v a t free deals

The sales man tells me not for a while, they are currently doing interest free which if your financing actually works out a bit cheaper over the period

They have recently removed the VAT free deals on all cars that them.

Don't expect them back for a bit (or ages) as the 0% finance is the new brand wide (and much simpler) thing.

Personally, I'd forget the 20% off vat offers, I doubt you'll see them anytime soon, if at all.

Good in some respects as it will hopefully help boost residuals but ultimately I am still uncertain on PCP. I can see the draw in the low repayments but you essentially become locked in to the manufacturer (you still have a choice, but not much of one). Now if it were 0% on conventional finance that would be much better :)

Good in some respects as it will hopefully help boost residuals but ultimately I am still uncertain on PCP. I can see the draw in the low repayments but you essentially become locked in to the manufacturer (you still have a choice, but not much of one). Now if it were 0% on conventional finance that would be much better :)

I believe the new Skoda offer is 0% finance, as long as you don't put down a deposit of more than 30%.

Just a side note Jerry. There are currently 2 0% options available, 0% Hire Purchase (same as last quarter) 2 years minimum 50% deposit and the 0% PCP up to 3.5 years.

Yes the PCP does have an end payment BUT this can be reduced. The monthly payments will go up but the end payment will be reduced accordingly. It's swings and roundabouts though, do you pay for example £200 p/m and have a GFV of £10,000 or £300 and have a residual closer to £7,000? <----- rough figures and not legally binding  ;)

Possible food for thought and hope it helps.

Lee

• Like 2

none of the above are any good if you buy your car cash.pcp is no good and I hate doing fiancé deals

Why use your own cash which could be invested and earning money for you when Skoda are loaning you their money in effect free of charge on PCP and you get three years free servicing thrown in as well? It's a no brainer surely?

• Like 4

none of the above are any good if you buy your car cash.pcp is no good and I hate doing fiancé deals

hoggy a,

I agree with you re cash deals.

However what's this new thing where you buy a car using your loved one? Swop your missus for a new Skoda. If I did that, I'd end up with mega mileage Favorit.

• Like 2

totally agree Timoctav, I have £10k to use as a deposit but due to the 0% offer I am going to put about £1500 deposit and invest the rest for 3 years, I may as well gain a wee bit of interest on it.

• Like 2

Just a side note Jerry. There are currently 2 0% options available, 0% Hire Purchase (same as last quarter) 2 years minimum 50% deposit and the 0% PCP up to 3.5 years.

Yes the PCP does have an end payment BUT this can be reduced. The monthly payments will go up but the end payment will be reduced accordingly. It's swings and roundabouts though, do you pay for example £200 p/m and have a GFV of £10,000 or £300 and have a residual closer to £7,000? <----- rough figures and not legally binding  ;)

Possible food for thought and hope it helps.

Lee

Thanks Lee

Hadn't seen or heard anything about the 0% HP, is it across the board or restricted to certain models/level of trim?

Also hadn't considered lowering the GFV, how much below can this be reduced?

As a Fleet buyer for an SME the current 0% deals does not apply. So for a Business like ours that has 20 + Octys Skoda UK have totally alienated a loyal customer.

Current best deal I can get is 14% on four Elegance spec cars. But the VRS I doubt I will get anything like that.

Thanks Lee

Hadn't seen or heard anything about the 0% HP, is it across the board or restricted to certain models/level of trim?

Also hadn't considered lowering the GFV, how much below can this be reduced?

The 0% HP over 2 years is on the Octavia, I can only assume that it will also be on the VRS.

Our finance system isn't showing the VRS yet, but based on a £24k Yeti that went out last week the GFV was ~ £1,500.

Our finance system isn't showing the VRS yet, but based on a £24k Yeti that went out last week the GFV was ~ £1,500.

Wow, I didn't realise the Yeti depreciated that much :) I guess you meant £15,000 for the GFV.

What term was that over (years/miles)?

Wow, I didn't realise the Yeti depreciated that much :) I guess you meant £15,000 for the GFV.

What term was that over (years/miles)?

Nope £1,500  :)

Admittedly the monthly payments were quite large, but should the customer look to change there will be a lot more equity come (nigh on) 3 years, or should they look to keep the car, £1,500 isn't a vast amount to find at the end either.

Contract was 3 years @ 10K (the default setting  ;) )

^^^ Thanks Lee, penny now dropped, bit slow on the uptake today; I'll blame it on the heat.

What is the lowest you can go on a GFV? Is that £1500 or could you conceivably go lower?

If you plan on giving the car back after 3 years, is it best to have the lowest monthly payment, providing you are being realistic about your annual mileage, and a high final value so you can have cheap monthly outgoings?

Steve

If you plan on giving the car back after 3 years, is it best to have the lowest monthly payment, providing you are being realistic about your annual mileage, and a high final value so you can have cheap monthly outgoings?

Steve

Agree you want the highest GFV to give you low repayments but if you are going to keep yourself in cars using this method you are always going to be paying the depreciation at its highest values. Changing car every three years, for a car priced like the new vRS, will cost you 4K ish per year (approx 12K depreciation over 3 years) just for the car.

Edited by Zillio

As a Fleet buyer for an SME the current 0% deals does not apply. So for a Business like ours that has 20 + Octys Skoda UK have totally alienated a loyal customer.

Current best deal I can get is 14% on four Elegance spec cars. But the VRS I doubt I will get anything like that.

Try talking to your local Lombard (RBS) team. They are really keen to do asset finance deals at the moment. When I mentioned an 8% deal on a single car recently they were sure that they could beat that. As usual however you never know if it is true until you put the deal to them.