VRS replacement?

Had the vrs nearly 2 and a half years now.   Hasn't missed a beat and been a really great car but fancying a change.  Sure this has been asked a thousand times but just wanting suggestions as to the range of replacements that might be attainable.

It would be the value in the VRS (05 on 92k) plus £3.5k max.  Needs to be able to transport 2 and some gear easily.  Probably diesel again (16-18k miles per year), and cheapish to run and maintain.

Have looked at focus (snooze but sensible), golfs (veedub history previously) and even alfas (e.g. 147).

Or - keep the VRS?

Suggestions - however leftfield - please.

The fabia value + 3.5k joe ;)

So 7k -7.5k?

Shows me for not reading properly, i read it as he was saying the value of his car was 3.5k max.

Like the leon idea too matt, how much are mk5 gtd's going for now that could be a nice everyday car.

Shows me for not reading properly, i read it as he was saying the value of his car was 3.5k max.

Like the leon idea too matt, how much are mk5 gtd's going for now that could be a nice everyday car.

The nice looking gtd's with gti bumper + dark headlights are going for about 7-8k without moon miliage :)

Mk2 leon fr 2.0 tdi 170 with K1 (btcc) kit ;)

170bhp.. 5 doors and look amazing with the BTCC kit :)

Just bought one of these for the Wife last week, loving it so far, very nice to drive and paid less than 7K for a 2007 PD170 with 49K miles and full history.

No BTCC kit descided to keep it a bit lower key :) 

Just bought one of these for the Wife last week, loving it so far, very nice to drive and paid less than 7K for a 2007 PD170 with 49K miles and full history.

No BTCC kit descided to keep it a bit lower key :)

Nice! Need one for my next car ;).. she doesnt want a fabia estate does she lol ;):D..

The fr kit does look nice but im in love with the btcc kit especially in red :love:

Keep the Fabia and spend the 3.5k on it instead, you can do a lot with that sort of money. Just depends whether you want speed, comfort or, some sort of compromise to suit yourself.

Don't want to mod the vrs at all TBH. I have a weekend / track car for that sort of thing and this is the workhorse.

Also don't want to get to the stage where I'm spending a lot in upkeep / repairs. No indication of that at the moment but turbos / clutch / dmf / gearbox etc. in mind.

So partly for a change and partly with an eye on it potentially being the right financial route long term (probably man maths!!!!)

Keep the vrs dude. I owned one few years ago, went to a supercharged type r then to a t sport now back to a vrs again because they are class on fuel and the low down torque is perfect for overtaking still. You won't find a better car for the money

• Like 1

Don't want to mod the vrs at all TBH. I have a weekend / track car for that sort of thing and this is the workhorse.

Also don't want to get to the stage where I'm spending a lot in upkeep / repairs. No indication of that at the moment but turbos / clutch / dmf / gearbox etc. in mind.

So partly for a change and partly with an eye on it potentially being the right financial route long term (probably man maths!!!!)

I went down the road of trading my first Fabia vRS and regretted it, was nearly 4 years before I got another, nothing else gives the same mix of performance and economy, it suites me to a T, so much so, I intend to keep it and just spend whatever it needs to keep it right. I don't mean extreme mods to it, just subtle upgrades. Stage 1 remap, big brake conversion, Meyle consol bushes, rear ARB, mk2 seats (easier to keep clean), and the iPod connection for the standard head unit. It will take me a couple of years but I will get there. 

Best of luck and I hope you find something that suits you sir. lol.

Keep the vrs dude. I owned one few years ago, went to a supercharged type r then to a t sport now back to a vrs again because they are class on fuel and the low down torque is perfect for overtaking still. You won't find a better car for the money

I couldn't agree more.

MK2 octavia vrs tfsi.
if you have a decent amount of NCB then the inusrance isnt too bad and mine hit 40 mpg more than a few times.
The only expensive part was the tax-£260 annually.

• Like 1

OK - I now have a big want for a renaultsport megane 175 dci.  Nearly bought an R26 a couple of years ago and forgot that virtually the same car (minus LSD) can be had in a diesel version.

However, rare as hens' teeth.