RoadWarrior

Project%20MM_zpsam3dxcbb.jpg

The 1st August marked 3 years since I bought my vRS and I think it's time I started a project thread, especially since I've made some major changes over the weekend. So let's begin...

So, on 1st August 2010 I bought my Octavia off a colleague (who was previously a member of Briskoda), which at the time looked like this:

7l2t.jpg

Since then I've done the following:

- Viper induction kit
- Sprayed Front grille black
- Sprayed inner headlight surround black
- Refurbed alloys in Ford Graphite Grey (with white / luminous yellow trims)
- Painted brake calipers luminous yellow
- Colour coded bump strips
- Added wind deflectors all round
- Removed standard stereo and 6x CD interchanger and replaced with Sony system

It has spent most of the time looking like this:

srsx.jpg

0iq4.jpg

So, to the present day: I recently discovered that it was rusting A LOT in several different places and drastic action was required to prevent it from rotting away completely.

6k7q.jpg

I would have loved to get the car fully re-sprayed and restored, but with prices of £1000+ I simply can't afford that and I've decided that there's only one option to keep it alive. I have always loved "The Punisher" and the 2004 film (Thomas Jane) Pontiac GTO... a car that I could only ever dream of owning.

4q9n.jpg

So I've decided to turn my Octy into an "British version" of the film car. I will put updates in the next post.

Thanks for looking - T :rock:

Keywords: Mad Max Skoda Octavia vRS interceptor matte black police car teeth punisher

Edited by JackRockatansky
  • Like 2

So, to this weekend. I have spent hour upon hour prepping and restoring the car in order to prevent it rotting.

First I started by sanding the whole thing down, using Kurust to remove all the rust from the car. It was really sad seeing how much damage there was, but thankfully I think I've caught it just in time before any major problems occurred:

imc1.jpg

w5ou.jpg

Having done that, I then cleaned the surface and masked off all the whole car, as well as filling the damage with filler and then priming damaged areas:

teg9.jpg

em4u.jpg

Rattle cans would have given the car a smoother finish, but the cost (and hassle) was ridiculous. I've done a lot of reading up on "rollering" vehicles and decided I would give it a go. Even though it's not going to produce a showroom result, the examples I'd seen on the internet were enough to convince me that it would turn out ok and at least provide the car with protection against the elements. Plus, being a former TA soldier, it kind of brought back a few memories of the old Land Rover Defender 90/110 vehicles I used to ride in :devil:

Risky, but I was thinking more about rust prevention than a showroom finish.

After 3 coats and a lot of sanding down, the end result has been pretty good - a few bubbles, patches and streaks, but still a pretty damn good finish considering:

0vxs.jpg

wffr.jpg

rdz7.jpg

2q99.jpg

vxw2.jpg

I've still got a few bits to touch up, but after that I'll be putting it back together - once I've done so I'll stick up some more pictures for you to look at. All in all, a pretty successful outcome :)

• Like 1

Your nuts lol :D

Im with si tho im afraid :(

But then again we are all different , i just didnt like lexus lights on lexus

Could always blend the running lights by using lamin-x smoke

Could put subtle or smoke on the lights to hehe

But you are a mad un :)

How about oem lights and tint the reverse section if want to dim it down :)

• Like 1

I don't like them either lol - I keep trawling German eBay in search of more OEM black ones, but I can only find ones for the 1Z :( I was going to re-spray my OEM ones, making all the red black, but then I realised it'd dim the light too much. I'm still looking for a new set, it's just finding some...

The other lights you see are strobes - they used to have a purpose, but I'm getting rid. I've got to remove them and fill the holes in the bump strips (I ran out of time at the weekend). As soon as I get the time they'll be coming off.

Good man lol.

Have you tried the fly eyes stuff to your original rears? It tints them but due to the little holes still allows the same amount of light through.

Never heard of it - is it actually called that, or is there a specific name? I'm open to anything really, as long as the lights remain as black as possible to fit in with the "murdered out" theme B)

Another mod that I need to work on is getting hold of a shallow-pan sump. I'm starting to get annoyed with my sump guard hitting the floor every time I hit a tiny little stone...

