Citigo steering problem

Jude161

No, I'm not happy at all, I have a 400 mile journey to make tomorrow and I'm full of trepidation. I don't suppose there's much else I can do now, just wait until it happens again and video it happening.

If it happens then all you can do is pull over as soon as it's safe and re-set it, turn the car off for a few seconds and then back on. If you capture it on camera then that will be very useful to the dealer tying to re create the fault.

As above, I wish you an uneventful trip.

• 4 weeks later...

yes, I have only ever done it to replicate the problem (for my partner to experience, which he did).  I looked around a large carpark yesterday and there were lots of turned wheels, so it's not as if it's a particularly peculiar thing to do?

• 1 month later...

I am pretty certain that it was in the handbook for my last car, a Nissan Tiida, that it recommended not to park with the wheels turned.  It might have said full lock.  Didn't state a reason.

I think you are better off straightening the wheel, especially when parking parallel to the pavement, as it gives you more options for getting back out if the vehicle in front and behind have changed positions.

On a hill I also prefer to leave a car in gear. Question: assuming a car is facing downhill should it be in 1st gear, or reverse?

I think you are better off straightening the wheel, especially when parking parallel to the pavement, as it gives you more options for getting back out if the vehicle in front and behind have changed positions.

On a hill I also prefer to leave a car in gear. Question: assuming a car is facing downhill should it be in 1st gear, or reverse?

Doesn't matter as long as the car is left in the gear (that's any gear)

Facing downhill -> 1st. gear.

Facing uphill -> reverse gear.

This way engine turns right direction if car moves for some reason. I've noticed this little engine turns a bit almost every time when car is left in gear, without handbrake.

Facing downhill -> 1st. gear.

Facing uphill -> reverse gear.

This way engine turns right direction if car moves for some reason. I've noticed this little engine turns a bit almost every time when car is left in gear, without handbrake.

That's the way I have been taught to leave my cars,but some people say the opposite.