RoadWarrior

Thanks guys - surprising how it looked horrible when the car was silver... yet looks amazing in black :think:

I've also found another spoiler! It's one that attaches to the top of the rear window. I would try it out, but I never worked out how to attach it - trying to stick things to glass (even with the proper glass glue or tigerseal) just doesn't work... so I think I'll leave that one alone.

you could always paint the windows if you want to use it all up.

lol - there's enough splatters on there already from my shoddy brush skills :giggle:

wow that went well looks really good!! hopefully ill see it going round

have you had the health result yet?

Nope - was helping bro move into his new unit today and he's already booked up till the end of October... so it might not be until November. But hey ho, I'd rather wait and have the job done 100% perfect, than get mugged off by some dodgy garage.

What car was it off originally? quite like it

It's just a WRC spoiler from Superskoda.

New stencil on the way which is inspired by something else I love:

F-117_Nighthawk_Front.jpg

Now if only I could find a spoiler similar to that tailwing :giggle:

Ordered something shiny as well...

69e9.jpg

And if that wasn't enough, I accidentally found a company who do this:

xnog.jpg

Needless to say I want one :devil:

• Like 2

Small job today: I've finally got rid of the last bit of colour. The car is now 99.9% Murdered Out B)  (just need tints on the windows)

Before:

x1jb.jpg

ecdq.jpg

8wun.jpg

After:

c2y1.jpg

3bbm.jpg

i20m.jpg

And then someone tried to re-add some colour back to the car :giggle:

p634.jpg

The paint is actually matte black, but will need a week or so to flatten out, like the rest of the paintwork. It was also a good excuse to swap the tyres around, just in time for winter.

I've never done so much painting in all my life! :whew:

• Like 2

They would look cool just pop-riveted on to the body work.

Yeah you're right... I didn't think of that. Well the bolts I've got look pretty cool, but I think I might invest in some rivets for additional work :devil:

Tiger seal is the best invention ever.....

Exactly - and this one is black so I don't have to worry too much about it squeezing out of the edges a little!

Problem I've got now is trying to find a decent location to get a few photos (Brisky calender) but there's no where round here that has any "grim" or  worn-down places to use as a decent setting :(

There must be an old dockyard or something near you?

Nope, nothing. The only possible place I could go is a business estate (very good for photos at night) but last time I went there it was protected by security... with vicious looking dogs. I might risk it for a biscuit tomorrow night. If I don't post anything next week, presume I've been eaten :D

under sheppy bridge is cool in the evening long grass and dust!

I might have a look over that way then - sounds like it might be cool.

MORE painting today:

gfyq.jpg

zcce.jpg

b566.jpg

I decided to paint them the same colour as the wheels so the black is broken up a little (plus it makes them stick out a little more). I'm not putting lacquer on them though - that way they will weather a bit and fit in with the whole ratty theme.

I've also put a new film over my headlights to protect them. It's pretty much clear, but has a slight hint of blue, so adds a bit of colour to them at certain angles.

hadg.jpg

Hopefully get the vents drilled and fitted tomorrow, then it's photo time B)

• Like 1

Well the first 2 louvres dried during the night. They turned out brilliantly - slight shine but not enough to take away from the ratty look.

5d2a.jpg

So today involved ripping the front bumper off. I measured up where they were going to sit and drilled some holes in the bumper - little holes for the nearside and bigger holes for the offside (because of SMIC). Then after a test fit they were Tiger Sealed and bolted on.

First holes:

lxqf.jpg

Test fit:

5z9u.jpg

Little holes for nearside:

w5rs.jpg

Big holes for offside (SMIC):

ywcm.jpg

Tiger'd:

eui5.jpg

Fitted:

5cz9.jpg

The holes are perfectly covered by the metal, so no foreign objects should be getting in:

er2x.jpg

Front bumper back on:

9jzk.jpg

kbsd.jpg

So that's that. I then decided to use the rest of my Fly Eyes kit to cover up the front indicators. They were brilliant when I first got them, but they've gone a strange yellow colour. Very hard to do due to the curve being awkward, so up-close they look a bit rubbish, but far better than the horrible yellow stain.

fwg6.jpg

jhzg.jpg

...and finally, a complete front shot.

hdn6.jpg

Loads more metal work / bolting-on to come! :bandit:

Nothing to really report this week, though I am now in possession of a new stencil... which I think will go nicely over the front-offside wheel.

I've also found my CB radio antenna. I haven't fitted the radio yet, but I'm thinking the aerial may have a secondary purpose... as a flag pole! I might be ordering one of these bad boys in 5ft x 3ft :devil:

bkml.png

I've also ordered a bonnet bra. Why, I hear you ask? Well, I've never been a fan of them, however, having weighed it up and looked at several photos... with my particular paintwork and the fact that I'm turning it into a "Punisher Pirate" themed car, it will look a little bit like a sail. Well it does in my head so ssshh! :D

I'm still working out what to do with the rest of the bodywork (armour plating, etc) so in the meantime I might get myself a new backbox to help the ol' vessel sound a bit more "grrrrrr."

How about tinted windows?

That's definitely on the cards, but I think I'll get that done in the new year, along with sorting out louvres.

intresting lol

glad you realised you need some noise!

Yeah but it needs to be subtle (a nice purr) so no straight-throughs, de-cats or non-resonated kit. Everything has to be MOT passable as my Bro is very strict at test time. He only just let me get away with my sidelights :P

cxrz.jpg