Late night eBay = Skoda ownership

Skunkola

:happy:  What a beauty! I see you are in Essex so can't be a million miles from me. I know one of the previous owners of your car, fellow Skoda Owners' Club member in Kent. Great to see it about.

• Like 1

Brilliant. Please to see where this car went. I love it. It looks solid enough - personally I wouldn't worry too much about sorting the paintwork out as it has a lovely patina that takes years to procure. An excellent way to combine wine and eBay! 

• Like 1

:happy:  What a beauty! I see you are in Essex so can't be a million miles from me. I know one of the previous owners of your car, fellow Skoda Owners' Club member in Kent. Great to see it about.

Ah that may well be the person who imported it in 2005. I'm in sunny Holland-on-Sea (well it's sunny everywhere at the mo!)

Brilliant. Please to see where this car went. I love it. It looks solid enough - personally I wouldn't worry too much about sorting the paintwork out as it has a lovely patina that takes years to procure. An excellent way to combine wine and eBay! 

Yeah I'm fine with the paint, a lovely patina as you say.

It was one of my more successful drinky eBay moments. Back in Feb I bought a Honda C90. It's just sitting in the shed.

• Like 1

Ah the joy of Ebay....good purchase though, the S110 is a great car. The deadness will be the steering box, I don't know if it's possible to cure it but Boroskoda who sells on ebay has a brand new one for sale (he takes it on and off randomly but AFAIK he hasn't sold it). SkopartsInt will be able to find you most spares but I believe bodypanels are getting hard to find now. Yours is the 2nd S110 that's been on EBay in as many months (other was a tidy beige one with some tuning and Estelle alloys).....like buses - none for ages then 2 come along at once! :hi:

The old owner of your car is here - http://s3.zetaboards.com/skodaforum/topic/7635436/1/#new

Edited by hawkeracing

Looks great, would machine polish up well with some effort-surprising what a buffer and 3M fast cut can do as long as you don't burn through the paint  :thumbup:

Looks great, would machine polish up well with some effort-surprising what a buffer and 3M fast cut can do as long as you don't burn through the paint  :thumbup:

You'd be surprised how soft the old communist paint is....you can rub an Estelle of S series down to undercoat in 10 minutes with some T-cut!

I think any attempt to tidy it up will spoil the 'as is' look of the car. Very tempted to rub it down, smooth out the lumps and bumps and paint it in red oxide and let it carry on looking scruffy. 

However, that would be a long and painstaking process for winter nights and 'strong' tea  :drunk:

• Like 1

You'd be surprised how soft the old communist paint is....you can rub an Estelle of S series down to undercoat in 10 minutes with some T-cut!

Saves on sand paper  :giggle:

does it look similar to this 2737746011_f857630b5e.jpg ?

If it's driveable and you can get there, you should come along to the Briskoda national meet at Shakespeare raceway, Gaydon, Warks on Sunday 28th from 9am :)

??????

I thought it was the Gaydon Heritage Centre

GTi International was at Shakespeare Raceway

??????

I thought it was the Gaydon Heritage Centre

GTi International was at Shakespeare Raceway

I was a bit confused too ?

yes, my mistake,,,,,,,,,,,it was late and I was hot :(

Ah the joy of Ebay....good purchase though, the S110 is a great car. The deadness will be the steering box, I don't know if it's possible to cure it but Boroskoda who sells on ebay has a brand new one for sale (he takes it on and off randomly but AFAIK he hasn't sold it). SkopartsInt will be able to find you most spares but I believe bodypanels are getting hard to find now. Yours is the 2nd S110 that's been on EBay in as many months (other was a tidy beige one with some tuning and Estelle alloys).....like buses - none for ages then 2 come along at once! :hi:

The old owner of your car is here - http://s3.zetaboards.com/skodaforum/topic/7635436/1/#new

Tried registering with that board but am having no joy thus far. Will keep at it.

Named the Skoda Dagmar, not sure why but there it is, and she is still great fun to drive.

That would be me then! I owned her from March 05 to May 11, when I stupidly ebayed her for the reasons in the link. I acquired her in a straight swap for a Rapid Cabriolet that I owned at the time, which went to start a new life in CZ. In my ownership she was used sparingly in fair weather only, and was kept in a lock-up for a lot of the time. She was remarkably solid, and proved very reliable. Memories include explaining to a boss at the time what the "funny little Noddy car" was that I had turned up for work in, and the look on the face of a Czech lorry driver on the M25 who nearly fell out of his cab with excitement! Does she still have the faded red seat covers straight out of a Czech accessory shop? Have you discovered the natty security battery cut-off? Note the mph speedo which a mate changed for me (original was in kms).

On the downside she did not have the dented rear wing then. That must have happened more recently :-(  The dodgy patch on the engine lid was always there though.

I can recommend Skoparts International for any parts needed, and Daverapid on here for any work. Between them they have it covered in keeping old Skuds alive in the UK.

I hope you derive as much pleasure from her as I did :-)

Heh I am indeed, it's brilliant to drive.

The cloth has gone but it did it's job, the seats are in pretty good condition. The electrical switch is a cool feature as is the dash switch for the interior light.

Thanks for telling me about the speedo, it was puzzling me a bit.

Thanks for getting in touch :-)

Oh, I can't seem to use the forum on the link, I signed up but every page gives an Error Code: 1003:502057