What colour to order?

I am ordering a new Octavia tomorrow and I am completely stuck on what colour to get! I like the race blue, steel grey and black magic.

Out of those 3 which would you get. Bearing on mind it is not a VRS.

Also, would you pay extra for the LED tail lights?

Here's my opinion .... Based on your question!

Race blue is the best IMO forget it isn't a vRS. It's been expanded to all octys for a reason...

Steel grey is more subtle and will always sell and is a goid practical alternative.

Black is a great colour but a PITA to keep clean and scratch/swirl free so I'd forget that one on practical grounds unless you have OCD! HTH

If your getting Elegance then Topaz Brown obv - the only Elegant colour  :giggle:

Edited by PekoSI
  • Like 2

Got the race blue! Thanks for any help :-)

Nice one- what overall spec, interior colour and engine did you order? There was a rmb with the ivory interior that looked really peachy a couple of months ago. Personally I was a bit miffed when Skoda gave rbm to the masses as it has always been a vRS signature colour but wtf if there's normal octys out there just makes the vRS a bit more 'stealth' and those in the know will spot the differences anywayso it's no bjg deal. Enjoy... I'm already lusting after a mkIII vrs but not at the current price, so I'm hoping for another LE in the next 2 years or so.

Nice one- what overall spec, interior colour and engine did you order? There was a rmb with the ivory interior that looked really peachy a couple of months ago. Personally I was a bit miffed when Skoda gave rbm to the masses as it has always been a vRS signature colour but wtf if there's normal octys out there just makes the vRS a bit more 'stealth' and those in the know will spot the differences anywayso it's no bjg deal. Enjoy... I'm already lusting after a mkIII vrs but not at the current price, so I'm hoping for another LE in the next 2 years or so.

I got the 1.6.TDi SE. Bolero head unit, standard black interior. And the only thing I added was acoustic parking sensors for the Mrs. All other gadgets I will eventually retrofit. Skoda want an arm and a leg for the extras.

Think of what it will look like after a British winter. Black looks fantastic in the showroom but shows up every mark and blemish when it sees a bit of service.

My first vRS was race blue and similarly stone chips and scratches are quite easy to see. For that reason I got my next car in Candy White as it's the best colour to touch in and polish.

White looks great when kept clean but white is the new silver and every other car on the road now seems to be white.

Personally I would stick to a base colour as these are probably easier to match in the event that some damage needs a panel to be painted.

Ordered my elegance estate yesterday, originally wanted petrol blue, which is discontinued, then Rossi red, which the system wasn't allowing me to order so settled on topaz brown finally. There are dissapointingly few colours to choose from at the moment.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4