My V6 Twindoor!

Leon-y-k

Is it an easy job to fit springs? My mates offered to fit them for me but I'm just concerned it could go wrong!? I'm sure he knows what he's doing because he's always worked with cars and stuff. It's really nice of him to offer to be fair!

Maybe I'm being over paranoid but I could get the tracking and wheel alignment done afterwards right? Anyone else fitted springs at home!?

Is it an easy job to fit springs? My mates offered to fit them for me but I'm just concerned it could go wrong!? I'm sure he knows what he's doing because he's always worked with cars and stuff. It's really nice of him to offer to be fair!

Maybe I'm being over paranoid but I could get the tracking and wheel alignment done afterwards right? Anyone else fitted springs at home!?

Yeah, it's easy enough as long as you know what your doing (which your friend obviously does) and have the tools for the job (which I assume he will). Worst part can sometimes be getting the old ones off if bolts etc have seized, but that shouldn't be an issue as your car isn't old and rusty.

• Like 2

Had to order some new droplinks and bolts because the other ones had seized up.... delayed the fitting a bit!! It's surprisingly rusty on parts underneath for a 5 year old car... hmm is that usually normall?

I know Steve it's been over 18 months now! a5ab960f1ba7905d3aa3b84ca0ac583e.jpg

Went out to a customers house today though and he kindly offered me to park up his drive.... panic moment and me being polite I tried but then I said nah I'll stay out here thanks!

New Cree led drl bulbs purchased! Their so bright compared to the standard ones. Big difference at dusk. :)

No warnings, just perfect

Before - 519c1dd77c6a55a76e1ec569f4fbb428.jpg

After -

672f8f88b463b8f9e1e7b540a7ce9686.jpgbcd28b2ab946271863f66da64707401c.jpgf38fb872f31da79c215a27499e76381b.jpg3187ac6365f991c74530517e8f0a3e72.jpg

Hi Leon

car is looking real good now when you lowered it! have you measured the difference in inch/cm? I lowered as well with the exact same H&R kit and to my big supprise the car got lowered 50mm in front and 55 in the back! from 71cm (top of wheel arch to floor) to 66 in the front and 72 to 66,5cm..

BTW when are you putting back the 19's?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Like the bentley alloys leon are the genuine or reps. They suit the car really well

Thanks Adz, 

They are genuine - I've never seen any Bentley reps before, they do really suit it! It's also a nice design to keep clean too  :notme:

Hi! 

Wow it's been a long time since I've had the chance to log on again. 

Thanks buddy, it's around 63.5cm on the front, and 67 now on the rear... approximately. I do now have an addition to my car. 19" are back on but looking better than ever!!!  :clap: They will need a refurb I'm not quite sure on the matt look at the moment but they do sit nicely. 

All photos taken on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge too - the camera is great

2015-07-08_20.50.10_resized.jpg

2015-07-08_20.49.32_resized.jpg

2015-07-08_20.48.24_resized.jpg

2015-07-08_20.47.10_resized.jpg2015-07-07_21.22.43_resized.jpg2015-07-07_21.17.59_resized.jpg2015-07-07_21.19.19_resized.jpgIMG_20150707_224133.jpg

wooow!!! car loox phenomenal! those wheels are legendary, why the heck doesn't skoda, vw och audi have this design in the dealers OEM option list? 

please do not do anything else with the car (exterior wise), it really is perfect now! 

cheers! 

• Like 1