Rear fog swap R-L?

Fog light with LED lights swapped over by dealer using computer - cost 40 euros which is better than splicing into wiring loom IMO.

'Geführte Fehlersuche Nebelschlussleuchte Programmiert' is what to ask for.

• Like 1

So they couldn't just activate the other fog light so you have both on?

This then saves having to do it again at a later stage.

I really don't understand why they can't just set them to have both on from the factory, they can't mask the brake lights as you have the LED high-level brake light.

My Superb has two working fog lights and I was able to turn on both rear fogs on my MkII Octavia Scout and vRS.

The dealer that I use here is brilliant. They couldn't get both fogs to work, nor could they get the cornering fogs to work either - the work also took much longer than the labour quoted on the invoice, but I guess it was in their interest for repeat business. It was suggested that I try again in a few months when the coding is more widely available.

• Like 1

The dealer that I use here is brilliant. They couldn't get both fogs to work, nor could they get the cornering fogs to work either - the work also took much longer than the labour quoted on the invoice, but I guess it was in their interest for repeat business. It was suggested that I try again in a few months when the coding is more widely available.

I picked my Elegance up yesterday from Canterbury with Bi Xenons (Which I switched myself using the computer and they passed the light test - coz that could have been pricey!!) however, the rear LED fog light failed, although I had arranged for Canterbury Skoda to do it which they said they had done however on closer inspection today its not been done - great! So I'm glad you've posted the above, I can now get down to my local dealer with all the relevant info and get it booked in.

Many thanks

Richie

Ritchie. I checked mine was changed over when I was there on mon and Dan admitted they took ages trying to work out how to do it. they thought it was going to be a wire again but it was done by the laptop, and I got charged 130 bucks for the privilege!

However I love the car!

I've just picked up my elegance estate today to find the same thing, tourist mode switches the bi-xenons but leaves the fog light as it is! Pretty annoyed as I paid the dealer to switch it over (another BFG'er here...) so no doubt it will have to be a chat with my friendly local dealer in Germany. Luckily I've been going to them for the last 3 years anyway!

Oh and I'll be getting a refund from the dealer in the UK too!

So, to confirm, there are two rear fog lights fitted but only one is active?

What sort of Mickey Mouse setup is that? :wall:

What's the workaround to get two fog lights operational on a £24k top-of-the-marque car?

Bump anyone?

Or is this one of those "let's sweep it under the carpet and hope no-one notices that the Skoda VRS diesels have not only a fake exhause pipe but a fake fog light"?

I'm starting to see why their prices are appealing..........I assume four wheels complete with tyres are going to be standard on mine?

• 1 month later...

I have just got back from my local Skoda dealer in Paderborn and they have no idea how to switch the fog lights over. Does any one remember the code needed for the computer to work its magic??

Would have thought the boffins at Skoda would have thought baout it when they decided to offer the tourist setting for the headlights :wall:

No long code has been released by Skoda, I spoke to 2 dealers in Germany and 3 in the UK. I'm currently on my way back from Bavaria but I will take a pic tonight of how they did mine, it's very simple and as it's only 2 wires is a 2 min job!

Essentially they pulled the 2 wires (mine had a wire in the loom for each side from factory) into the glove box, marked up left and right, cut them and fitted spade connectors. As long as the ignition is off when you swap them there is no fault code and takes me 20secs to swap them over from the drivers seat when heading back to the UK. Nothing a friendly VM can't sort out for you...however I'm a bit of a drive from you!

Mine fault coded when we tried that due to the resistance of having 2 bulbs feeding from one signal when the ECU is only expecting one. Also there are issues with legality in Germany over having both fogs switched on.

Once you see how mine has been done by Skoda you will see it's really not hard to swap back and forth.

So, to confirm, there are two rear fog lights fitted but only one is active?

What sort of Mickey Mouse setup is that? :wall:

What's the workaround to get two fog lights operational on a £24k top-of-the-marque car?

EU legislation lighting regs, only one fog light is required to meet these. Having two can make them become confused with the brake lights, especially when they are in the light cluster. Having both on, could obscure the brake lights in some circumstances, so EU says only the offside is required by law. Virtually all manufacturers only fit one rear foglight, even though the clusters may have the bulbs in.

Was hoping not to have to start cutting wires, this should all be achievable by using the computer settings and the correct coding.

Yeah I completely agree, especially as it took all of 2 minutes for me to discover that the loom exists for both sides when Skoda said it didn't! I have the older VAGCOM system up to OBD II, so fully aware of what can be achieved, it comes down to the fact that Skoda won't release the coding to their dealers. How much longer do you have to BFG your car? Might be worth sticking out to see if you can get the coding and failing that have it cut as a last resort.

Got until middle of Jan so am in no rush to start cutting yet. There have been a few comments about it being done already from one owner in Fallingbsotel, but he has not replied to me yet :sweat: . Hopefully someone will find it and let us know. It's not like i am trying to change anything drastic on the car

I had mine done by the dealer before I even picked it up. they thought it was going to be wires but it was done by the computer ( Motorline Canterbury)

I'm in the Same Boat as you Guys i asked the Dealer (motorline Canterbury) to Square This away before i picked it up,on Collection it was assured it was done it turns Out it was't. Should of checked before i left !!!.

Went to the main Dealer in Bielefeld who was'nt sure if it was a Laptop Or rewiring job Cars Booked in tomorrow, guess i'll find Out then. This has slightly soured my"new car experience" i think Skoda have made a boo boo with this issue. Do you reckon motorline would be willingless to reinburse me- i think not.

Newbie, when the work was done, did they use the computer or cut the wiring loom and rewire the other fog light? Matty70, it would be hugely appreciated if you could post back on here when the work is complete so that everyone one else who has this drama can finally put this stupid issue to rest. Many thanks in advance :@

Newbie, when the work was done, did they use the computer or cut the wiring loom and rewire the other fog light? Matty70, it would be hugely appreciated if you could post back on here when the work is complete so that everyone one else who has this drama can finally put this stupid issue to rest. Many thanks in advance :@

The swap is done via dealer laptop. My post on page 1 of this thread gives the info. Had mine done by the dealer in Isslehorst (halfway between Gutersloh and Bielefield) approx 6 weeks ago.

• Like 1

The swap is done via dealer laptop. My post on page 1 of this thread gives the info. Had mine done by the dealer in Isslehorst (halfway between Gutersloh and Bielefield) approx 6 weeks ago.

Cheers Black_Sheep, i might have to take a trip to Isselhorst then as my dealer here in Schloss Neuhaus just looked at me funny when I told him that! Might go back in and get them to ring the dealer you used and see if they can't sort it out. Getting a bit peeved now with being fobbed off by everybody about such a trivial thing that Skoda should really be all over it.

I don't think that it is an official Skoda fix - the techs are just good at recoding the controllers due to the fact that it is a VW / Audi / Skoda dealership and use their experience on the other marques.