Nurburgring 2014

Phil-W

I've been twice in the last two years and hoping to go again next year. :) I'll try to keep my dates open in the hope I could join in with you guys!

I don't think I could have done it any cheaper to be honest. Stayed at a campsite which was 8 euros a night per person and a 6 pack of beer in Aldi was 1.49 euros!

If I went I'd be tempted to hire something they have, at least for my first trip. One option is what a friend did. He bought a Mondeo TDCI for a grand, drove down to Monaco with his dad and back up via Switzerland to the ring, did a few laps and came home. Said it was a fantastic experience.

• Like 1

Are you all planning on going to a day when it's open to the public?

There's no other option really when going as a group.  Not sure when the 2014 TF days are announced but its not that long away I think.  I usually find out on Northloop forum when the first dates are released.

we had a fantastic time on the way back from the czeck road trip last year :) we found a lovely b&b too! :)

and Martyn, it was not at all frightening driving round, I found it more relaxing than being at castle combe! lol.... we had quite a quiet day though i thiink....

we had a fantastic time on the way back from the czeck road trip last year :) we found a lovely b&b too! :)

and Martyn, it was not at all frightening driving round, I found it more relaxing than being at castle combe! lol.... we had quite a quiet day though i thiink....

It's not fear it's just I wouldn't mind a go in that Swift they have first. I've done thousands of laps on Gran Turismo so I should be fine ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

No plans as such at the moment, need to wait at least for the 2014 dates to be released which is January-ish. At the moment it's more of a 'who's up for it?' thread... :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...