DAB Radio?

fenderstrat

I  have a 63 plate Seat Mii Sport & the new Garmin unit.  I can confirm there is no DAB tuner, just the AM / FM.

However I have been told that if you have a phone with a radio player app on that you can stream that through the Bluetooth connection.  I have successfully played music from my iPhone, but have not tried a radio player app yet.

Yes, that definitely works. I've played internet radio stations via Bluetooth from my phone.

• 2 weeks later...

I think DAB+ will be an option as of build week 45. 

That would be interesting.

I have an aftermarket DAB radio in the car and would really miss it now. Sadly TuneIn only works in town here - as soon as I get to an A-road the 3G signal disappears.

Using a roof antenna can make a big difference over the windscreen ones that used to come with the Pure Highway.

Edited by NauticalBlue

We have one of those mains powered Pure DAB radios at home. But I've not tried one of the portables in a car so not sure about reception...

I expect the aux cable would serve as the antenna, much like headphone cables do on mobiles.

Hi all,

I ordered my Skoda Citigo 5dr Elegance last week with all the options, so very excited :D

However when I went online today I saw this DAB Option on the configurator page.

I have just phoned my local dealer who is going to look into it.

seykd3.png

Alex :)

Edited by 59Hopper
  • Like 1

I put VW DAB radio in my Fabia and had very good reception with hardly any drop outs using a good quality stick on glass aerial properly installed (following the instructions correctly).

My Octavia came with DAB as standard and I have never had a drop out

Hi all,

I ordered my Skoda Citigo 5dr Elegance last week with all the options, so very excited :D

However when I went online today I saw this DAB Option on the configurator page.

I have just phoned my local dealer who is going to look into it.

Alex :)

Hey Alex - that's great. :-)

Did you hear back from the dealer about the DAB option?

The configurator on the Czech Skoda website still includes the DAB option, so maybe it's coming?

On the German VW site there is an option to add DAB to the Up! for €225. Not sure if this is the same as the DAB add-on that can be ordered with the Seat Mii, which is the DAB 300DI+ adapter from Pure. Would be great if it worked through the PID rather than something extra on the interior.

From skoda-auto.com:

"The ŠKODA Citigo has received some fresh interior features: The popular city car will be available from November with exclusive three-spoke steering wheels, either in PUR or leather. Another innovation is the ‘Funky’ radio, which now comes with DAB-Function (Digital Audio Broadcasting), which enables you to receive digitally transmitted radio stations."

Remember that's the international site so no guarantees over if/when it will make it's way to the UK.

Yes - I think that's the same one that SEAT offer as an option on the Mii. Looking at the accessories brochure, it's possible to have this fitted on the Citigo by a Skoda dealer for £279.

In the UK (and Ireland?) it's DAB that's used, and some countries like the Czech Republic and Netherlands use DAB+. A DAB+ receiver will do DAB, but not the other way around. A lot of stations are simulcasts of existing FM stations, and there are some digital only stations - like Absolute 80s or 5 Live Sports Extra (good for TMS or Formula 1 qualifying).

The Pure model works with a windscreen antenna, a 'main' box which can go under a seat or somewhere else out of view, and a 'controller' unit - which is in the photo on the Halfords page. This is where you can choose the station, etc. It does require connection to power - I don't think it has a 12V socket connection like the Pure Highway.

On the Czech Skoda website the DAB add-on is about £112 - or half the cost of the PID.

I think I'd prefer OEM installed DAB to save having the extra controller on the dashboard and the antenna in the window. There seem to be some up! owners with the Pure or Alpine add-on units and are happy with them though.