Mythical vRS button....

just to update this.  Mines arrived today and it doesnt have the VRS button, just a mode button.

built week 36

That's good, built last week and already at the dealers, I wonder if mine will come through that quickly?

thats possible, havent any new factory order petrols yet

Have they also managed to sort out the hatch rear spoiler issue I wonder as I heard too many of them were having issues, presumably bonding issues.

just to update this. Mines arrived today and it doesnt have the VRS button, just a mode button.

built week 36

Week 36 was last week..... It got delivered from the factory in a week???

Week 36 was last week..... It got delivered from the factory in a week???

yep, they strapped it to a secret left over Skoda owned Concorde and zipped it to the dealer ;)

about 10-11 days in all but it still needs PDI, valet etc.

f595.jpg

hmm, now im really confused

these guys on the nl forum say its a 100E option for them for the performance mode button

http://www.skodaforum.nl/forum/threads/performance-mode-selection.20301/

Can anyone whos had a vrs delivered confirm what button theyve got and if its a diesel does it sounds like theres a sound generator behind the dash?

According to our brochure it should be included :(

brochure, page 17

Performance Mode Selection. TheDriving
Mode Selection has been further enhanced
for vRS with the introduction of a
Performance Sound Generator. When vRS
mode is selected this will also change the
car's sound generatorlevels. It spreads
vibrations directly through the vehicle body
and windscreen. The frequency and volume
is dependent on the mode selected,rotation
speed, car speed and accelerator position.

Its wierd.

I have looked at interior photos of cars being sold on the continent, some if not all of them had no mode button whatsoever. The cars were TDi's

Would seem all cars sold in the UK so far have the mode button, just is not labelled vRS, simply "Mode".

I think it will come as standard on UK cars but maybe not elsewhere, wonder whether they will ever have vRS written on them

sworrall - how confident are you that your car was built last week? Given the journey it needs to take I honestly can't see how can come off the line and get to your dealer in a week.....

Edited by Neily03

My diesel vrs has the Mode button. When you press the mode button the 3 preset driving modes appear on the bolero/Amundsen/Columbus as well as the personal mode you can tailor to yourself.

Yes in sport mode there is a noise generator which does actually sound very good, not over the top or intrusive or silly even, but a nice engine note to let you know your pushing on a bit.

• Like 1

VAG use the sound generators all over the place.

99% sure there's one on my car. :(

All is not lost as they can be unplugged with no ill effect.

Just a pain to get to, being under wiper scuttle panel usually.

I hope I can get to mine because if I get the non res exhaust I want

I just want to hear that not a pretend one.

Click this to learn more.

I am curious why Skoda mention and picture a vrs button yet fit the standard mode button. Maybe someone forgot to place the order for the vrs button?

But they don't, there is no mention or photo's in any SUK brochure or documentation of any sort, at least that's meant for the public.

I know there is a PDF going round showing it but that doesn't look like it's meant for public viewing.....

Very true however the brochure does state a vrs mode rather than a sport mode suggesting something is different.

Again true but it has no mention the button having the vRS logo on it..... Hope it does though.

sworrall - how confident are you that your car was built last week? Given the journey it needs to take I honestly can't see how can come off the line and get to your dealer in a week.....

Pretty sure it was week 36 as its been that all along since I got a build week.  And technically its not 1 week. Monday 2/9/13 -> Friday 13/9/13 is 11 days which, adding a week for dealer PDI, valeting, tax/reg, etc will fit in with the 2-3 delivery from factory (although some state 3-4 weeks)

Also we checked it on the dealers screen through the stages and it showed as released from build on the 2nd sept and they told me on the 3rd sept.

Ive got the build sticker that they stick in the window which is printed I assume before the cars starts its run on the production line and this is dated saturday 31-08-13.

Note sure whether they work sat/sun but ive heard on the golf forum that the VW's get loaded onto the system on a Sat ready for build the next week.

• Like 1

Very true however the brochure does state a vrs mode rather than a sport mode suggesting something is different.

yep, and thats on the brochure which Ive had delivered to the house so its not just on a pdf.

• 3 weeks later...

Been to see mine at the dealer today, built week 37 and it has the normal mode button, no the vRS one.

So anyone able to find a part number and price for the proper button and know how hard it would be to swap?

If its too much effort i probably bother though....