Most amount of miles seen to a tank!

What is the most amount of miles anyone on here or anyone knows that has got out of their Octy VRS?  I am still very new so don't know what to expect from mine. I know my Saph Cossie at best (£71 V-Power fill up) has managed 241 miles and at worst 98 miles!

During my VRS ownership with a stage 1 remap I averaged 29mpg day to day, but if giving it some beans that could drop drastically.

Once on a run from Cardiff to St Austell (4 up with luggage & sticking to speed limits) it read an astonishing 47mpg on the computer, but in reality I worked it out to 43.8 mpg which I thought was very impressive. None of my other 4 1.8T's ( all stage 1) could achieve that except for my 6 speed mkiv Anniversary!

With a remap would a VRS if driven the same as I drive mine now, so with ease mostly as in changing gear at around 3k and the occasional blast be a lot worse on fuel as in a big difference?  With my Cossie since she has been tuned to where she is now at 329bhp from her original 204bhp is a huge difference, no matter if I drive her like Miss Daisy she gulps fuel!

Driven normally all my remapped 1.8T's have achieved better mpg than the standard map. 

Thats interesting.......Maybe I should get mine mapped!  Being very new to this scene, does a map make a noticeable difference in performance?  I have been on the Ford tuning scene for over 20 years so please excuse my knowledge on these engines!

1.8T is seriously undertuned in OEM form, & I can't imagine having a VAG 1.8t without remapping it. Totally transforms them, & a very big difference in performance. :devil:

• Like 2

I get actual (computer indicates higher than actual) fuel consumptions of between 36-40 MPG doing a 100 mile trip to work at each end of the week (M1/M69/M40). That's with no remap and using whatever fuel Asda put in their pumps ;) My best runs would've meant getting nearly 450 miles out of the whole tank.

This may be a bit OT, but does anyone know why the trip computer seems to over-estimate efficiency by about 7%? My parents have a mkIV golf which gets the consumption spot on, so have Skoda deliberately added a bias into their systems?

Its the same in the VAG diesels... computer in mine always puts it at 4mpg over what ive calculated...

I dont why the Skodas do it tbh..

You can adapt the computer with VCDS to get a more accurate reading, but it's ages since I've done it & can't remember the process.

Edited by pauldazzle

1.8T is seriously undertuned in OEM form, & I can't imagine having a VAG 1.8t without remapping it. Totally transforms them, & a very big difference in performance. :devil:

Thanks Paul.  Next job to be done is a remap!  I think there is a group called R-Tech that do VW maps.......Going to do a Google search now :)

On the work week I did 412 mile.

And could always do it without tge light coming on unless I flew to work if late.

Now in my fabia I get 2 weeks out of it and squeez 54l in it regular. Found a slightly shorter way to work tho.

• Like 1

I have just managed 330 on a run from Plymouth to goodwood and back for the festival of speed.sitting anywhere from 80mph to 130mph.

130mph........So these VRS Octy's have a nice top speed then!  I am more than happy with the 0-60 as mine must be doing it in the mid 7's, although a re-map next fo me!

Thanks Paul.  Next job to be done is a remap!  I think there is a group called R-Tech that do VW maps.......Going to do a Google search now :)

Yes, R-Tech, Shark, Revo etc would be my preference.

• Like 1

I have just managed 330 on a run from Plymouth to goodwood and back for the festival of speed.sitting anywhere from 80mph to 130mph.

I'd be cautious of posting anything like that on a public forum Dude.

• Like 1

200bhp shouldn't be hard to get. It's important that your boost vacuum pipes & DV are in good nick though as remaps have a habit of showing up any weakness.  A reputable tuner will usually check all that though before proceding.

The power delivery is completely different, & you won't believe the difference it's huge.

200bhp shouldn't be hard to get. It's important that your boost vacuum pipes & DV are in good nick though as remaps have a habit of showing up any weakness.  A reputable tuner will usually check all that though before proceding.

The power delivery is completely different, & you won't believe the difference it's huge.

Thanks Paul

As for DV, I don't seem to have one on mine!?  My Cossie has a Forge one.