Whistle or cricket noise on low revs

saurabhdutt

It is getting silly now. Also they have a loan car standing next to my citigo in the garage and they have started swapping its parts with mine to test it. I mean they did say that we'll be putting the new parts once we diagnose the issue.

I dont know how long do i have to wait before I hear anything good from them.

I agree and believe you have given them reasonable opportunity to fix the car. It has ceased to be a minor problem (squeak) and become a major repair?

Personally I would ask if them to confirm what they have done and what they are now going to do. I would then contact Skoda and politely say that this has now reached the stage of a major fault and as the car was only days old you would respectfully ask for a replacement car.

If they did manage to fix the car in the next few days (which I doubt) I would go over it with a fine tooth comb for any scratches and marks in the engine bay. And reject it If you got the car on finance I would contact them and complain as well. If you paid the deposit on a Credit card I would contact them and state your claim for a refund.

Head of customer service is already on the case now. He has been talking to the service team every day for updates. Last friday i did talk to the customer service head regarding the issue and rejecting the car. He straight away rejected my requested and asked me to give them a chance to fix the problem.

I think I have given them enough chances as today they updated me that if the shaft isnt the issue then they will start opening the engine, which is the last thing I want.

Service team is suppose to call me tomorrow regarding the shaft update and I will take it from there.

Yes, the car is on finance and i shall call Vw finance and update them.

Thanks fir the help mate. Much appreciated...

S

This was for you "saurabhdutt" :

I'm not sure if I know what you mean by cricket noise. Is it the noise which you can hear when you push the throttle at low revs? Because my Citigo makes that cricket noise sometimes. And so did the demo car. I think it is called pinking in english. Better ease up throttle or change lower gear. There is sensors for pinking so no harm done if you hear it sometimes. ECU is just taking all out of the engine as it should. ;)

I wonder what is "the SHAFT which runs the engine". As far as I know there is no such thing.

Edited by Emil

Hi Guys, news isnt getting any better for me.

Just talked to the service people and they updated me that they have tried everything they could and still the noise exists. Now skoda tech team has asked the service department to order a new lower engine block and replace it as there is something wrong with it.

I cant believe they are going through all this and still cant give me a replacement car.

I an a dialog with the head office now.

Lets see what happens.

S

Dont know about that but this is my 3rd brand new car this year picked directly from a yard (sitting for few months) and have had nothing but problems with them.

I have told the head of customer service skoda that I am not happy with having the full engine replaced hence want a replacement. He has asked for couple of days before he could comment on it. Even though he insisted on having the engine replaced but I was not in a position to have it done on a brand new car.

Fingers crossed.

Sorry to hear this. I hope all gets sorted soon. I would want another car also to replace this. Keep the pressure on. Good luck :)Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

Cheers mate. Will keep you updated.

S

I would give them till Friday to sort it out. On Monday I would speak to Skoda UK and say that you are not happy and will be taking it up with trading standards. I for one would look down on any car, especially a new one if the log book said the engine had been replaced?

Lets hope things get better soon and Skoda stop faffing around.

I would give them till Friday to sort it out. On Monday I would speak to Skoda UK and say that you are not happy and will be taking it up with trading standards. I for one would look down on any car, especially a new one if the log book said the engine had been replaced?

Lets hope things get better soon and Skoda stop faffing around.

Hi,

I have been talking to Skoda UK since last week as the dealer straight away said talk to the manufacturer. Head of customer service, Skoda UK has requested for couple of days to have a discussion with a dealer to see the depreciation and work out the cost of replacing the car. I am not sure what does he mean by that.

Does it mean he will go ahead with the exchange OR

I have to pay towards the replacement

He did try and persuade me in getting the engine replaced and take the same car back however Very kindly I tried to explain that its not right to have a brand new car's engine replaced this early into the purchase and the car has only done 160 miles ONLY.

I hope something good comes out on Friday.

S

• Like 1

May I suggest sending Skoda HQ a link to this thread?

At this point, from a purely PR and reputational perspective, Skoda has no option but to immediately give you a fully equipped equivalent brand new vehicle, even if it involves giving you a Fabia, Roomster or Yeti with all the options. Even if they have to get a person working at Grimsby port to drive it from there to your house, they must do it.

Delaying any outcome, and any outcome aside from the above, has the potential to result in a significantly greater financial harm to Skoda from a purely PR standpoint.

My own Citigo is still in Emden 11 weeks after ordering, and I am starting to seriously reconsider whether the (currently) excellent customer service reputation of Skoda is at all deserved. I hope that this is not representative of Skoda & the dealer network as a whole.

I also suggest CCing a few Skoda management staff. So far I've only found Catherine Sleigh (Head of Press & PR, [email protected]) and Sarah Chapman (Marketing Manager, [email protected]). Possibly also  James Taylor (Business improvement Manager, probably the same email format [email protected]).

May I suggest sending Skoda HQ a link to this thread?

At this point, from a purely PR and reputational perspective, Skoda has no option but to immediately give you a fully equipped equivalent brand new vehicle, even if it involves giving you a Fabia, Roomster or Yeti with all the options. Even if they have to get a person working at Grimsby port to drive it from there to your house, they must do it.

Delaying any outcome, and any outcome aside from the above, has the potential to result in a significantly greater financial harm to Skoda from a purely PR standpoint.

My own Citigo is still in Emden 11 weeks after ordering, and I am starting to seriously reconsider whether the (currently) excellent customer service reputation of Skoda is at all deserved. I hope that this is not representative of Skoda & the dealer network as a whole.

I also suggest CCing a few Skoda management staff. So far I've only found Catherine Sleigh (Head of Press & PR, [email protected]) and Sarah Chapman (Marketing Manager, [email protected]). Possibly also  James Taylor (Business improvement Manager, probably the same email format [email protected]).

This is so useful and very supportive. Thank you very much.

S