LED bulbs for rear lights.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I've bitten the bullet after months of waiting for the dectane ones and having no reply from them twice on when they are going to become available, and ordered the Chinese ones from Ali express.

It will be a while before they arrive no doubt, I will update with details and pics all being well when they arrive and are fitted.

How long did yours take to come silver?

Edited by xpower

Well I've bitten the bullet after months of waiting for the dectane ones and having no reply from them twice on when they are going to become available, and ordered the Chinese ones from Ali express.

It will be a while before they arrive no doubt, I will update with details and pics all being well when they arrive and are fitted.

How long did yours take to come silver?

NICE ONE I THINK IM GOING TO HAVE AGO WHEN I GET PAID NEXT MONTH :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Thats the same seller I used for my Superb tail lights pictured earlier.

One of the tail lights wasn't quite sealed correctly and moisture got behind the lens.

The seller was very good though, he offered to either replace the unit or send me a partial refund to buy some glass sealant.

I thought there was an issue with the LED tail lights not working correctly out of the box. Some modification had to be done to get the side set of LEDs to work.

See the below links to a couple of posts about these lights:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/268104-octavia-ii-led-tail-lights/

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/214606-rear-led-light-for-octavia-and-superb-feeler-only/

Read both threads in full to see what issues were found and what was needed to be done.

Edited by CmB

• 2 weeks later...

My LED lights from Ali express are now in UK customs so hopefully not long to wait now. Good considering the seller has a 25 day processing time - it's taken 11 days from payment to them arriving in the UK.

Hurry up customs :-)

• Like 1

Well they have been released from uk customs with a £44 charge so total is £171 altogether. So should receive them early next week. Will post pics when they're fitted all being well.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
On 12/08/2013 at 16:22, DMilleaVRS said:

some chap on here has done it well the fronts.....so far look pretty good and they are error free but the do come at a price £26.99 for a set i think

I have started doing my MY12 Octavia Elegance GSG7.   I have posted some pictures.     So far, DRL's with resistors, Fog/Turning lights with resistor packs.   Side lights on front and small w4w lights on back do not need resistors.   Door lights and Puddle lights again, don't need resistors, but if you scan with VCDS you will see a fault thrown up, but nothing on the dashboard.

All interior lights have been changed to LED as well, including the boot lights.  Looks so much whiter and brighter inside the car and in the boot.  Just straight forward swap for equivalent sized LED.     Number plate lights are LED,  with warning turned off in VCDS or you can buy Canbus friendly ones now.   Reversing lights are done with resistors. 

NOTE:-   all of the resistors are temporary untill I am able to go and see langers2k who has offered me help, to have the BCM coded with some Professional kit he has, to stop all warnings.

Stop/Tail and Side/Fog lights will have to be fitted with resistors temporarily.     Indicators will go to LED within the next couple of weeks, however, if I get "HYPERFLASH" or anything silly, then I fear that resistors may be the only way, unless I can find bulbs with built in ballast.

Please look at my album to get an idea of how it looks so far.

Some pix below.

2017-07-13 21.48.07.jpg

2017-07-13 21.48.40.jpg

2017-07-13 21.49.14.jpg

2017-07-14 15.32.18-1.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, I am looking to replace all my clusters with LED's ive got Halfords side light led's only right now they are great bright as hell and look awesome.

I want to replace the rear lights, brake and fogs and reversing with LED's.

I would do the interior lights but for some bizarre reason only my door lamps work, none of the other interior lights work and I cannot fathom out why.

So where should I buy my LED's?