New VRS Hatch build dates?

Hi everyone I've not been on here for a few years being a previous owner of a Fabia VRS and Octavia MK1 VRS i do like all things Skoda (apart from maybe the Roomster)I used to spend a bit of time on here but had an A4 the last 5 years so haven't been on here. This is my 1st post with new user name as couldn't remember my previous details.

Anyway back to my question I ve enquired about the new VRS and I fancied the Hatchback but have been told by the dealer that they are only building the estate at the moment and won't be starting the Hatches until November for a January delivery, I can't wait that long as my car goes back oct/nov time, so has anyone else come across this if its true I will have to look into the estate which I did like initially but settled on the Hatch.

Cheers Lee

It is true I'm afraid that said if you order a new estate now it probably wouldn't be delivered until November. I ordered my new vrs estate 3 weeks ago and have told by my dealer it won't be delivered until the second half of October

Hi lee. I ordered a hatch........dealer anticipates build date of week 42 ( mid October) with delivery mid November. I guess depending on your options you require may push build weeks back

Hi Lee,

I ordered my hatch on 4th August and have been told week 40 for build date with Delivery late November, early December. Dealer hopes this will reduce as production begins but I don't think this will happen, however having driven the new one it should be worth the wait.

I asked the same question when I phoned SUK this week... they called me back 20 minutes later and confirmed to me that the VRS hatch demonstrators will be built 1st week Nov (or there about) with customer (factory orders) being processed after that. Their expectation was that orders would not start being built till late Nov -> early Dec and as such delivery not till January.

Apparently a bulletin was sent to dealers so they should be telling customers this :giggle:  

• Like 1

They are some long waits, is everyone having the same waiting time or does it change on the size of the dealership?

Ordered my vRS hatch TDI just under two weeks ago and the dealer is adamant it'll be 12 weeks max, are they blowing smoke?

Mike83 - unfortunately I suspect that, like my dealer, they are simply unaware of the factory plans / schedule for building the VRS hatch. For example my dealer phoned me today to let me know the system now shows week 41 for build so I should expect delivery end of October! I had to laugh as SUK only two days ago told me it would be no earlier than January. 

Anyway I've phoned SUK again today and managed to speak to the same customer services lady and she checked the system for me again. She explained that it is an 'unconfirmed' build week and SUK have had no notification from the factory that plans have changed for the VRS hatch. They are building the demonstrators week 45 (4th Nov) and will start all customer orders after that. That basically means if you're lucky end of December but most likely January for delivery. She said the dealer should know this.

She is phoning me again on 26th August as she expects my build week to keep being pushed back (beyond 45 basically) and wants to keep me informed once it starts moving. BTW an unconfirmed build week can move forward or backwards, it only becomes confirmed about 1 week prior to build.

Of course this all assumes SUK know better than the dealers.. unfortunately I think they probably do :(

I for one need to make a decision as January is a long wait... that said changing to an estate will probably mean waiting to mid November anyway. Drop VRS and go elegance hatch or ignore the wife and go and order that M135i instead... who needs a ridiculously large boot anyway!

Mike83 - unfortunately I suspect that, like my dealer, they are simply unaware of the factory plans / schedule for building the VRS hatch. For example my dealer phoned me today to let me know the system now shows week 41 for build so I should expect delivery end of October! I had to laugh as SUK only two days ago told me it would be no earlier than January. 

Anyway I've phoned SUK again today and managed to speak to the same customer services lady and she checked the system for me again. She explained that it is an 'unconfirmed' build week and SUK have had no notification from the factory that plans have changed for the VRS hatch. They are building the demonstrators week 45 (4th Nov) and will start all customer orders after that. That basically means if you're lucky end of December but most likely January for delivery. She said the dealer should know this.

She is phoning me again on 26th August as she expects my build week to keep being pushed back (beyond 45 basically) and wants to keep me informed once it starts moving. BTW an unconfirmed build week can move forward or backwards, it only becomes confirmed about 1 week prior to build.

