Roomster Special Edition

Keitht

Hi, I have a Special Edition on order to replace the Fabia ? I just couldn't resist the price for all that spec!

Mine is shark blue and scheduled for build, hopefully, for last week August. So I might get it by the end of September???

Anybody else taken the plunge on this deal? It seems not to be promoted by Skoda UK, only by individual dealers.

Not sure what is on offer here!

Headline says "Roomster SE Limited Edition", the full spec omits the "SE"

Looking at the "Full specification" the only addition I can find over standard SE spec is autodimming rear view mirror and load sill protection.  Hard to see in the pic but I don't see an autodimming mirror and it wasn't even offered as an option when I ordered mine in April.  Missing from standard SE spec are height adjustable passenger seat, rear parking sensors, electric rear windows, panoramic roof and sunset glass.

The picture shows roof bar & front fogs but they don't show in the full spec

Full spec says "Avior" alloys - those pictured are not Avior

I think it is a specced up "S" not an SE and they have used a stock image that is the wrong one!!

But that said, £9900  looks like one helluva bargain!!!

Not sure what is on offer here!

Headline says "Roomster SE Limited Edition", the full spec omits the "SE"

Looking at the "Full specification" the only addition I can find over standard SE spec is autodimming rear view mirror and load sill protection.  Hard to see in the pic but I don't see an autodimming mirror and it wasn't even offered as an option when I ordered mine in April.  Missing from standard SE spec are height adjustable passenger seat, rear parking sensors, electric rear windows, panoramic roof and sunset glass.

The picture shows roof bar & front fogs but they don't show in the full spec

Full spec says "Avior" alloys - those pictured are not Avior

I think it is a specced up "S" not an SE and they have used a stock image that is the wrong one!!

But that said, £9900  looks like one helluva bargain!!!

Maybe it's an SE limited in features and not exclusivity :giggle:

"Image for ilustration (sic) purposes only. Specification may vary due to manufacturer changes and model updates throughout the year. Please check with us for full specification." - Might as well have stuck a picture of a Ferrari in then!!

This car looks more like the "SE minus" produced on the S production line earlier this year when there was (depending on who you listened to) - a ) - a shortage of panoramic roofs or b ) - a move of the production factory in progress and probably a combination of the two. A number of supposedly "SE spec" Roomsters were built with much of the SE spec deleted and a small reduction in list price - guaranteed to cause confusion come trade in and second hand purchase time. When SEAT did something similar with the Alhambra they designated it as an "SX" and everybody knew where they were - Skoda, sadly, are not that smart.

As the quote from the image small print above says "Please check with us for full specification" - I would sit with the salesman and go through the SE brochure with a fine-toothed comb

Having said all that I have to agree with Eccleshill though no matter what it is it's a lot of car for the money

• Like 1

Seems a lot of dealers are offering this - DM Keith below are describing it as a "Roomster Special Edition 2013" which to me is better than "SE Special Edition" - also a lot a clearer spec quoted - seems it's a pretty bog standard SE TSI 86 in limited colours and (presumably) no ability to add options as they'll all be built already - pile 'em high and sell 'em cheap - bargain to say the very least as the list price of the SE is quite high

http://www.dmkeith.com/skoda/sales-offers/roomster-special

Out of idle curiosity I asked Skoda Customer Services for the specification detail on this car. They told me they didn't have any details as it was something the dealers had arranged!

So I can only assume that Skoda UK allow their dealers to make commercial arrangements direct with Skoda CZ without their involvement?

OR I should have read the first paragraph on the Customer services page of the Roomster brochure " No matter what the query our dedicated call centre is already to listen. No matter how big or small the request, speak to one of our customer care advisors to see if they can help."

I had assumed they could have answered a question about a car currently on sale, but I guess they did listen and they said they could't help so they complied with the wording in their brochure!

Rant over, back to sleep.......

I had assumed they could have answered a question about a car currently on sale, but I guess they did listen and they said they could't help so they complied with the wording in their brochure!

Why would you assume that?  Effectively the dealers have pre-specced and ordered a bunch of cars for their stock that they no doubt got at a healthy bulk purchase discount from Skoda so they can sell to customers on a special deal.  That is why they are fixed colours and you can't add anything to the spec.

Obviously Skoda UK should know what the standard specs are and what options are available for special editions and deals advertised on the Skoda UK website - like the Fabia Reaction or Yeti Adventure.   But you really can't expect Skoda UK to know every detail of every car that every dealer orders.  At that level you go to the dealer for information.

Hi

Have ordered one, the dealer as 15 on order and are due in November with my name now against the first one.

It was stated EXPLICITLY the car is an SE but only available in shark blue (mine) or silver.

Have been offered the option to supaguard inside and out, is it worth it.

Roger glad there are now, at least, two of us!

Shark blue does seem to be more popular than silver according to my dealer.

Supaguard has been covered elsewhere on the forum, generally people don't think it is worth the money, if you can get it for nothing, or next to nothing you might as well have it. I had it (for free) on my last fabia and other than getting the cleaning kit I could't really tell the difference. My other local dealer wanted 800 for mats, mud flaps, a tank of petrol and supaguard .............hence I went elsewhere.

supaguard is nothing more than a cheap hard wax(which salesman get huge commision for selling), for around half if not a third of the money pay a decent detailer to put colignite on your car it's much better and lasts and in my eyes will bring out the colour better

• 2 weeks later...

