spare wheel

Damo

Hi

Couple of quick questions

Does the spare in the Sport with 15" alloys still have a 14" space saver?

Does anybody know if the wheel well would take a full size alloy?

Cheers

Damo

I would think it would take a 15" rim, if there is a 14" space saver in there the profile of the tyre will make it the same height as the 15

Does that make sense 

That is not always the case with space savers, but I don't know how it applies to the Citigo.

That is not always the case with space savers, but I don't know how it applies to the Citigo.

Don't think Skoda use a proper Space Savers ( like a motor bike tyre )  think they just use smaller rims

My Vrs runs on 18" rubber but the spare is a 16", it stands the same height due to the tyres profile

I don't know if it's 100% relevant to your original enquiry but my Citigo Elegance was ordered with the Style Pack 2, 15" silver Auriga alloy wheels which also comes with a 14" steel spare wheel etc.  I presume that the Sport will have the same equipment?  As you can see from the pics, it's not a space-saver wheel/tyre combination but a full size (albeit 14") item.

9419361715_af53959d36_b.jpg

9419316523_009b623288_b.jpg

9419343473_0e97d803bd_b.jpg

Edited by JimmyR
  • Like 2

Which make of tyres are standard fit on the Elegance and Sport,the tyres on the car not the spare?

I see the spare is fitted upside down in the boot because of the tools,so you need to remove it and turn it over to check the air. Is the wheel fastened in the boot  with a bolt,or just loose?

Ive just picked up a genuine citigo 14" alloy with tyre for £60, and it was local too.

Exchanged the space saver I got off ebay with him plus cash balance.

Just need a jack kit and im sorted.

Please tell me its not a generic jack for the citigo. From the looks of the sill any vag one should fit

The alloy fits in the wheel well no probs (it would even take a 15-16" by the look of it)

Anybody wanna buy the slime and compressor?

Cheers

Damo

Which make of tyres are standard fit on the Elegance and Sport,the tyres on the car not the spare?

Mine are Continental Contipremium Contact 2 185/55/15's

Cheers

Damo

Which make of tyres are standard fit on the Elegance and Sport, the tyres on the car not the spare?

Sadly, my optional Style Pack 2 Auriga alloy wheels came fitted with 185/55 x15" Bridgestone Ecopia tyres which have a particularly uninteresting tread pattern as shown below. They seem OK in the dry but I haven't been out in the rain to try them in the wet, since I collected the car on May 3rd this year.

I also have the standard set of Elegance 14" Apus alloy wheels which are fitted with175/65 x14" Continental ContiPremiumContact 2 tyres.

8679531126_0cee710f6c_b.jpg

9421866105_5533cf05ca_b.jpg

Edited by JimmyR

Mine are Continental Contipremium Contact 2 185/55/15's

Cheers

Damo

Seem to remember last week in Mitchells the showroom Sport they had on display had Bridgestone tyres fitted.

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, they are the same as the steel wheels that come as standard on the S and SE models.

I am not sure that this is correct.  I have the spare wheel and unfortunately after just a day of ownership had to use it.  It had stickers saying that it was limited to 50 mph therefore I doubt that it is a normal wheel.

I am not sure that this is correct.  I have the spare wheel and unfortunately after just a day of ownership had to use it.  It had stickers saying that it was limited to 50 mph therefore I doubt that it is a normal wheel.

Ah, but that's because your car has alloy wheels, which are not exactly the same size as the steel spare.

The handbook says:

Warning - If the dimensions or design of the temporary spare wheel differ from the fitted tyres, never drive faster than 80 km/h (or 50 mph).

I'll get my spare out and check later on, but it has exactly the same tyre on it as the rest of the wheels.

That's interesting.My Son had to use his spare for several weeks early this year.

It's a full size 165x70x14 with no sticker speed limitations on it ( The same as JimmyR's in post #5.)

Maybe the latest Citigos have smaller space saver spare wheels?

If you opt for a spare wheel, it will be a 14" steel one with a 165/70 R14 tyre on it, regardless of what wheels and tyres are fitted to the car.

Citigo S and SE models come as standard with 14" steel wheels with the same size of tyre, so there's no reason to restrict your speed if you use the spare.

However, if your car has alloy wheels with different sized tyres, there will be a slight mismatch in the rolling radius compared with the spare.

It will be very small, and the handbook is probably being over-cautious, but in such cases it advises you not to exceed 50 mph.

As can be seen in post #5 above, there are no warning stickers on my spare wheel.  However, I have never removed the spare wheel so I cannot guarantee that there's not a sticker on the other side.  However, I would have thought that they'd have also placed the warning where it would be fully visible on the wheel/tyre as it sits in the spare wheel well too?