Sunroof Crack

Had discussions with our insurer about whether panoramic glass roof was included as glass claim. Upshot was that it was not, Needed a full policy claim. Hope your's is different.

Edited by bryanb

shhh, better get the wife to check her insurance, havent got a crack in the panoramic roof yet, but windscreen has cracked though  and waiting for replacement. :sweat:

Most insurance policies exclude these panoramic roofs.

I had a Civic and the roof rack load was lower with the glass roof......lightly stressed structural part of the car?

Hope it's not too expensive

Regards all

Juan

Sent from my iPhone using my thumbs

Just spoken to Autoglass. They need me to take it to a local depot. They can repair it in half a day and it will only cost me my 75 quid windscreen excess. And I can use their wired internet so no need to stop work for the afternoon. Booked for next Wed. Yay!

That is bad news!  Are they still confident that it isn't going to fail completely?  Can they not inject adhesive into the crack as a temporary fix to stop it getting worse?

Any chance you could post up a photo so we can see how bad it is.  Must admit that the panoramic sunroof was a big plus factor in my choice of the Roomster but the thought "wonder how that will stand up to flying stones" did pass through my head when I placed the order.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Now my roof strips are coming out. Autoglass replaced them after I complained but didn't fit then quite right. They hook under the screen at the front and one of them doesn't quite reach so needed sliding forward a bit. Still not quite right. I conclude they are not intended to be replaced. They hold themselves in and bend easily on install so then pop out.

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk