Skoda UK goodwill gesture

I made a complaint to Skoda UK yesterday regarding a few faults with my car. Long story short; DMF, Clutch, Non-start (on my wedding anniversary), A/C Compressor failure (over 3 month wait for part). 

I am expecting a call back by Friday, any suggestions of how much or what to request as they have asked my what I would deem acceptable to settle this! I was thinking a free service, some vouchers for accessories and possibly an upgrade of the existing Bolero to a Columbus unit.

Ideas ASAP please all and thanks

I got three free services after they damaged my climate unit on some warranty work. On the first, it felt to me like they loaded on the work to be done to get their money back (which I didn't go with) but just be mindful of that happening to you.

Adam

The car is 3 years old, bought in January this year, less than 25,000 miles (now), full main dealer history, not that means much as they don't follow there own service schedule!! They had the car for a week sorting out the DMF issues, mainly because they couldn't decide which warranty they were trying to claim from. I called both and the next day all work was authorised under the manufacturers warranty.

it is a shame as I had a 52 plate Toledo before, did 80,000 plus miles with no problems, wish I had not changed now.

• Like 1

I have now received a goodwill gesture from Skoda, decided that a Columbus upgrade would be taking the mickey. They offered a free service, declined on the basis that Skoda would not follow there own service schedule. I stated that it has a retail value of £200 - £250, the guy on the phone then promptly told me that was not the value to them! He offered £50, I eventually got he to £125. He also stated that cars are expected to breakdown during the warranty period!! 

If I had had that information in January I would have gone elsewhere to buy a car. I can honestly say this is the last time I will be buying from the VAG range of brands, seems standards have been allowed to slip.

I have now received a goodwill gesture from Skoda, decided that a Columbus upgrade would be taking the mickey. They offered a free service, declined on the basis that Skoda would not follow there own service schedule. I stated that it has a retail value of £200 - £250, the guy on the phone then promptly told me that was not the value to them! He offered £50, I eventually got he to £125. He also stated that cars are expected to breakdown during the warranty period!! 
If I had had that information in January I would have gone elsewhere to buy a car. I can honestly say this is the last time I will be buying from the VAG range of brands, seems standards have been allowed to slip.

I would have taken the service, and gone to a better dealer than the one you've been using

I have just declined an unspecified SKODA UK "goodwill" gesture, proposed as compensation in recognation of appalling (but those are my words) still on-going warranty works saga.

I suggested a proper SKODA UK extended warranty would be more in order, since they are so confident they will properly fix the particular ongoing issue.

I like the Octavia/TDI/DSG

But, I have grown to loathe and detest SKODA UK's slope-shouldered, incompetent, inept and shambolic approach.

Marcus

The two occasions that I have contacted SUK I have been happy with what has come out of it. The first time the garage damaged my car while it was in for warranty work and they tried to charge me 50% of the repair bill. A quick 10 minute phone call later and it was all getting done at the garage's expense. The second time was just within the last month regarding the poor quality of my car and the number of times it has had to return to the garage for warranty work (see my signature) as well as all the days that I have had to take off work to deal with it and the cost of the 145 mile round trip every time it has to go to the garage. SUK thought that my case was so bad it went straight to a manager and she was fairly good at dealing with me (she didn't contact me until after 72 hours after I contacted them - SUK say that they will contact you within 48 hours - and she didn't phone me between 10am to 3pm due to me being unable to answer after that due to work so I missed her call and I had to call her back the next day) Apart from that I have no issues with SUK and they are paying for a months worth of my finance to compensate me for the inconvenience caused to me.

And that's why I have never used my Skoda dealer apart from buying it from them in the first place. Find a decent trustworthy independent garage and never go back, (unless claiming under the warranty obviously).

And that's why I have never used my Skoda dealer apart from buying it from them in the first place. Find a decent trustworthy independent garage and never go back, (unless claiming under the warranty obviously).

Which is fine, but after warranty expires skoda won't entertain any goodwill gestures even for common issues like turbo failures. You are firmly on your own without full dealer services