Of course this all assumes SUK know better than the dealers.. unfortunately I think they probably do :(

I for one need to make a decision as January is a long wait... that said changing to an estate will probably mean waiting to mid November anyway. Drop VRS and go elegance hatch or ignore the wife and go and order that M135i instead... who needs a ridiculously large boot anyway!

Thanks for the info.

That was what I feared. Don't think I can wait till January (might as well wait till March then) so may well have to think about getting the estate or as you say a different car all together

Well i made my mind up guys i was initially going for a Brilliant Silver Hatch with Black Pack, but after realising what is going to be a long wait i've changed to a Candy White Estate with black pack, hopefully all being well this should get ordered next week i've left it in the hands of the guy at work that sorts the cars out.

Only stumbling block might not being able to cancel the A3 Sportback he ordered beginning of July for me, he seems confident it wont be a problem though.

Also does anyone know why all the demos that you can see on the Skoda Used site all have the Pictoris alloys, the Gemini Anthracite are far nicer and i cant believe they are standard, or thats what im lead to believe, please anyone dont say im wrong.

From another thread the Gemini have only just gone into production hence there weren't many in the initial dealer batch

That's great news cheers

I've spoken to Skoda UK and that was what they were saying, no hatches till Jan 014. Absolute joke. They launch a new model and then expect customers to wait 5-6 on getting one. The result is people will go elsewhere. Garages are littered with cars and money talks.

Combined with a price increase I'm sorry to see Skoda going down this route. It would have made sense to build hatches before estate models. Can't see the logic there.

Combined with a price increase I'm sorry to see Skoda going down this route. It would have made sense to build hatches before estate models. Can't see the logic there.

They've not done it by choice, it's due to production problems, the rear spoiler being one of them.

I needed an estate so Im glad they are building them first otherwise I would have to hope my old octy would get through another winter LOL. I guess its luck of the draw but from what the dealers have told me they sell more estates than hatches so I guess in a way it makes sense to cater for the larger market before the smaller one?

I've spoken to Skoda UK and that was what they were saying, no hatches till Jan 014. Absolute joke. They launch a new model and then expect customers to wait 5-6 on getting one. The result is people will go elsewhere. Garages are littered with cars and money talks.

Fair point indeed.

Totally agree here. The hatch is the main seller here. And in Ireland estates are not popular at all so it's going to effect here as much or more.

When I ordered my fl mkII I had to wait until December for delivery and I ordered at a similar time. I'm just hoping that mine will still be built on week41 or when they build the demonstrators if what suk is to be believed. If not I will have to mot my car and tax it and hope the dealer holds the part ex price if it goes into the new year

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the info.

That was what I feared. Don't think I can wait till January (might as well wait till March then) so may well have to think about getting the estate or as you say a different car all together

Not sure how many of those of us contemplating the VRS hatch back in August have stuck it out but I just had confirmation from SUK that my order has gone to status 20: Confirmed for build week 41 (October 7). I see a few others are getting confirmations also (maybe one on boat already!).

Believe it when I see it but hoping for WK45 delivery (Nov 4th-10th)... maybe a bit optimistic... :)

Of course SUK can't explain why what they originally told me has changed though.

Better go phone the dealer and tell him the good news. :)

Not sure how many of those of us contemplating the VRS hatch back in August have stuck it out but I just had confirmation from SUK that my order has gone to status 20: Confirmed for build week 41 (October 7). I see a few others are getting confirmations also (maybe one on boat already!).

Believe it when I see it but hoping for WK45 delivery (Nov 4th-10th)... maybe a bit optimistic... :)

Of course SUK can't explain why what they originally told me has changed though.

Better go phone the dealer and tell him the good news. :)

Out of interest, what date did you place your order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Hi! I ordered my o3 hatchback vrs in 25/13 and this Thursday I'll get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Rudeman
  • Like 1

Out of interest, what date did you place your order?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Ordered 29th July (Wk:31). So still a good wait (likely 14 weeks)... for those interested: VRS Hatch TSI, Corrida Red, Cruise, Amundsen, Black Pack, Sunset glass