A flurry of Yetis

dbg400

Loved to have been there but a hell of a journey for me I'm afraid :(

Same goes for me.   :(

GREAT photos though, and I'm glad you all had a good time. :yes:

Maybe Andy and I can get together for next years meet and come up in mine or his car and share the petrol costs. :)

Would you be interested in that Andy??

(assuming you can stand my TERRIBLE sense of humour)   :giggle:

• Like 1

Well the last Briskoda event there was in 2009.... So I'm not sure there will be one next year.

Great pictures DBG400!

I'll post mine in due course.

Amazing what a steady 70mph convoy drive there and a three Yeti 65 to 70 mph convoy coming back does to my average fuel consumption:

992923_10151464695511324_1793950514_n.jp

So my Yeti's thirst is purely due to my right foot.  That is the best consumption I've ever had in Yeti on a long trip.  But then the car was not loaded, just me with no passengers and a very light foot to keep "in convoy".   :giggle:

I hear there were a few red faced 2 wheel drive Yeti owners who got stuck on the dry grassy bank??   :blush:  :blush:

(Hangs head in shame) - yup, that was me :blush:  Young Dennis was a bit out of his league when it came to that mighty grass bank! Many thanks to the white Yeti '4x4 Surrey Rescue' driver who advised me on how to get out of that pickle.

The other red Yeti there was four wheel drive so he had no problem leaving the scene of the crime.

We had a fantastic day (the photoshoot was an unexpected bonus) so thanks to Johann and anybody else who helped in the organisation of the shoot plus Colin and team (if he had a team) for organising the day.

• Like 3

That's because they went off road  :giggle:

Ma'am, that's fightin' talk! :devil:

I would challenge you to a duel but as they normally take place in a damp, boggy wood at dawn I think I've proved today we'd both get stuck as soon as we left the gravel track  :sweat:

Not much call for 4 wheel drive in the middle of Hertfordshire hence my choice of the 'Octavia in a pretty frock standing on tiptoes' model :giggle:  

• Like 1

I'm on your side Darren.

My comment was a tongue in cheek reference to the 2wd/4wd thread  :giggle:

I know you were, I was just teasing  :giggle:

I hadn't read the 2WD/4WD thread until you mentioned it - I see you've had to fight for us '2 wheelers!' I would have loved 4WD on Dennis (regardless of whether I really needed it or not) but as I would still have wanted DSG this would have made the car another 4 grand more expensive - I was stretching my budget as it was :(

• Like 1

(Hangs head in shame) - yup, that was me :blush:  Young Dennis was a bit out of his league when it came to that mighty grass bank! Many thanks to the white Yeti '4x4 Surrey Rescue' driver who advised me on how to get out of that pickle.

The other red Yeti there was four wheel drive so he had no problem leaving the scene of the crime.

We had a fantastic day (the photoshoot was an unexpected bonus) so thanks to Johann and anybody else who helped in the organisation of the shoot plus Colin and team (if he had a team) for organising the day.

That would be me.  :hi:

No problem at all - simples really, reverse up the slope - weight transfer to back = driven front wheels.

Mike

• Like 2

I posted some of my pics to the general picture thread as noted above.  And three here that I did not post there:

970161_10151464692911324_1069934454_n.jp

968852_10151464693481324_2147374656_n.jp

970649_10151464692016324_1590036897_n.jp

• Like 1

All in all we had SEVENTEEN Yetis there!  YetiYeti arrived early with us but scurried off after 30 minutes and another white Yeti (ex Golf R32 owner, but the profile escapes me now...) arrived late.

One lonely white 8 day old Yeti missed all the announcements Colin made, as well as by the reception staff inside the museum, so was not photographed with us on the hill.  Awh. But she was moved into the circle right at the end so hopefully her owner will post these pics to show she was there too!  So in total there were five white Yetis.  We missed Tangerine Orange, Russo Brunnelo, Shark Blue and Regency Green - but had all the other colours present I think.

TWO Yeti owners also found out they have the exact same registration number bar the first two digits (so the last FIVE digits matched exactly!)

Same goes for me.   :(

GREAT photos though, and I'm glad you all had a good time. :yes:

Maybe Andy and I can get together for next years meet and come up in mine or his car and share the petrol costs. :)

Would you be interested in that Andy??

(assuming you can stand my TERRIBLE sense of humour)   :giggle:

Perhaps you could pick me up in your Tardis and 'restore a bit of peace in the galaxy' on the way! :happy:

I did hide your numberplate just in case you didn't own up or want lifelong notoriety fame though Darren! ;)

You know what they say about a good photo - being in the right place at the right time - or in your case; being in a 2wd car on a hill and someone watching with a camera!

• Like 2

Unfortunately the best angle to read meant that there was a lamppost in the way, but it still works -very entertaining to watch this coming together

Yes we failed to see the lamp post when we started...  oh well.  A time delay video from the opposite side would have been great!  I could have looked something like this.   :giggle:

• Like 1

I like the idea, great effort but it sort of reads Y E T I.

You needed 3 more cars to get the scale right.

O C T A V I A  or R O O M S T E R would have been a lot more challenging though. :D