Wheels done at last *Help me choose spacers*

Well after a few weeks of set backs my wheels have finally been powdercoated by a friend of mine who runs Glentyan Alooys in Linwood, great quality as always! They're finished in graphite grey and im well chuffed, exactly what i was after!

I also need spacers to rid the car of the nasty wheel tuck but have no idea anything about them :( someone help with telling me what size i need? Please! 

http://www.dpmperformance.co.uk/octavia-1z-06-wheel-spacers-c-1929_1947_2945.html?zenid=7669b6bf6cc4e84374eb5ee5eaa6cb12

Anyways, pics or it didn't happen i guess

IMAG0151_zps0b9109d1.jpg

IMAG0167_zps8f8bd933.jpg

IMAG0168_zpsa0a9a0bd.jpg

IMAG0166_zps4082221d.jpg

IMAG0161_zps1ab5d1b9.jpg

IMAG0157_zpsd775b2ee.jpg

IMAG0156_zpsd50315b0.jpg

IMAG0155_zps0938aa32.jpg

IMAG0152_zps37630463.jpg

IMAG0165_zpsb3d0e98d.jpg

IMAG0164_zpsb4f4d133.jpg

• Like 2

Sorry should probably have given a bit more info on the hunt for spacers. I did initially do a search, however it turned out quite inconclusive as many do show pictures but are on standard ride height. I also saw your post Davey and, again, found it quite inconclusive as you state your cars lowered, to what extent? Did you end up getting spacers? If so, what size? 

What i'm worrying about is scrubbing. As is obvious the car is rather low, the front is getting adjusted up on Thursday, and i often travel with 4 adults in the car so i want to avoid scrubbing issues. It also appears to me that the front is already running a wider track that the rear. Am i imagining this or does the vrs have a widetrack sort of thing on the front end? Therefore to contemplate i'd have to order smaller for the front. 

I just hoped there would be a knowledgeable person who could advise the best size to give it abetter stance without causing scrubbing issue, there is a briskodian out there for everything haha!

I have Eibach sports springs and have 11mm front and 16mm rear spacers. Rubbing has never been an issued even fully loaded. 

Don't forget with the spacers you need a set of longer nuts and new set of locking wheel nuts.

Looks a lot better with then tho! money well spent!

I run 19x8.5 et 45 wheels and have no rubbing issues, I probably sit a little lower than yours too.

Using these calculations and looking at the poke number I would say you can get away with up to 20mm spacers, I would personally go for 17mm out back and 13-15 up front, getting the bolt on spacers preferably, rather than the bolt through ones.

Here's a screen shot of what I mean with standard wheels compared to my current ones.

77ce0a7c4d7e4a15bbd8fea75fdd9874_zps3ae4

On my red vrs I had 16mm hubcentric spacers on the rear and if I hit a bump too hard something definitely rubbed at the back, It was standard height.

I now have them on the combi so will see how it goes.

This is how they look

283510_3870159716844_175490251_n.jpg

1173820_10200430296144332_2140258636_n.j

1148817_10200430296824349_1430361938_n.j

@ firestormwest.

Did you use longer bolts on the front as well?

Got any pics?

love the powercoated wheels!!  

i'd like to do that myself soon.

i've got 12mm hubcentric spacers on the rear.  none up front.

its on eibach 20mm drop.

DSCF2362.jpg

DSCF2359.jpg

Untitled.jpg

DSCF2355.jpg

• Like 2

It also appears to me that the front is already running a wider track that the rear. Am i imagining this or does the vrs have a widetrack sort of thing on the front end? Therefore to contemplate i'd have to order smaller for the front. 

the front does indeed have a wider track than the rear - 20mm more infact.

front = 1528mm

rear = 1508mm

rsliftbackdimensions-back_zpsbd78aa67.jprsliftbackdimensions-front_zps7dfc330b.j

• Like 1

Cheers guys for the nice comments re. wheel colour, think i chose the right one after being very indecisive

JR thanks for clearing that up, defo makes sense now. think i might go 12mm at the rear and nothing up front to start, see how i like that. I do prefer the look of the 16mm, the rubbing is putting me off though... 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Theyre graphite grey in colour :)

Davey I have to be honest, I never really got round to it! Though thanks to such amazing response i know the ones I want, just never got the finger out to order them :( lazy I know but....iv actually ordered a new set of alloys so it may be a blessing in disguise as I dunno if the spacers would have fitted with the new wheels :)

spotted that Rob, thinking of taking a punt on the H&R 50mm springs to match to my Weitec dampers........ want more lows, but cant afford Coils so this might be a good stopgap

well attempted to register with that forum, about 10 attempts then gave in guess i wont be a member on there. Everytime it was something different...username not available, password too short, password need lower and upper case then countless attempts at those stupid letter things :/