My V6 Twindoor!

Leon-y-k

Nice car Leon. Really nice colour combination.

I came on here looking for nice examples/inspiration! As RedDog Jr, hoping to own a V6 Wagon at some point in the near(ish) future - to go along with my race blue VRS Octy estate.

What are your thoughts on the Skoda front lip? Any alternatives?

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hi guys! It's been a bit of a manic January and February hence why I haven't actually been on! Wile7 your superb looks fantastic! I do like the idea of a Vel Satis, I've always liked the two tone blue or green colour combo!

The v6 is in for its 60k service and also needs a new haldex pump... flagged up as a red warning when they were checking it over! £370 including VAT and the haldex oil change. It was meant to have been serviced on Friday but they ordered the wrong plugs!

Brakes are 50% worn in the front and I've popped the standard 18" wheels back on because I had a puncture on the 19"s.

I'm in two minds at the moment to either keep it or upgrade it to a combi v6 the only annoying thing is that they are no longer making them and their going to be even harder to find!

I'm currently driving around in a 1.2tsi dsg fabia! Might fix my new car syndrome by seeing if my other half can upgrade the Citigo to a Spaceback Sport!

James- I'm not sure what lip would look good I did think about hashing one up from an RS but apart from doing something bespoke the only one and rare one I can find that's not as deep as Damos is the oem one. I sometimes have to tackle some horrible lanes if I have to do a home visit at a clients so it's tricky. My old rs used to bottom out now and then!

• Like 1

Will you PLEASE LOWER the damn car!!! PLEASE MAN, PLEASE...

My treat :x

Thank you

Haha I'll give you my address and you can arrange shipping! :)

I've seen some H&R springs for around 180 free delivery. I'll see what happens after my service. Really want a combi for the panoramic roof!

Yeah, the brown is a bit Marmite, I don't mind it but prefer ivory and brown, with the black gloss instead of wood ;) 

Well my service, plugs, and new Haldex pump has been sorted! It wasn't working at all, so I'm wondering how long I've been driving with just 2wd?

But it's fixed now so that'll keep me happy for a little bit... I don't think there will be many v6 Combis out there now. The new 280bhp 2.0tsi sounds good though.

Tonight I have a long 500 mile round trip after work to Heathrow this evening to pick my Dad up... the v6 makes a great airport express  :heart:

• Like 1

Agreed with regards to the Brown, shame as the rest of the car looks good in the colour. 

Sounds like a decent drive, can I ask would the car do that one tank of fuel?

Last night I had a 7 hour and 10 minute round trip covering 520 miles, I filled up before I left, and averaged 27.7mpg. It's a shame the tank isn't bigger, but I think I covered 300 miles to a tank yesterday usually I can get about 400 to a tank I think, but I don't always fill it up usually it's always half a tank.

If I wasn't in such a rush I can get 30-32 on a good run but usually I'm running late!  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Received some new badges in the post yesterday for my tired wheels - time for a refurb and new tyres! 

I love the polished look but as soon as it's dirty they just look tired and I have no love for them... So I'm wondering what colour to get them powdercoated, I think the new badges would look better than the make do ones I had... 

Had a chat with some people to spray my splitter it's around £160 inc fitting and VAT seems reasonable I think? But I may have to wait up to 1 month with most of the guys I've asked - I think I might struggle waiting that long?

2015-04-12%2B13.57.47.jpg20150412_135932_resized.jpg

• Like 1

£40 a wheel for a full & proper powdercoat job, including tyre removal and re-fit does sound very cheap. Have you seen refurbs that they've done for others?

£40 a wheel for a full & proper powdercoat job, including tyre removal and re-fit does sound very cheap. Have you seen refurbs that they've done for others?

£40 a wheel? That's cheap! I was talking about my splitter for £160 sprayed and fitted :)

It's hard with Ivory & Brown! 

I do like this look though... 

KW-Audi-A6-Avant-with-21in-wheels.jpg

I think thats is lovely...I thought it was a Superb at first until I did a double take of the badge!