Honda S2000 air filter

Hi guys, don't post on here very often but just fitted an S2000 air filter to my mk1 vRS. Just onto the maf for now with a reducer. If I like it etc i'll think about getting a proper cold air pipe and sitting the filter behind the bumper. Will post back with a verdict.

Hi guys, don't post on here very often but just fitted an S2000 air filter to my mk1 vRS. Just onto the maf for now with a reducer. If I like it etc i'll think about getting a proper cold air pipe and sitting the filter behind the bumper. Will post back with a verdict.

Your experience with the filter bolted straight to MAF is going to be completely different as apposed to bolted to cold air induction pipe, so no point doing a result to be honest as it will be crud with all that hot air running into it from the engine bay buddy

Running cone filters straight on a MAF is a no no on these cars.

• Like 2

Your experience with the filter bolted straight to MAF is going to be completely different as apposed to bolted to cold air induction pipe, so no point doing a result to be honest as it will be crud with all that hot air running into it from the engine bay buddy

Running cone filters straight on a MAF is a no no on these cars.

not completely different i didnt notice a difference anyway :giggle: so much so i put it back on the maf as it sounds better :rofl: do need to sort out a proper cai setup now though :happy:

plus another thing ive often thought about the air runs threw a redhot turbo then in my case threw a big ass cooler so will leaving it on maf make any odds? i dont see it :wonder:

not completely different i didnt notice a difference anyway :giggle: so much so i put it back on the maf as it sounds better :rofl: do need to sort out a proper cai setup now though :happy:

plus another thing ive often thought about the air runs threw a redhot turbo then in my case threw a big ass cooler so will leaving it on maf make any odds? i dont see it :wonder:

The cooler the intake air the better.

The maf sensor has a intake air temp sensor built into it aswell as a flow sensor so it does affect things,

If its sucking hot air in it will reduce fuel injected to suit the hot air it getting

The maf sensor has a intake air temp sensor built into it aswell as a flow sensor so it does affect things,

If its sucking hot air in it will reduce fuel injected to suit the hot air it getting

did you just make that up? :giggle: surely the temp after the cooler is the one that is taken as the one to use??

So I took the car out for an hour or so and, well I don't like it. This wasn't a 'power' test like some of you we're assuming. It was about noise.

The car still pulled well. Always has. Had it 5 years now and give it pain daily and engine has not missed a beat. So far. So as far as a power decrease is concerned, if it does drop, it's not noticeable.

The amplified sound of the diverter valve is pretty cool but I don't like the intake sound so on goes the standard box tomorrow. Along with the removal of my briskoda sticker as once again, the attitude and arrogance of most of you on here has superseded itself again.

Goodbye ladies

The idea is to get cold dense air into the turbo as that produces better charge air. Why do you think the std airbox is enclosed, so hot air from engine is not pulled in.  Sitting in traffic whilst engine is ticking over and then pull away is a good example. That hot air that is saved up in the bay  will get sucked in and cause heat soak lag.

It has been proved many times

Up to you what you do dude, and if you are happy no worries. The NS2000 filter reoctymk1 has  is a very good price and common mod now that folks stick on the end of a CAI.   

So I took the car out for an hour or so and, well I don't like it. This wasn't a 'power' test like some of you we're assuming. It was about noise.

The car still pulled well. Always has. Had it 5 years now and give it pain daily and engine has not missed a beat. So far. So as far as a power decrease is concerned, if it does drop, it's not noticeable.

The amplified sound of the diverter valve is pretty cool but I don't like the intake sound so on goes the standard box tomorrow. Along with the removal of my briskoda sticker as once again, the attitude and arrogance of most of you on here has superseded itself again.

Goodbye ladies

Are you for real.

No one is being arrogant buddy. You post on here with your fitted mod and folks have given you there advise and experience. 

What's wrong with that. This site is pretty dam good compared to a lot of site's i sometime browse for knowledge.

shame you feel that way... 

• Like 2

yea this went exactly like i thought it would :giggle: you dont need to explain ive been thier and done it and fully understand it :giggle:

Colder in = Colder out thats common sense

was just a passing thought i had based on the link i posted. main reason i  posted was the big difference and bhp loss comments,your never going to notice it in real world terms :happy:

did you just make that up? :giggle: surely the temp after the cooler is the one that is taken as the one to use??

They dont have a temp sensor in maf for no reason,

The colder the air going in the less cooling the intercooler has to do

• 2 months later...

Just to clarify, I've done a bit on the subject lately, the only air temp used by the ecu is the inlet manifold sensor which is just after the throttle body.

The MAF technically is an air sensor but it just reads airflow in these car, when I say that it's a hotwire which air cools to give a reading of air flow which the ecu can then use to control fuelling.

Jus sayin'

• Like 1