  be honest - I'f in 3 months time I'm delivered a 2013 model i'll be rather dissapointed.

Anyway - the rear mirror thingy - nah.. don't need it.

The question is though, I've only seen refferences to these changes here on this skoda forum. Does this mean that only the skoda gets these changes, or will these apply for the up! and Mii aswell?

Ah.. here is the link to the press-release for the 2014 model changes: http://new.skoda-auto.com/en/news/Pages/2013-05-01-model-year-2014.aspx

Here's the most important bits about the citigo:

"From June, the three-door Citigo’s driver seat will be available with Easy Entry memory function for the first time. This new function makes getting in and out the rear bench much easier as the front passenger's seat returns to its last set position. Another very practical detail is that in the five-door Citigo the front passenger seatback can be folded down. This feature enables transportation of objects up to 1.75 metres in length, further improving the car’s already generous loading volume. This is also true of the new variable boot floor, which makes the boot floor flush with the folded down rear seatback, while simultaneously offering additional storage underneath the floor. Another innovation in the Citigo is the Move&Fun multimedia system, which now provides an internet connection via the mobile phone, thus permitting retrieval of traffic updates and the like."

So.. extracted from that:

• Easy Entry seat with memory function (three-door, drivers side only?)
  • Front passenger seat folds down (5-door only), extending loading up to 1.75 m
  • Variable boot floor in the trunk
  • Internet connection to the move & fun through the phone

Edit: Found an english version of that release

Edited by loadinglevelone

Nice, the fold flat seat is an really usefull enhancement, so im a happy camper ....if it comes in Denmark, but I cant see why it shouldnt

Thanks

I have ordered a Citigo sport that is built next week, it will be a 2014 model (so the OP's car will most certainly be a 2014) my car will feature the short antenna, garmin branded PDI etc.., but I doubt that the foldable passenger front seat will be a standard feature.. It will have to be ordred, and payed for. It was not an option when I placed my order, and I placed it after the MY 2014 change took place.

I'm getting my 2014 Citigo in the beginning of August, so I'll let you know if there are any differences that I actually notice :-)

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk2

Edited by HenrietteK

Thanks Henriette, hope I get mine around that time too, if the 8 to 10 weeks the dealer promised me holds water im on the road last week in August, but Im not holding my breath ;-)

• 1 month later...

I have had my (my girlfriends) 75ps Sport for a week or two now, and it does not feature the foldable passenger front seat or the "extra mirror thingy" (it is described in the owners manual though, so obviously not a feature exclusive to the Fabia/Roomster). It has the short aerial, 16" Serpens wheels and the move and fun/PID (that is supposed to be the Garmin one) has not arrived at the dealer yet.. Looking forward to get this! 

We both love the citigo! Great little car! My girlfriend got her drivers license today, so I'm expecting the car to be used quite a lot  :happy:

I have fitted the rear wheel housing liners, front mud flaps and Osram nightbreaker + H4 bulbs. I'm considering a subwoofer of some sort if I can find one which fits under the drivers seat.

Happy motoring!!  :love:

So, and for the rest of you. Picked up the car yesterday and it looks great. To sum it up - I have the five door version, so I don't know about the easy entry. The front passenger seat doesn't fold down fully as far as I can see. The car has the smaller aerial as described. I didn't get the PID, so I'm not aware if it's the Garmin one.

/Henriette

I spoke to my dealer yesterday about the 2014 changes - he said they were usually the last persons to get information on such changes.

The fold down seat might be changes to the 2014 model. It may also be an additonal  extra option that one needs to specify when ordering.

Unfortunately the dealer did not know, and their ordering system would not be updated to show any of these changes until late 2013,

so even if it was available he had no way of ordering it yet.

I guess I'll just have to wait and see when I get my Citigo - sometime september/october.

I collected my 5dr Elegance this morning.

Although it has the short aerial, silver coloured caps on the wheels and additional picture clip on the dash, I have a Navigon branded PID, which is currently doing a large (800mb) update.

I wonder if I was given an 'older' PID?

Yes, I forgot about the clip on the dash. There's also one on the window along the drivers side - for holding a parking payment maybe. Can't decide on whether I think it's handy or ugly ;-)

• Like 1

Sorry, Henriette asked what Citigo I ordered and I replied that is is an white 60 Ambition with Leatherpacket, GO packet, cruisecontrol, sunset, extra speakers and rearwheel liners, and I have a serious problem waiting ;-)

That is one weird translation ..LOL :-)

The q was, do people in Denmark order rearwheel liners from the factory ?...don't know about those sheep leaders though :-) 

I did not translate the first post as Google came up with some rather rude words instead of 'serious problems waiting'

I quite like the Idea of Sheep leaders needing mudguards?

Yes, I forgot about the clip on the dash. There's also one on the window along the drivers side - for holding a parking payment maybe. Can't decide on whether I think it's handy or ugly ;-)

I dedicated a whole thread to my favourite clip: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/282467-my-new-car-has-arrived-at-the-dealers-but/