Why you should avoid cheap spacers!

Wowwww,

I stuck some 10mm spacers on the front of the Fabia a few months ago. I had nothing but bother with wheel wobble, noise etc.

I took the spacers off yesterday to find these remaining:

9BAF4F03-D29A-4B7C-B180-C64B5C012671-324

They were fitted properly and I had my wheels balanced and tracking etc done. I didn't expect them to be utterly dangerous!

They should be expensive as they have the "self weight shedding" I suppose your wheel would never fall off as the bolts are holding the wheel and the spacer to the hub.

BUT, I would expect them to be a little more robust than your pictures suggest.

• 5 months later...

Hahahahaha I'm bumping this because same thing happened to me!!

After a long and childish argument on eBay which wasn't over the spacers but more over this

6931B55E-8A8C-4DEB-9F2F-18A66C0AF4AC_zps

B6684007-404F-4A53-8583-878078EC4B2D_zps

That's about 10 weeks after fitting, and they had the cheek to blame me for using chemicals to clean my wheels! Which of course makes perfect sense to strip off the 3 layers of FK1000 after the effort of applying it lol!

Are bolt on's better or bolt through types? What do people recommend?

I had bolt on 20mm ones and they were awesome! Bolt through ones are fine so long as you stay away from Creation Motorsport and their Micky mouse metal! Even my Dad laughed when I showed them to him!