Does it blend? i mean fit!

HI guys, back again to ask those annoying questions you all love :p.

My pre-facelift fabia has the boring reflector type headlights, and i am looking into buying some DEPO projector headlights to replace them, so i can tint them to look like the monty ones :).

any ideas whether the plug connectors are the same or will i have to do some modding to get them wired in?

many thanks.

Edited by vigyaz

Nope monte wont fit but im sure you can find an aftermarket one which is similer style but the fabia pre ace did have projectors on some specs just not black ones

Thanks for the reply mate, i have found some aftermarket ones from a company called DEPO, with 32KOFDATA's assistance. he too was unsure though whether you could retrofit projector headlights on a fabia built with reflector headlights, maybe skoda would be able to help me out on this one?

I think it will be a wiring issue.

As i think the pre face lift with reflector headlights used a H4 twin filament bulb for high and low beam.

Where as the projectors use two h7s i would buy a cheap used pair and plug and play is money allows.

The projectors in mine have one bulb for high and low beam. I was going to say the opposite to the above. Can the op advise if the standard headlights have one or separate bulbs for high and low beam.

Hi kammy, according to the interwebz, my headlights use a H4 which is a dual filament lamp. in which case if as you say the projectors also use a single twin filament surely it should be an easy swap? even if the projectors are 2 seperate lamps though, i would imagine it isnt that hard to rewire so that i could install the projector headlights?

or maybe the canbus would throw up an error?

Honestly not sure about the canbus error thing. All I'm saying is my projectors have 2 bulbs. One for side light and the other for high and low beam. I'm not sure on how to post pics on here but if u pm me your email I can email u some pics of the back of my headlights so u can see what connections they have.

Bah! :sweat: , spoke to skoda and they said that it wouldnt be possible for me to retrofit projector type headlights to my furby as the wiring loom for the reflector type headlights is completely different from the projector ones, the guy mentioned that there would be problems with dipping the headlights or something along those lines? perhaps hes reffering to the automatic leveling facility?