Saw my car today, when signing the paperwork prior to collection next week. Can confirm it is full SE spec (at least in all the major features) and as a bonus it has Hankook tyres Rather than the noisy Dunlops I have on the Fabia.

Can't wait now...........

I picked up the car yesterday and confirm it is a full SE spec, complete with smokers kit and rear disc brakes, perhaps all Roomsters now have these? Also swopped the unused spare from the old Fabia.

It drives like a dream compared to the Fabia, so much smoother and much quieter with hardly any road noise, haven't pushed it yet but can already tell the better low end torque will suite my driving style.

So Skoda's best kept secret with a 4K price reduction! Should be selling like hot cakes.

A couple of months ago my wife tried the Fiat 500L and was all for a new one next year, yesterday she was driving and suddenly said, this is the best automatic gearbox I've ever driven with, I just wish the car was higher, (she loved her early Vitaras), I think we should get another. Mmmm....(scratches chin) Women! :think:

I picked up the car yesterday and confirm it is a full SE spec, complete with smokers kit and rear disc brakes, perhaps all Roomsters now have these? Also swopped the unused spare from the old Fabia.

It drives like a dream compared to the Fabia, so much smoother and much quieter with hardly any road noise, haven't pushed it yet but can already tell the better low end torque will suite my driving style.

So Skoda's best kept secret with a 4K price reduction! Should be selling like hot cakes.

Happy New Motor :party:

Regarding road noise - you realise just how much road noise you get in an Octavia when you switch to a Roomster.  It's like driving on deep pile carpet in comparison.

• 3 months later...

Strange. I ordered my Roomster at 30th of August. I newer saw option about auto dimming back view mirror in option list, in Finland. If I'd seen this option, I've have ordered it this already.

Do you know, can you fit autodimming rear view mirror afterwards easily?

Edited by manni

• 3 weeks later...

Roger glad there are now, at least, two of us!

Shark blue does seem to be more popular than silver according to my dealer.

Supaguard has been covered elsewhere on the forum, generally people don't think it is worth the money, if you can get it for nothing, or next to nothing you might as well have it. I had it (for free) on my last fabia and other than getting the cleaning kit I could't really tell the difference. My other local dealer wanted 800 for mats, mud flaps, a tank of petrol and supaguard .............hence I went elsewhere.

And now there are 3 of us !!  All happened so quickly, best way sometimes to make decisions !  Had a Monte carlo 1.2 TSI 105, 18 months old.  Great car, but with growing grand kids, AND elderly in laws who will soon need a bit of running around, was looking to change and intially was looking at a ex demo estate monte Carlo.  400 miles, 3 months old, and a really good deal.  Was a 1.6CR and with my driving decided against the diesal with DPF issues etc.  I was told (today) that they have 4K off the Roomster SE.  Under 10K ?   This offer one Retailed at 9995 !  As previous posters have said, retailed in the book at 14,000 but ONLY available in the two colours, silver and shark Blue.  The sales man had a look on the computer (with me watching) and initially thought all had gone.  A number of phone calls and only a couple left un attached as such !  Make your mind up time.  I could have had other colours and spec, but £15K ????

Having had the 105 engine I was apprehensive about only being able to have the 86hp one.  However I took an 86 out and in all fairness was not quite as 'flat' as i feared.  Local roads did not seem much difference to my 105,  and still pulled well on the hills.  So, job done.  Deposit paid, really good px on my Monte and loads of room, which was the issue.

Chuffed is an understatement.    It is sold to me as an SE, not an S  with extra's comes with the panoramic roof, reversing sensors etc etc.  

Oh yes, elected for the Shark Blue !  

Edited by Trotts

Make that four! I ordered one just over a week ago, although there seems to be some confusion at the various dealers I spoke to.

One told me that all the cars had been sold, another said they could get me one in Shark Blue but then called back to say none left and finally my nearest dealer came up with the goods but said it was only available in Silver, as per the Skoda UK website (and £5 cheaper at £9,900!).

Have you got a delivery date? I wasn't clear about whether the cars were from stock already built and in the UK but they assure me it will be available by mid-Feb.

The 1.2 tsi engine is remarkable - so quiet at idle I thought I'd stalled it at the start of the test drive but pulled like a train on the motorway. I can't wait...

Make that four! I ordered one just over a week ago, although there seems to be some confusion at the various dealers I spoke to.

One told me that all the cars had been sold, another said they could get me one in Shark Blue but then called back to say none left and finally my nearest dealer came up with the goods but said it was only available in Silver, as per the Skoda UK website (and £5 cheaper at £9,900!).

Have you got a delivery date? I wasn't clear about whether the cars were from stock already built and in the UK but they assure me it will be available by mid-Feb.

The 1.2 tsi engine is remarkable - so quiet at idle I thought I'd stalled it at the start of the test drive but pulled like a train on the motorway. I can't wait...

Yes, mid February . It is built and the computers tell you where the car is. They had both silver and. Shark blue. Not many mind showing on the box !

Yes, mid February . It is built and the computers tell you where the car is. They had both silver and. Shark blue. Not many mind showing on the box !

Drat - Blue was my preferred colour!

To be honest, the dealer didn't really seem to know much at all - I had to point out the promotion on the Skoda website before they would check. If I was at all cynical, I might think that this had something to do with the two pre-registration 13 plate Roomster S models on their forecourt they were trying to sell for £8,600...

For a new practical car that's an absolute bargain IMO!