Edited by Tactical 87

Right, well I've ordered the Fly Eyes kit, so hopefully that will be with me soon and I can try it out next week.

Got hold of a stencil I was after - usually found on Land Rovers, but since the car is military'ish I thought it'd be a nice addition (plus it'll break the black up a tad). Just need to visit Halfords to pick up some white paint.

5qg9.jpg

Should be sunny tomorrow, so I can touch up the paintwork as well B)

Right, well I've ordered the Fly Eyes kit, so hopefully that will be with me soon and I can try it out next week.

Got hold of a stencil I was after - usually found on Land Rovers, but since the car is military'ish I thought it'd be a nice addition (plus it'll break the black up a tad). Just need to visit Halfords to pick up some white paint.

5qg9.jpg

Should be sunny tomorrow, so I can touch up the paintwork as well B)

Yellow paint would be more like it I reckon.

And fly eyes is a doddle to use.Easier than 'normal' vinyls as you can't get

bubbles in it due to the holes. Apply with lights on car for speed but for better

finish I'd say remove them off so you can fold it around the edges.

• Like 1

Well I've gone with white, simply because The Punisher is purely a black/white thing. I'm literally waiting for the paint to dry and it'll be done.

1xhy.jpg

v7o8.jpg

I need to get my hands on a Punisher skull stencil - might have to get this custom made. I was going to use vinyl but I think it'll look much better painted on.

As for the bodywork paint - the black is now "settling in" and has lost some of its shine (as I was hoping) so the effect is a bit more matte now.

I'm hoping the end result will be something like this:

bnu4.png

...though things are always subject to change :bandit:

• Like 3

These look alright, about 6 inches by 7 and cheap as you like.

They can be applied inside the glass too as the design is fairly

symmetrical.

Rear quarters? Sunstrip? or on the front wings? 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/The-Punisher-Skull-Head-Car-Laptop-Decal-Vinyl-Sticker-For-Window-Bumper-Panel-/140893839575?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item20cded60d7

Or for something different, this,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PUNISHER-SKULL-Head-or-Tail-LIGHT-decal-etched-sticker-graphic-vinyl-brake-car-/310713636864?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4857f9d800

A bit more expensive mind.

• Like 1

I really like the second one, though I wouldn't be able to use them on my rear lights because of the Fly Eyes. If I put them on the headlights, I'm not sure if Her Majesty's Constabulary would approve. If it wasn't for the shipping cost I'd give it a go and see what it looked like, but over £10 in postage for a sticker is madness :o

As for the ones going on the bodywork, I don't want them to be too clean cut as it won't match the rest of the car. I need to get a stencil so it'll look rough 'n' runny like this:

image-buttonpundripskl-primary-shswaterm

Well the paint has dried on the other stencil and it came out brilliantly - it's come out readable, but a little rough round the edges, so perfect result.

yh4t.jpg

There's been more rain, sun, rain, sun... so the paintwork is really weathering now - it's maintained a little bit of shine, but has really flattened out so I'm a happy bunny.

7lq4.jpg

Now I need to do the following:

- Buy shallow pan sump (found a full kit for £140) and get it fitted so I can get rid of the annoying sump guard!

- Book in for a full service (and get a full health check done)

- Remove strobes and fill in holes on bump strips

- Add Fly Eyes to rear lights (and possibly front indicators as they've gone yellow :()

- Start thinking about refurbing alloys

Another good thing about a new sump will be the other possibilities it opens up...

ud6i.jpg

If you know what I mean :giggle:

Update time

The Fly Eyes kit has arrived. I've unrolled it and have put some heavy books on it to "iron out" the creases - left it overnight and they've pretty much gone, so should be much easier to apply.

dwjp.jpg

The paintwork has faded a lot more since my last update, which is absolutely awesome because my initial worries about satin being too shiny have gone. I've also found a set of Punisher skulls in the US - I can't get the stencil to work because of the nose & eyes so I've had to settle for vinyl. They are retroreflective, so add a little sparkle...

Hopefully I can get the FE kit on this weekend :yes:

grr666 - not yet, still working on what badges and centre caps to go with. Don't want too many skulls, so need to think of something ;)

Edited by Tactical 87