Squeaky Windows

In this heatwave my windows, mainly drivers side, has been whining more than Kim Kardashawotsit...

How can I fix it?

Sent from my Xperia Z using Tapatalk

Yours & mine both lol

Do a search bud I have seen it mentioned a few times over the last few days with all the hot weather.

Try cleaning the horizontal rubber that the outside of the glass rubs against on its way up/down.  Do this by putting the glass all the way down, wetting the surface that you can now access, and then running a plastic scraper or similar along from one end to the other. 

A fair amount of grubbiness may well come out of the 'fabricky' coating that the rubber has, and if you're as lucky as I was, the window movement will be silent afterwards.

Washing up liquid should fix it if its the rubber.

I would of thought this would be a bad idea? Would it not try out the rubber and start causing it to crack?

I would of thought this would be a bad idea? Would it not try out the rubber and start causing it to crack?

Well I can't imagine a bit of washing up liquid on the inside of the seal would cause anymore damage than years of sun, water, salt etc.

It works that's all I know :/

Any how Sonix you free at all next week? I wouldn't mind anti hijack enabling if you can for beer tokens or sutin?

Well I can't imagine a bit of washing up liquid on the inside of the seal would cause anymore damage than years of sun, water, salt etc.

It works that's all I know :/

Any how Sonix you free at all next week? I wouldn't mind anti hijack enabling if you can for beer tokens or sutin?

Yeah I can spare sometime bud, Will only take 5 minutes so whenever next week is good for me.

Yeah I can spare sometime bud, Will only take 5 minutes so whenever next week is good for me.

Im having a little holiday at the moment in Reighton will get in touch when am back in the area :)

Mine squeaks too! Bit cooler today and hasn't done it. I don't mind the squeaking apart from when people turn to look at what that god awful noise is - then I mind!

• Like 1

Mine squeaks too! Bit cooler today and hasn't done it. I don't mind the squeaking apart from when people turn to look at what that god awful noise is - then I mind!

lol... Been doing this for the last couple of weeks at work. Drive away in a red hot car and as soon as I leave the compound then wind it down!  :rofl: